You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 68>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 2:04pm
Dez has been an absolute dud for me
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
Mighty stuff out of Borussia against me this week. Had both QB's in the game last night. Guess which one he started.....
Dak --> 3 points
Rivers --> 28 points  

LOL

To be fair I'd have made the same call!

He got a total of 10 players from 4 players!

Edited by Shedite - 24 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Mighty stuff out of Borussia against me this week. Had both QB's in the game last night. Guess which one he started.....
Dak --> 3 points
Rivers --> 28 points  

LOL

Was away with work in India so saw none of the games - Woke up Friday morning, checked my phone and then nearly threw it against the wall !
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 1:05am
So this week is basically done, and it's tightening up at the top, with the standings after this week just about certain to be as follows:

AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 10-2 (and definitely qualified for the playoffs)
Don't give a Luck 8-4 (2-0)
Shedite's Silverados 8-4 (1-1)
The green wizards 8-4 (0-2)
The Night Trains 7-5 (2-1)
Borussia's Broncos 7-5 (1-1)
Super Marino 7-5 (1-2)
North Galway Tornadoes 5-7
Leeside Rebel Army 5-7
You Like That 5-7
Wrecked 2-10
Here so I don't get fined 0-12

It's a six way battle for the last three spots, with the 5-7 teams now out of contention. The green wizards have the other two 8-4 teams, so one or more of them is getting 5 defeats (possibly one losing twice, possibly ending up with a few 9-5 teams). The Night Trains problem is the 0-3 record against the teams who are 8-4, so if it comes to head to head, I'm likely done there. I'll need there to be in a clear top four. Broncos are 3-1 and Super Marino are 1-2 against those three 8-4 teams, so in a bit stronger position, depending on the exact make up of the head to head.

It'll be a lot clearer after next week, but I know I need to win two and need one of three teams above me to lose twice, or I'll be fecked. With the Wizards having the two other 8-4 teams, it's not that improbable, but we'll see. I'm still odds against. The fourth team in the playoffs will almost certainly be 9-5, but it's all going to depend on the head to head between the teams that end up 9-5.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm

Dak --> 3 points
Rivers --> 28 points  

LOL

Then Michael Crabtree gets kicked out for fighting when the game has barely started, Alvin Kamara scores 30 points, you score your lowest total of the season and Borussia beats you for the second time this season. Hubris.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 27 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Dak --> 3 points
Rivers --> 28 points  

LOL

Then Michael Crabtree gets kicked out for fighting when the game has barely started, Alvin Kamara scores 30 points, you score your lowest total of the season and Borussia beats you for the second time this season. Hubris.

Once more and I get to keep him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:52pm
You're playing me in week 14.

Uphill task to make the playoffs Wink
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm

Dak --> 3 points
Rivers --> 28 points  

LOL

Couldn't believe the crabtree thing - was watching it live!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
Yeah, I saw it on Redzone.

Which is, incidentally, the most caffeine fuelled brilliant mess of a show known to man.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:09pm
Crabtree
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 8:14pm
Fair play lads, 7 teams still involved in the playoff race with 2 weeks to go. Been a cracking season.

I play Green Wizards this week (both 8-4) both need the win to get to the playoffs.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:20am
SD's luck summed up this week, the 0-12 team somehow putting up 92 points from 5 players LOL Still had enough to beat him though.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:34am
The rankings after this week are likely to be the following:
AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 11-2
Don't Give A Luck 9-4
The Green Wizards 9-4
Shedite's Silverados 8-5
Borussia's Broncos 8-5
The Night Trains 8-5
Super Marino 7-6

Next week's fixtures include two important matchups when considering playoff scenarios:
Don't Give A Luck v The Green Wizards and Borussia's Broncos v The Night Trains.

So the standings after next week will be:
The Bills - top of the table and into the playoffs, no matter what happens.
The winner of Don't Give A Luck v The Green Wizards will be 10-4.
The loser of that matchup will be 9-5.
The winner of Borussia's Broncos v The Night Trains will also be 9-5.
If they win their game, Shedite's Silverados will also be 9-5.
Even if Super Marino win, they won't have a chance of making the playoffs on 8-6.

That brings us to the relevant head to heads:
If The Green Wizards, Shedite's Silverados and Borussia's Broncos win:
Don't Give A Luck (2-0, in), Borussia's Broncos (2-1, in), Shedite's Silverados (0-3, out) (2 spots).

If The Green Wizards, Shedite's Silverados and The Night Trains win:
Don't Give A Luck (2-0, in), Shedite's Silverados (1-1, in), The Night Trains (0-2, out) (2 spots).

If Don't Give A Luck, Shedite's Silverados and Borussia's Broncos win:
Borussia's Broncos (3-0, in), The Green Wizards (1-2, in), Shedite's Silverados (1-3, out) (2 spots).

If Don't Give A Luck, Shedite's Silverados and The Night Trains win:
The Green Wizards (2-1, in), Shedite's Silverados (2-1, in), The Night Trains (0-2, out) (0-2) (2 spots).

So what does all this mean for each team? It means the following:
AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow - locked in as number one seed.
Don't Give A Luck - they're into the playoffs already.
The Green Wizards - they're into the playoffs already.
Borussia's Broncos - if they win next week, they're into the playoffs.
Shedite's Silverados - if they win next week, they need the Night Trains to beat Borussia's Broncos, and they're in.
The Night Trains - if they win next week, they need the Silverados to lose, and they're in.

In short, I'm f**ked. Top scoring team by about 100 points and I'm almost certainly missing out. I'm relying on the 5-8 North Galway Tornadoes beating the Silverados.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Dec 2017 at 3:40am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 7:15am
Some monster scores on the board, my 98 only good enough for fifth best score of the weekend
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:55pm
Cheers for the summary SD.

Top scorer in the league and I need help to make the playoffs 
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:04pm

In short, I'm f**ked. Top scoring team by about 100 points and I'm almost certainly missing out. I'm relying on the 5-8 North Galway Tornadoes beating the Silverados.

Even in an awful season I still have relevance in the playoffs
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:58am
Even basic management from kilcruise and I'd be screwed

Mike Gillislee inactive and started but Matt Forte on the bench - 15.10 points
Pierre Garcon on injured reserve and started but AJ Green on the bench - 19.70 points (at half time!!)
Greg Zuerlein on the bench and no kicker in the team - 16 points

And no tight end. With those extra points (over 50), he'd be pushing 150 points for the week.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:20am
First night: Matt Ryan has NEGATIVE points after his first drive of the third quarter. Two inexplicable interceptions and one madly unlucky one.

Borussia has lost Alvin Kamara to a concussion in the first quarter - not that a concussion should be a positive, but I'll take it.

And the Silverados, who I need to lose, have got those interception points, courtesy of having the Saints defence.

Looking like the top scoring Night Trains are being derailed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 68>
  Share Topic