Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:07pm
Delaney was also questioned publicly on aspects of report.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:18pm

Genesis was the Vehicle that Delaney made his grab for power after he had manoeuvred himself into position as Treasurer and used people within the senior Council to do his dirty work for him by removing Bernard O'Byrne and then shafting those very people who helped him in the wake of Gensis.

The funny thing is that the two most important parts of Genesis were the make up of the Mgmt. Board with 2 Independent members with proper Corporate Governance and transparent financial Management.

This area of the report has been totally ignored for the 12 years of JD's Reign where he has been paid €6m in Salary alone never mind expenses etc..

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:40pm
since genesis

Of the 10 board members
  • 5 have served for 13 years
  • 1 for 12 years
  • 1 for 11 years
  • 1 for 9 years
best practice the maximum should be 4 years 

Bare in mind the age limit was raised during this period so that people could stay on even longer on the board

Edited by Citizen - 03 Feb 2017 at 4:41pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:42pm
And will be raised again in the near future no doubt
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

i've read the report, i cant find anything in it that shows where  there should be time limits of officers, or how change should be implemented.  It does recommend ground sharing for LOI clubs to improve facilities,and a 10 team premier division and two regional divisions below that, but again no detail on where funding was to be got.

Genesis IMO was a waste of money, as it didn't produce any worthwhile improvements with an actual way of financing same.

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I couldnt be arsed reading it yet but I will say that if they dont suggest a change of Directors after 16 years they should be hung drawn and quartered

If theres nothing in it saying that a CEO shouldnt be an officer for more than 16 years fair dues

GF, no you haven't read it, and if Pipkin decides he is arsed reading it, well, he can't do that either, as the full report was never made public. Due to our old friend ''legal reasons'' if yer asking. 

You have also repeated your statements about shortcomings in the Genesis report as regards them not proposing how to finance greater links between LOI clubs & junior clubs. As I have already said, I am fairly sure this was not in their remit.  They merely looked at this aspect of Irish football, this was only a single aspect of it in a root & branch review, and made a suggestion that they thought would improve the overall standing & standard of Irish football. 

As a suggestion, it makes a lot of sense, as it would potentially enable a pyramid type structure with local LOI clubs being at the top of that pyramid, stronger LOI clubs, meaning they can issue long term contracts for good players, those good players then don't get sold to the UK for a pittance like Coleman, Doyle, Daryl Murphy etc, and the club can invest some of those profits back into the wider football community. That aspect could actually be decreed if necessary, much like a selling on clause in a contract. 

How you can call what seems an eminently sensible suggestion a ''waste of time'' is beyond me, it is surely a more pertinent point as to why the FAI have not even got as far as mentioning the issue, never mind even forming a committee of stakeholders to examine the possibilities, never mind actually implementing it. 

Had they implemented that 15 years ago, I don't think funding would be too much of an issue today, as the LOI would likely have become somewhat self sustaining at this stage, through player sales alone, rather than the likes of Dundalk's exploits in Europe, which the FAI memorably '' created the atmosphere'' for, and I'm sure every Dundalk fan thanks them daily for that. 

Can't call it a waste of money either, as their ideas have largely not been implemented, had they been, they might have failed anyway and we could definitively call Genesis a waste of time & money, but seeing as they haven't implemented most of the report, nobody can say that with any degree of certainty. 

By the way, the Genesis report did call for board reform, did call for independent, outside directors to be on said board (at least 2 of them) and there was something about setting term limits on the board as well in accordance with best corporate practice, those are/were leaked details at the time, and a subject Catherine Murphy spoke on (also in relation to the OCI) in the committee meeting clip above. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:17pm
I see the UK Parliament are having a debate and Vote of No Confidence on the FA and how they run the organisation

If only.......
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

since genesis

Of the 10 board members
  • 5 have served for 13 years
  • 1 for 12 years
  • 1 for 11 years
  • 1 for 9 years
best practice the maximum should be 4 years 

Bare in mind the age limit was raised during this period so that people could stay on even longer on the board

Scary really when you see it written down
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 2:13am

Edited by Hickster74 - 04 Feb 2017 at 10:02am
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Yep i have to agree with that Hicks Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 12:52pm
Fai and officer board is all about jobs for jd's henchmen , free jollies abroad and expenses which are approved by the officer board members and are never made public.

Donald trump probably used them as a template for his own staff.

Edited by gufct - 04 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Yep i have to agree with that Hicks Big smile

Twas genius
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Worth listening to the Second Captains podcast with Emmet Malone following JD's appearance before the Oireachtas. Shows up those committees for what they are worth, complete f*** all use. 

Ross is a complete spoofer. 

Yea remember listing to it at the time JD couldn't believe how lucky he got . Sure one of the questions was what do you think of the new word cup format
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:27pm
Looks like staff at FAI aren't very happy about pay. Didn't Delaney say at that recent hearing that they felt privileged to work for the Association?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:29pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
No problem with Pay for the Dear Leader though

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Feb 2017 at 12:57pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:13pm
They're a joke of an organisation. I wish something would go drastically wrong so we could have an overhaul but it'll never happen
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:48pm
Yurt, not the full 2002 Genesis report but a summary presentation is available online via google and the Bray Wanderers website. Mostly a review of the 2002 World Cup, but it's quite clear that the report suggested significant changes to the Board of Management (Slide #29). 

Entire thing is worth reading

http://www.braywanderers.com/texts/genesis.ppt

Edited by cliffrichard - 07 Feb 2017 at 2:48pm
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:30am

Side note here on Kerr and Delaney

Brian Kerr will never work under John Delaney.

John Delaney despises Kerr whihc is a shame but unfortunately he pulls the strings and hands out the contracts.

Dont know why he detests him. I just know it for a fact.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 539>
  Share Topic