You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuart McCall in the Evening Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:04pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:05pm
I hope they boo it will only make them play better(mcgeady and mccarthy).
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Lads in all fairness I think taunting about the referendum is out of order.the vast majority of the TA would have voted yes and are devastated by the result. It's the egg chasers that wave the union flag with gusto apart from the ibrox brigade. Leave off. It's an open wound

For the 90+ minutes of that match, when McGeady and McCarthy (if playing) are getting not only booed but abused well then fcuk them to be honest. They won't be sensitive to our feelings and this isn't a mills and boon encounter so have the craic before and after whatever the result but the referendum shouldn't be any more off-limits than the expected abuse/booing of our players.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If I was Scottish I would be booing mc Geady and McCarthy also. Its only banter. Any Irish fans getting their knickers in a twist over it needs their head checked. Good friendly banter.   Think mccall will be right probably about 7000 Irish at the game I reckon.

The Scots will sing flower of Scotland no doubt.

I will be glad if they are both booed by the TA all game..... will give them both a massive boost and desire to shine
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:34pm

If I was Scottish I would be booing mc Geady and McCarthy also. Its only banter. Any Irish fans getting their knickers in a twist over it needs their head checked. Good friendly banter.   Think mccall will be right probably about 7000 Irish at the game I reckon.

I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist really. We're pre-empting the inevitable booing and discussing it along with our manager. My point is that we shouldn't be shy responding in kind about their country's rejection of independence. The fact that the TA are mostly yes voters makes it even better for banter purposes. Basically if they give it, they'll have to take it and I'm sure they'll take it as well as we will in regards to our booed players.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:52pm
Going to be difficult for some lads to keep their cool especially if there full and people sitting beside them are effing and blinding the 2 Macs. Imagine how some might react to a "f**k off McGeady, ya Judas Irish bastard"....And this will happen.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist really. We're pre-empting the inevitable booing and discussing it along with our manager. My point is that we shouldn't be shy responding in kind about their country's rejection of independence. The fact that the TA are mostly yes voters makes it even better for banter purposes. Basically if they give it, they'll have to take it and I'm sure they'll take it as well as we will in regards to our booed players.

Will you ever give over with the Scottish love in ffs. The Polish love in was cringy enough without this.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Going to be difficult for some lads to keep their cool especially if there full and people sitting beside them are effing and blinding the 2 Macs. Imagine how some might react to a "f**k off McGeady, ya Judas Irish bastard"....And this will happen.
I know if the words 'fenian bastard' popped up in my presence after a few pints that I wouldn't just smile politely at the culprit.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:34pm

Will you ever give over with the Scottish love in ffs. The Polish love in was cringy enough without this.

Huh?

Love in?! I'm saying the opposite.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:38pm

Huh?

Apologies, I misread your post.
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:43pm
Without being funny I doubt anyone would get offended at the Irish singing about the referendum, think we are all over the result and looking forward to the future now. I was in an extremely pissed off state right after it but after speaking to people (as I've mentioned my grandparents etc) I understand people's reasons for it. Singing about the referendum won't bother people, as I said on here I'm sure most Scots would just see it as 'poor' from you lot. What does it have to do with Ireland after all? Are you trying to take the moral high ground and say that you lot are better than us because you aren't in the United Kingdom or something? Don't really understand your point or why you would feel the need to sing about it.. Maybe that's just me. People on the TA board and on here predicting a love in, maybe before when everyone's in high spirits and friendly but after reading this forum I can sadly see the tension getting very high, wonder what will happen between fans if as has been said there's a few controversial moments on the park and with having a few thousand Irish in the home end.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:48pm

Huh?

Apologies, I misread your post.

I agree with your sentiment though. There'll be plenty of arse kissing and craic between the two sets of
fans before and after the game. If/when the Scots boo one or two of our players, hopefully we respond accordingly.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I know if the words 'fenian bastard' popped up in my presence after a few pints that I wouldn't just smile politely at the culprit.

what would you do.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:54pm

why would an irish fan care if a few scottish lads were effing and blinding the 2 macs.  Sure most irish fans have been effing and blinding Aiden McGeady for years as it is.   

