You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would continuegiving them my business.

Hmm not sure who that rant is directed at. I never said they robbed me every week.

And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. 
Some of the clauses in the bookmaking industry are far from normal. Not just online, they've been known to bar people from bookies who get a few winners. From a business point of view, as you are talking, they refuse custom to one person even though the same service is available to others at the same price. You wouldn't get away with that in other industries.

And there's no point saying if you feel a particular clause is unfair don't do business with them. That's like saying if you don't like paying €40 for a boarding card don't fly with Ryanair!

Edited by Trapped - 14 Apr 2015 at 4:49pm
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:48pm
The aim of every company and business is to do you out of money. I don't trust any of them. Should I go live in the woods SGB?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Not just online, they've been known to bar people from bookies who get a few winners. From a business point of view, as you are talking, they refuse custom to one person even though the same service is available to others at the same price. You wouldn't get away with that in other industries.

Very true. Always found it quite amazing that they are able to get away with that.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
I don't see what the big fuss is about.  You could hardly expect PP to honour the bets in question especially as everyone betting on the event knew it was a mistake.  Amazon had a similar problem before Christmas where a load of stuff was sold at a penny a unit and when they copped it they cancelled all orders that hadn't yet been dispatched.   They wrote to customers as follows

We're writing to let you know that your order (redacted) from (redacted) has been cancelled because the price of the item(s) wasn't set correctly by the Seller. In most cases, you pay for items when they're dispatched to you, so you won't be charged for items that are cancelled.

If you have any questions about the cancellation of this order, please contact your seller (LINK)

Sellers on Amazon strive to minimize cancelled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

For your reference, we've included the details of your cancelled order below.

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm
I'm surprised they even paid you out at 1/100. 
SGB, if the best lost would they have kept the stake?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
It's a loophole that I never understood.

If you went to a restaurant and saw that the steak was on the menu for €1, ordered it, ate it, then they handed you a bill for €100 saying the price was wrong, do ya think you'd pay it?
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:24pm
they do the same in shops.. take a bet on the borderling of the no more bets time slot.. never tell you.. if it wins u go to collect and end up getting ur stake back. if it looses u dont go up cos it lost

who keeps the stake then?
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

they do the same in shops.. take a bet on the borderling of the no more bets time slot.. never tell you.. if it wins u go to collect and end up getting ur stake back. if it looses u dont go up cos it lost

who keeps the stake then?

I work in a bookies and its really up to the cashier to inform the customer, but the problem is that the bet doesnt always come up saying its late until its handed in to be collected. So the majority of the time the cashier wont know its too late until the docket is scanned to be collected. However sometimes it does come up saying its late and its really up to the cashier then to inform the customer. 

It will also probably depend on what type of customer you are as well for the cashier to decide to tell you if its too late and you can have your money back Wink
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm
So if you are the kind that is going to give it back over the counter, you will be told
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would </span>continue<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">giving them my business.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. </span>

Lansdowne should be empty next year so !!!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So if you are the kind that is going to give it back over the counter, you will be told

Sorry i dont understand
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:15pm
They have you well trained
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:17pm
Big smile
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:51am
Yes go and live in the woods. 

The bet would have been refunded regardless. 

My point is after 4 long years of listening to this same stupid argument from annoying customers (the same customers day in day out) is, if you think a company are doing you out of money due to the rules they have in place then dont give them your money - simple as that. 

Also re restricting bets and stakes. You have a right to place a bet just like a bookie has a right to refuse a bet - that's life- soz.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's a loophole that I never understood.

If you went to a restaurant and saw that the steak was on the menu for €1, ordered it, ate it, then they handed you a bill for €100 saying the price was wrong, do ya think you'd pay it?

Confused - so how do you expect a company to cover themselves in the event of human error, hire robots maybe?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would continuegiving them my business.

Hmm not sure who that rant is directed at. I never said they robbed me every week.

And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. 
Some of the clauses in the bookmaking industry are far from normal. Not just online, they've been known to bar people from bookies who get a few winners. From a business point of view, as you are talking, they refuse custom to one person even though the same service is available to others at the same price. You wouldn't get away with that in other industries.

And there's no point saying if you feel a particular clause is unfair don't do business with them. That's like saying if you don't like paying €40 for a boarding card don't fly with Ryanair!

My whole argument is aimed at you and you alone Trapped!!!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:14am

My point is after 4 long years of listening to this same stupid argument from annoying customers (the same customers day in day out) is, if you think a company are doing you out of money due to the rules they have in place then dont give them your money - simple as that. 

Also re restricting bets and stakes. You have a right to place a bet just like a bookie has a right to refuse a bet - that's life- soz.

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? In that, if the bookie has a right to refuse your bet then you hardly have a right to place it!

It is a unique industry so there will always be some different rules but always found that one odd. "Sorry, we won't take any more bets from you as you beat our system too often. Now please excuse us while we fleece this rich bloke who throws 1k a pop on random football matches".
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? In that, if the bookie has a right to refuse your bet then you hardly have a right to place it!

It is a unique industry so there will always be some different rules but always found that one odd. "Sorry, we won't take any more bets from you as you beat our system too often. Now please excuse us while we fleece this rich bloke who throws 1k a pop on random football matches".

It may have come out wrong but you know what I mean. We all have choices etc.

I'm extremely bitter towards the majority of gamblers. They seem to be the most hard done by bunch in the world. Its very irritating.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic