Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50406
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stuart McCall in the Evening Times
Posted By: cliffrichard
Subject: Stuart McCall in the Evening Times
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:48pm
"McCall believes that having the vast majority of the 60,000-strong crowd firmly behind the home team will help enormously.

He explained: "We had a good win at Ibrox in our last match and played well.

"Now the lads are looking forward to playing at Celtic Park. The good thing is that we will have 95 per cent of the crowd behind us.

"The Irish will only have a little singing section of 3,000. They could get drowned out.

"I'm sure they will have other supporters dotted here and there around the ground but it doesn't really matter.

"It is an old cliché but the Tartan Army can definitely be a 12th man for us. It is going to be a full house and the majority of the 60,000 supporters will be backing us..

"This match is going to be something to really relish"

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/mccall-to-use-info-from-irish-boss-oneill-188079n.25838336" rel="nofollow - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/mccall-to-use-info-from-irish-boss-oneill-188079n.25838336

Replies:
Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:53pm
Poor lad is in for some shock on the night for sure LOL

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Eire93
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:57pm
I would love a picture of his face and Gordon McQueens face when the Fields of Anthry is belted around Park Head!

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:23pm
What's he smoking?

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
LOL

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:31pm
It would be interesting to know just how many Irish are going. Do we reckon 12,000 or so with 3000 in the away end?

Posted By: 1320Lichtie
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:13pm
Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL

In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Shango
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
He will only be proven wrong if the Irish are vocal in the home end and wear their colours. 
All the lads I know going are wary of wearing their colours. 
I think we need to encourage everyone on this forum to man up and wear the colours. 
Together we are stronger!!

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky

Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 

Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:48pm

Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 

Just as it should be and hopefully between the 2 sets of supporters we will create a great atmosphere.  The German supporters were very muted in Gelsenkirchen and the Georgians weren't much better in Tbilisi.  I'm looking forward to the atmosphere almost as much as the match.  The TA will give a great account of themselves and so will we.

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink

No doubt we will we well outnumbered but there will be a huge crowd of us there, a lot more away supporters than you are use to seeing in Scotland. You are still right though it will probably only be about 15% of the stadium. 

Yeah I look forward to Warsaw! (Hopefully by that stage we will be qualified haha)

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:39pm
The Scots can belt out Flower of Scotland. Actually better stick to the sound of music pish lads

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:44pm
Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:57pm
The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:58pm

The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...
LOL

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm

Ye agree. We will have about 7/8, 3,200 together and the rest drowned out.
Don't think McCall is far off. Hope he is

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

Why should I not sing it? I sung it 10 year ago when support for Indy was only 20 percent, why not now when its 45, surely its more relevant than ever now we are so close. I voted yes.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:01pm
Oh cowards of Scotland, you ll never get your chance again

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Poor

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Poor
Indeed. You probably always will be under the constant cycle of Tories and Labour

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: bossofthemoss
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
Fai have two blocks in 207 and 207 just across from 111 and 112. Should have a large % of that side of the ground.

Posted By: decky_c
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:14pm
The Scots are really talking us down both on and off the pitch. Now maybe McCall has a point, but it seems to me that they're setting themselves up for a fall. I sure hope so.

-------------
ATFC
Since 1887

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:15pm
The lisbon lions stand is gonna be all irish I reckon.

Posted By: Cookie Monster
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:00pm
Lads in all fairness I think taunting about the referendum is out of order.the vast majority of the TA would have voted yes and are devastated by the result. It's the egg chasers that wave the union flag with gusto apart from the ibrox brigade. Leave off. It's an open wound

-------------
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:11pm
I think a lot on here are vastly overestimating the size of our support Friday night. Hope I'm wrong

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Lads in all fairness I think taunting about the referendum is out of order.the vast majority of the TA would have voted yes and are devastated by the result. It's the egg chasers that wave the union flag with gusto apart from the ibrox brigade. Leave off. It's an open wound

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:20pm
Surprised no one has posted this up yet