If someone beside me said called McGeady a Judas bastard as you say, why would I get annoyed.  Sure the fan is only doing something that many fans would do.  

Is it our job to be gatekeepers of the Irish players or something. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:14pm

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

what would you do.  
 It has happened before at a couple of games in London, safe to say I stood up for myself.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Without being funny I doubt anyone would get offended at the Irish singing about the referendum, think we are all over the result and looking forward to the future now. I was in an extremely pissed off state right after it but after speaking to people (as I've mentioned my grandparents etc) I understand people's reasons for it. Singing about the referendum won't bother people, as I said on here I'm sure most Scots would just see it as 'poor' from you lot. What does it have to do with Ireland after all? Are you trying to take the moral high ground and say that you lot are better than us because you aren't in the United Kingdom or something? Don't really understand your point or why you would feel the need to sing about it.. Maybe that's just me. People on the TA board and on here predicting a love in, maybe before when everyone's in high spirits and friendly but after reading this forum I can sadly see the tension getting very high, wonder what will happen between fans if as has been said there's a few controversial moments on the park and with having a few thousand Irish in the home end.

When you say 'poor' do you mean poor form or a poor response to the 'banter' your fellow TAers will bestow upon our players?

Basically the very Scots that boo/abuse any of our players can't be getting all hot and bothered if our fans respond in kind about the referendum but I don't think that'll happen anyway. The Irish fans will probably try to counteract the boost/jeers with simply just chanting 'Aiden McGeady'.

The only trouble Lichtie will be from the minuscule knuckle dragging element of the supporters whether they're Irish or Scottish and it'll generally be because they're pissed. I'm sure it'll be a great night anyway. Wishh I was going.
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:32pm

When you say 'poor' do you mean poor form or a poor response to the 'banter' your fellow TAers will bestow upon our players?

Basically the very Scots that boo/abuse any of our players can't be getting all hot and bothered if our fans respond in kind about the referendum but I don't think that'll happen anyway. The Irish fans will probably try to counteract the boost/jeers with simply just chanting 'Aiden McGeady'.

The only trouble Lichtie will be from the minuscule knuckle dragging element of the supporters whether they're Irish or Scottish and it'll generally be because they're pissed. I'm sure it'll be a great night anyway. Wishh I was going.

Poor as in it has feck all to do with Ireland or a game of football. Unfortunately as you know we have the OF and a tiny stupid minority with their 'Irish politics' already. The Scotland fans have nothing to do with all that so you coming over harping on about politics will just be a bit poor.

Boo our players all you want though.

Also I can see there being bother unfortunately. Time will tell but tensions are high already with the paper talk going back and forth with the FAI and some Scotland people condoning the booing of the 2 Scots playing for you. Full day of drink, some of the crowds mixed, controversial decisions and overreactions in the crowd. Hmmmmm.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:44pm

Poor as in it has feck all to do with Ireland or a game of football. Unfortunately as you know we have the OF and a tiny stupid minority with their 'Irish politics' already. The Scotland fans have nothing to do with all that so you coming over harping on about politics will just be a bit poor.

Boo our players all you want though.

Also I can see there being bother unfortunately. Time will tell but tensions are high already with the paper talk going back and forth with the FAI and some Scotland people condoning the booing of the 2 Scots playing for you. Full day of drink, some of the crowds mixed, controversial decisions and overreactions in the crowd. Hmmmmm.

I won't be at it and to be honest I doubt our fans will actually chant about the referendum. We generally revert to type at away games with the usual chants. You should note that there are plenty of regular Irish football team fans that don't post on ybig or are even online so I don't think you should take ybig as a complete barometer of what will happen on Friday.

The TAMB and ybig sites are good for getting a general feeling from fans on a particular topic but any presumptions on here or on TAMB are just that at the end of the day.

I appreciate your concerns given the mixed crowd but again I generally think it'll be fine with sporadic incidents of fighting among gobsh*tes that don't represent the majority of either support. I always find especially at away games, if an Irish fan is acting the prick whether he's drunk or whatever, the other Irish fans tell him to cop himself on. I'm sure it's the same with the TA given your excellent reputation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic