You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 1:29am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Whats the story with my bet not being paid out six hours later? Was hoping for you on the chat!

Took them about 8 hours to pay out on a bet for me last weekend.It was a dead heat so I presume thats why it took so long but it shouldn't be anywhere near that length.

I dont use PP that much anymore,far better bookies out there than them.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 1:49am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Because the bet couldn't have won, theyve always treated that bet as one bet, always have had them
Voide

him playing affects what the score is also, had he played chances are good score would have been diff

Of course it could have won. If he scored and they won 1-0.

Or if he didn't play and they won 1-0 it would still be a winning bet.

This is an example of the punter not knowing how a bet is structured more than a bookie getting one over in the punter.

The lad backed a 66/1 shot and didn't even get the result part right never mind the scorer. Yet the bookie is at fault

Actually before you get off your high horse there chief i though i'd let you know i'm not a big gambler, hadn't got much on it and only did it on the back of a mate doing it plus the habit of Walters scoring recently against the big teams in the bigger games. I wasn't complaining about the score or anything of that sort, i was complaining about how the bet got transferred from 1 initial bet to another.

Just assumed, and obviously wrongly, that when it's offered as 1 combined bet, that when you bet on it and a part of the bet can't happen because the players on the bench but the team score that it's just voided. You are backing Walters to score and Stoke to win 1-0. He's not on the pitch therefore he cannot score nor can he affect the game. The bookies have essentially just taken the original money you put on and put it on a different bet at different odds to which i never picked. If i wanted to back 1-0 then i'd have backed just 1-0. If they'd won 1-0 with Walters on the pitch and he didn't score the bookies would have paid out but when someone else scores and he's not playing they shouldn't just be able to transfer the bet to something which is a lot shorter in odds, which is essentially what they've done.

You know the old saying "Chief" - don't assume, it makes an ass out of ...

In future you should probably know what the rules of gambling are before donating - then you won't have to vent on the internet about the big bag bookies not giving you your money back when your bet loses.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 9:21am
Still waiting for the bet to be settled, 16 hours later... handy when i'm tryna do my days betting
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 5:58pm
Bet goes to a correct score single in that instance and always has 👍🏽
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 6:01pm

Still waiting for the bet to be settled, 16 hours later... handy when i'm tryna do my days betting

What bet have they not paid out on ?

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 6:46pm
Finally got it after asking a third time

Was arsenal -1.5,-2, they won 3-1
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 7:06pm
Very surprised they took that long to correct that bet. Normally the premiership markets are stored straight away as the volume of people contacting them about it would be massive.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 11:02pm
Just checked my bank account there, paddy power haven't credited my account for my last 3 wins. The money seems to have being withdrawn but it's not made it as far as my account. f**kers owe me slightly over 830 sterling.

Edited by armahibee - 11 Feb 2017 at 11:02pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:24pm
There's a massive boycott from these lot... Possibly bigger than the one BetVictor had.

The image is too big to post so I don't know if I should but short story is a lad put £7000 on for Monaco to beat Dortmund and PP have a policy of instantly paying out once a team goes 2 goals ahead.

Instead of paying out they cancelled his bet. And as with BetVictor since they're refusing to honour the bet, alot of people are turning away and the abuse on their Twitter responses is there to see!

Edited by coyne - 20 Apr 2017 at 8:26pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:30pm
He had a second account with them though,which their rules don't allow, although it is coincidental that they only had a problem when he had a 7k bet on.
He also had 4k on Barcelona.

Edited by pre Madonna - 20 Apr 2017 at 8:31pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There's a massive boycott from these lot... Possibly bigger than the one BetVictor had.

The image is too big to post so I don't know if I should but short story is a lad put £7000 on for Monaco to beat Dortmund and PP have a policy of instantly paying out once a team goes 2 goals ahead.

Instead of paying out they cancelled his bet. And as with BetVictor since they're refusing to honour the bet, alot of people are turning away and the abuse on their Twitter responses is there to see!

He had 2 separate accounts and PP claim that's why his acc was closed and bet cancelled .

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He had a second account with them though,which their rules don't allow, although it is coincidental that they only had a problem when he had a 7k bet on.

They're also trying to say he had a deposit limit on... But they accepted the 7k and as you say they coincidentally cancelled it as soon as Monaco led by 2.

Feel like they should pay out is what my instincts are telling me, they accepted the bet in the end.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:38pm

They're also trying to say he had a deposit limit on... But they accepted the 7k and as you say they coincidentally cancelled it as soon as Monaco led by 2.

Feel like they should pay out is what my instincts are telling me, they accepted the bet in the end.
For their own sake they should pay out as they will lose more than 21k due to the publicity. They are the worst company of all to bet with though.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:41pm

For their own sake they should pay out as they will lose more than 21k due to the publicity. They are the worst company of all to bet with though.

Exactly. I dunno why people bet with them, they're brutal in plenty of respects
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Rarely use them either .Power of marketing has them so popular,I'd say most casual punters use PP without even bothering to look at alternatives .
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Rarely use them either .Power of marketing has them so popular,I'd say most casual punters use PP without even bothering to look at alternatives .
Who would be the best to bet with online?
Some people just deserve a slap
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:40pm
Rarely use PP myself these days. I use BET365 90% of the time.

I used PP during Cheltenham as they've better odds and each way terms on horses than BET365. BET365 generally has better odds on football and they've much better cash out options. The vast majority of my gambling is on football. Apart from Cheltneham I'd rarely bet horses, I'd occasionally bet on darts, snooker and tennis. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Rarely use PP myself these days. I use BET365 90% of the time.

I used PP during Cheltenham as they've better odds and each way terms on horses than BET365. BET365 generally has better odds on football and they've much better cash out options. The vast majority of my gambling is on football. Apart from Cheltneham I'd rarely bet horses, I'd occasionally bet on darts, snooker and tennis. 

This is especially true. Bet365 probably have one of, if not the best cash out system around. It's almost always available, and more often than not you get good value from what they offer. PP's cash out is a joke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
  Share Topic