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: ABFC
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

I think a lot on here are vastly overestimating the size of our support Friday night. Hope I'm wrong

+1

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:27pm
Whorebag McQueen urging Scots to boo McGeady and McCarthy (if he starts). Gonna be some amount of emotions swirling around those two lads all night. Would help somewhat if the boos were counter-acted and responded to with cheers everytime those two lads went even remotely near the football Clap  

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:42pm
The two lads will be supported whole heartedly by everyone in green that night, no doubts about that.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Whorebag McQueen urging Scots to boo McGeady and McCarthy (if he starts). Gonna be some amount of emotions swirling around those two lads all night. Would help somewhat if the boos were counter-acted and responded to with cheers everytime those two lads went even remotely near the football Clap  
McGeady is well used to it. Used to always play better for Celtic when he got abused, be the same Friday

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:50pm

Oh you should see the referendum thread. The Samaratans should have been called

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:55pm
If I was Scottish I would be booing mc Geady and McCarthy also. Its only banter. Any Irish fans getting their knickers in a twist over it needs their head checked. Good friendly banter.   Think mccall will be right probably about 7000 Irish at the game I reckon.

The Scots will sing flower of Scotland no doubt.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Are them the lads hanging out at The Sea of Galilee or down near The Boardwalk?? 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Are them the lads hanging out at The Sea of Galilee or down near The Boardwalk?? 

For some reason this piece of genius seems apt  http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOIVB3DdRgqU&ei=3mpiVKe-Ca2S7Aal4oDIDg&usg=AFQjCNG7h1-axj2zfcgWfpHTKK0W9Feveg&sig2=4hcfB5VjSiwvDfj4mM4bQA&bvm=bv.79189006,d.ZGU" rel="nofollow - http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOIVB3DdRgqU&ei=3mpiVKe-Ca2S7Aal4oDIDg&usg=AFQjCNG7h1-axj2zfcgWfpHTKK0W9Feveg&sig2=4hcfB5VjSiwvDfj4mM4bQA&bvm=bv.79189006,d.ZGU

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:04pm
LOL

Posted By: dubstep
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:05pm
I hope they boo it will only make them play better(mcgeady and mccarthy).

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

For the 90+ minutes of that match, when McGeady and McCarthy (if playing) are getting not only booed but abused well then fcuk them to be honest. They won't be sensitive to our feelings and this isn't a mills and boon encounter so have the craic before and after whatever the result but the referendum shouldn't be any more off-limits than the expected abuse/booing of our players.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If I was Scottish I would be booing mc Geady and McCarthy also. Its only banter. Any Irish fans getting their knickers in a twist over it needs their head checked. Good friendly banter.   Think mccall will be right probably about 7000 Irish at the game I reckon.

I will be glad if they are both booed by the TA all game..... will give them both a massive boost and desire to shine

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:34pm

I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist really. We're pre-empting the inevitable booing and discussing it along with our manager. My point is that we shouldn't be shy responding in kind about their country's rejection of independence. The fact that the TA are mostly yes voters makes it even better for banter purposes. Basically if they give it, they'll have to take it and I'm sure they'll take it as well as we will in regards to our booed players.

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:52pm
Going to be difficult for some lads to keep their cool especially if there full and people sitting beside them are effing and blinding the 2 Macs. Imagine how some might react to a "f**k off McGeady, ya Judas Irish bastard"....And this will happen.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist really. We're pre-empting the inevitable booing and discussing it along with our manager. My point is that we shouldn't be shy responding in kind about their country's rejection of independence. The fact that the TA are mostly yes voters makes it even better for banter purposes. Basically if they give it, they'll have to take it and I'm sure they'll take it as well as we will in regards to our booed players.

Will you ever give over with the Scottish love in ffs. The Polish love in was cringy enough without this.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Going to be difficult for some lads to keep their cool especially if there full and people sitting beside them are effing and blinding the 2 Macs. Imagine how some might react to a "f**k off McGeady, ya Judas Irish bastard"....And this will happen.
I know if the words 'fenian bastard' popped up in my presence after a few pints that I wouldn't just smile politely at the culprit.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:34pm

Will you ever give over with the Scottish love in ffs. The Polish love in was cringy enough without this.

Huh?

Love in?! I'm saying the opposite.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:38pm

Huh?

Apologies, I misread your post.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:43pm
Without being funny I doubt anyone would get offended at the Irish singing about the referendum, think we are all over the result and looking forward to the future now. I was in an extremely pissed off state right after it but after speaking to people (as I've mentioned my grandparents etc) I understand people's reasons for it. Singing about the referendum won't bother people, as I said on here I'm sure most Scots would just see it as 'poor' from you lot. What does it have to do with Ireland after all? Are you trying to take the moral high ground and say that you lot are better than us because you aren't in the United Kingdom or something? Don't really understand your point or why you would feel the need to sing about it.. Maybe that's just me. People on the TA board and on here predicting a love in, maybe before when everyone's in high spirits and friendly but after reading this forum I can sadly see the tension getting very high, wonder what will happen between fans if as has been said there's a few controversial moments on the park and with having a few thousand Irish in the home end.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:48pm

Huh?

Apologies, I misread your post.

I agree with your sentiment though. There'll be plenty of arse kissing and craic between the two sets of
fans before and after the game. If/when the Scots boo one or two of our players, hopefully we respond accordingly.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I know if the words 'fenian bastard' popped up in my presence after a few pints that I wouldn't just smile politely at the culprit.

what would you do.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 9:54pm

why would an irish fan care if a few scottish lads were effing and blinding the 2 macs.  Sure most irish fans have been effing and blinding Aiden McGeady for years as it is.   

If someone beside me said called McGeady a Judas bastard as you say, why would I get annoyed.  Sure the fan is only doing something that many fans would do.  

Is it our job to be gatekeepers of the Irish players or something. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:14pm

what would you do.  
 It has happened before at a couple of games in London, safe to say I stood up for myself.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:26pm

Without being funny I doubt anyone would get offended at the Irish singing about the referendum, think we are all over the result and looking forward to the future now. I was in an extremely pissed off state right after it but after speaking to people (as I've mentioned my grandparents etc) I understand people's reasons for it. Singing about the referendum won't bother people, as I said on here I'm sure most Scots would just see it as 'poor' from you lot. What does it have to do with Ireland after all? Are you trying to take the moral high ground and say that you lot are better than us because you aren't in the United Kingdom or something? Don't really understand your point or why you would feel the need to sing about it.. Maybe that's just me. People on the TA board and on here predicting a love in, maybe before when everyone's in high spirits and friendly but after reading this forum I can sadly see the tension getting very high, wonder what will happen between fans if as has been said there's a few controversial moments on the park and with having a few thousand Irish in the home end.

When you say 'poor' do you mean poor form or a poor response to the 'banter' your fellow TAers will bestow upon our players?

Basically the very Scots that boo/abuse any of our players can't be getting all hot and bothered if our fans respond in kind about the referendum but I don't think that'll happen anyway. The Irish fans will probably try to counteract the boost/jeers with simply just chanting 'Aiden McGeady'.

The only trouble Lichtie will be from the minuscule knuckle dragging element of the supporters whether they're Irish or Scottish and it'll generally be because they're pissed. I'm sure it'll be a great night anyway. Wishh I was going.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:32pm

When you say 'poor' do you mean poor form or a poor response to the 'banter' your fellow TAers will bestow upon our players?

Basically the very Scots that boo/abuse any of our players can't be getting all hot and bothered if our fans respond in kind about the referendum but I don't think that'll happen anyway. The Irish fans will probably try to counteract the boost/jeers with simply just chanting 'Aiden McGeady'.

The only trouble Lichtie will be from the minuscule knuckle dragging element of the supporters whether they're Irish or Scottish and it'll generally be because they're pissed. I'm sure it'll be a great night anyway. Wishh I was going.

Poor as in it has feck all to do with Ireland or a game of football. Unfortunately as you know we have the OF and a tiny stupid minority with their 'Irish politics' already. The Scotland fans have nothing to do with all that so you coming over harping on about politics will just be a bit poor.

Boo our players all you want though.

Also I can see there being bother unfortunately. Time will tell but tensions are high already with the paper talk going back and forth with the FAI and some Scotland people condoning the booing of the 2 Scots playing for you. Full day of drink, some of the crowds mixed, controversial decisions and overreactions in the crowd. Hmmmmm.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:44pm

Poor as in it has feck all to do with Ireland or a game of football. Unfortunately as you know we have the OF and a tiny stupid minority with their 'Irish politics' already. The Scotland fans have nothing to do with all that so you coming over harping on about politics will just be a bit poor.

Boo our players all you want though.

Also I can see there being bother unfortunately. Time will tell but tensions are high already with the paper talk going back and forth with the FAI and some Scotland people condoning the booing of the 2 Scots playing for you. Full day of drink, some of the crowds mixed, controversial decisions and overreactions in the crowd. Hmmmmm.

I won't be at it and to be honest I doubt our fans will actually chant about the referendum. We generally revert to type at away games with the usual chants. You should note that there are plenty of regular Irish football team fans that don't post on ybig or are even online so I don't think you should take ybig as a complete barometer of what will happen on Friday.

The TAMB and ybig sites are good for getting a general feeling from fans on a particular topic but any presumptions on here or on TAMB are just that at the end of the day.

I appreciate your concerns given the mixed crowd but again I generally think it'll be fine with sporadic incidents of fighting among gobsh*tes that don't represent the majority of either support. I always find especially at away games, if an Irish fan is acting the prick whether he's drunk or whatever, the other Irish fans tell him to cop himself on. I'm sure it's the same with the TA given your excellent reputation.

-------------

Posted By: Mr Stupid
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:16pm
There aren't 2 Scots playing for us

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:12am

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">why would an irish fan care if a few scottish lads were effing and blinding the 2 macs.  Sure most irish fans have been effing and blinding Aiden McGeady for years as it is.   </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">If someone beside me said called McGeady a Judas bastard as you say, why would I get annoyed.  Sure the fan is only doing something that many fans would do.  </span>
</span>
Is it our job to be gatekeepers of the Irish players or something. 
Agreed, but imagine if the irish supporter is a glaswegian and takes the insults as a personal slight. I don't think there will be much trouble in CP, but at 2am in Sauchiehill Street, sin sceal eile.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:25am
I really hope there's no singing about the referendum result, not exactly original and as funny as TB.

Lichtie, I don't share your concerns about any potential trouble, both sets of fans will roar and sing (and boo, we're big boys we can take it when Aiden and James get pelters) their team on.

Our CEO however has done his best to fan a flame when the fire hasn't even been poxy lit with his comments about the SFA today and a couple of weeks ago, he has a fooking nerve.  His views are not shared by ANY Irish fan travelling to Glasgow in the next couple of days.

I'd estimate we'll have 7,000 give or take in the crowd, we'll make noise, but so will the Scots unless our team plays well enough to quieten the TA.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:43am
Craic to be had for the next couple of days, loads of singing and friendly abuse, Knuckle draggers will be present (as always on easy trips), but surely will be dealt with accordingly.Wear your colours with pride and stop reading and listening about DRAMA!
ybig.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 7:29am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I really hope there's no singing about the referendum result, not exactly original and as funny as TB.

I disagree. It's a cheap shot, granted, but it's one they have no reply to.
Presuming McGeady and McCarthy are going to be given dogs abuse and with high profile ex players in the media actively encouraging it, I reckon the gloves are off.

Also the fact as said earlier that most in the stadium would have voted Yes is all the better.

All together now:
"What's it like to have a queen, what's it like to have a queen"

**Replaced by "are you watching Gordon McQueen"
when mcgeady bangs in the winner

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Presuming McGeady and McCarthy are going to be given dogs abuse and with high profile ex players in the media actively encouraging it, I reckon the gloves are off.

Also the fact as said earlier that most in the stadium would have voted Yes is all the better.

All together now:

Feck off will ye . The crowd are gonna get on the two lads backs given the circumstances. That's football . If they want to shut them up all the have to do is play well.

Leave the politics at home .

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 7:48am
It's banter, not politics.

Same as the mac booing.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 8:07am
Yep .

An independence referendum has nothing to do with politics. The fact that there are people this ignorant in our support makes me think there will be some sort of trouble at this game.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 8:14am
Have been going to matches for over thirty years my man in three continents and never been involved in a spot of bother.

In that time have enjoyed plenty of ribbing with the oppositions supporters and seen and listened to plenty of bed wetters like yourself in that period too.

Enjoy the game

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 8:16am
Jog on bud .

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:55am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Jog on bud .

Anyone who says jog on can f**k off

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:59am

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 10:41am

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Jog on bud .

Anyone who says jog on can f**k off
Tell your story walking ........

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 10:49am

All together now:

Bit rich when 12 of your squad were born British. LOL

Posted By: decky_c
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 11:07am

All together now:

To be fair, Gordon McQueen came out with the richest of quotes with the whole Rioch thing. The Knob.

Who gives a toss where they were born, they qualify to play for Ireland under FIFA rules, end of. If Scotland had the opportunity to get better players on board through the rule, they'd do it too. WGS was after David McGoldrick too ffs.

-------------
ATFC
Since 1887

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 11:11am

All together now:

Bit rich when 12 of your squad were born British. LOLtitle="LOL" />

Are all your squad British born bar Maloney?

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:21pm
I be honest if any irish fan was around me and started chanting about the referendum they be kindly told to shut up. Delaney and co have been creating an air of tension last few weeks and last thing we need is irish fans throwing fuel onto that fire

Any irish fan who is shocked McGeady and McCarthy are going to get booed must be living in dreamland. They are big boys are well able to cope with it I'm sure if you ask Aidan it's not a patch on things he experienced playing in Russia. We really do have a bunch of very sensitive people if a bit of booing and jeering upsets you.

If the shoe was on the other foot the exact same comments about giving a bad reception etc would be coming from the irish support

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:23pm
Will Naismith be booed by the Irish faithful as an ex Rangers player?

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Nobody cares since they died

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:28pm

220 pages of a thread on the ROW section suggests otherwise 

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:31pm

220 pages of a thread on the ROW section suggests otherwise 
That is a separate  club and issue and Naismith never played for them.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:34pm
Sure the title of that very popular thread is "Remember Rangers, they liquidated and don't exist"
Thats the club Naismith played for, the club that liquidated. 

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:36pm

All together now:

As are some of my siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles. And all proud Irishmen and women.
Next you'll be telling me they should come home due to an upturn in vegetable production...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:37pm

Sure the title of that very popular thread is "Remember Rangers, they liquidated and don't exist"

Indeed. Some people find their attempts at reforming amusing. If you want a similar comparison try the 211 pages in the random images thread. A light- hearted distraction

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:42pm

Indeed. Some people find their attempts at reforming amusing. If you want a similar comparison try the 211 pages in the random images thread. A light- hearted distraction

Na i'm not after a similar comparison thanks

Just asking will Naismith be booed

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:54pm
I'll be booing him.

He hasn't scored since I brought him in to my fantasy team.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:06pm

Na i'm not after a similar comparison thanks

Just asking will Naismith be booed
Just showing the irrelevance of basing things on a forum thread's popularityThumbs Up

I think not

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'll be booing him.

He hasn't scored since I brought him in to my fantasy team.

LOL

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:47pm
I'll be booing Celtic players if they earn it, fook Naismith.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net