Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50322
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The disgraced John Delaney
Posted By: Pipkin
Subject: The disgraced John Delaney
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:13pm
Firstly, I am in no way representing YBIG or anything else.

I want to get a list together of JOHN DELANEY and the FAI’s lies and mistruths in recent times surrounding Irish games. I'll update this list

To start:

• ·         Andorra – there is no general admission tickets going on sale, don’t travel to Andorra. Lies
  • ·         John Delaney saying he wants to appoint a fans liaison officer after this game to ensure ticket gate doesn’t happen again – there already is an FLO in place and other people have been rejected by the FAI to take up this role
  • ·         The Chief Security Officer and Commercial and Marketing Director both promising fans in Georgia they would get tickets whom were subsequently declined
  • ·         John Delaney saying you would need the wisdom of Solomon to distribute tickets despite YBIG offering a transparent scheme
  • ·         John Delaney saying that he tried to get YBIG to become a supporters club but not actually outlining the bare fact that supporters clubs were allocated tickets in priority to any other supporters
  • ·         John Delaney saying he doesn’t get a personal allocation. Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated
  • ·         John Delaney not acknowledging the fact that Scotland gave us 5% or what is required by UEFA regulations
  • John Delaney saying Trap would be gone after the Faroes away match. Instead, he was allowed oversee another disastrous 11 months 
  • John Delaney saying that the FAI system of giving preference to Supporters Clubs is used by all the top clubs

I’m sure I’ve left plenty out here but can people add to the list. This is worse than anything they did with tickets. If they could at least admit to some of their lies it might have actually helped them.

By the way, I don’t expect members of supporters clubs to contribute to this thread. Unsurprisingly..

Replies:
Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
Clap

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:26pm
Said he'd get the next round of Jagers in Poznan and didn't. Thumbs Down

True story.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: irelandshirts
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:39pm
Re The Fan Liaison Officer I took that to mean that the FAI would appoint one of their staff to be the FAI Fans Liaison Officer for fans who didn't want to join a SC but still remain an independent away travelling fan?

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:01pm
World Class Manager !!!

Posted By: Junior
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

By the way, I don’t expect members of supporters clubs to contribute to this thread. Unsurprisingly..

Why would that be the case?

Some of the supporters clubs and their members have been around and travelling to games longer than you have been on this earth (I would imagine) Sure didn't the London RISSC celebrate their 30th anniversary only recently with 100's of fans regular home and away travellers for as long as I can remember. The Dublin RISSC too been around since at least Italy 90 maybe longer. They know the FAI and all its failings only too well and would be in a great position to add to this list should they want to (although I have to say I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve with it?).

There seems to be some kind of undertone (not by all posters I might add) on this forum that seem to think the independent YBIG'ER fan is in some way more worthy than the Supporter Club member - which is absolute nonsense.

Others have posted it here too but the failings are with the FAI, not the fans be they independent or members of supporters clubs.

By the way, I have been both member of a supporter club and an independent supporter and it has not changed one thing in terms of the way I support my country or the views I hold on the FAI or JD.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Why would that be the case?

Some of the supporters clubs and their members have been around and travelling to games longer than you have been on this earth (I would imagine) Sure didn't the London RISSC celebrate their 30th anniversary only recently with 100's of fans regular home and away travellers for as long as I can remember. The Dublin RISSC too been around since at least Italy 90 maybe longer. They know the FAI and all its failings only too well and would be in a great position to add to this list should they want to (although I have to say I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve with it?).

There seems to be some kind of undertone (not by all posters I might add) on this forum that seem to think the independent YBIG'ER fan is in some way more worthy than the Supporter Club member - which is absolute nonsense.

Others have posted it here too but the failings are with the FAI, not the fans be they independent or members of supporters clubs.

By the way, I have been both member of a supporter club and an independent supporter and it has not changed one thing in terms of the way I support my country or the views I hold on the FAI or JD.

Because many members of these clubs have been extremely quiet in the past week. Indeed it seems that some have been gagged. I didnt bother reading the rest of your post because no doubt you think I have a problem with SCs. That is not the case. 

I have a problem that some members of SCs are not standing in solidarity with the rest of the support that they stand with at away games.

Dont let this thread go down that route. It is only my opinion and it is very evident on here that SCs members have been quiet

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:46pm
The Dublin ROISSC is going since 83/84.
Remember meeting Eoin Hand at one the meetings when he was manager.

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:46pm
I have no love for Delaney either, but what exactly are you hoping to achieve with this list, Kerrzy? 

And how do you know members of supporters' clubs have been keeping quiet?  I wasn't aware you had to declare membership when posting here.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

I have no love for Delaney either, but what exactly are you hoping to achieve with this list, Kerrzy? 

And how do you know members of supporters' clubs have been keeping quiet?  I wasn't aware you had to declare membership when posting here.

Firstly, why dont you ask that of every thread in this section? Secondly, nothing in particular. Just to remind fans of what a crooked f**ker he is.

You dont have to declare your membership. You are a member of a SC. Well done. 

I know of a number of posters that are members and their silence is deafening over this. 

I also know that all queries to Supporters Clubs over tickets for Scotland are being redirected to Gerry Reardon of the FAI. It appears to me that some are in cahoots with the FAI over this. I could be wrong and if I am I hope I will be proven wrong. No doubt I will be inundated with PMs from willing SCs to detail all about Scotland tickets...

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:59pm
Deary me..............

'gagged'

'standing in solidarity'

I'm not sure how many supporters club members post on this forum, do you know? is there a flag or a tag? No, I dont think there is. Is it because they were part of the 'lucky' 1,700 to get an official ticket for a game that still has tickets on sale today and are readily available and will have circa 8k-10k Irish in all other sections of the ground?

You couldn't be ar$ed to read my post (it was only a handful of sentences - not that difficult) because you don't want it steered off what path exactly? 

Were you standing in solidarity with the fans stuck outside Andorra when you managed to nab a ticket from JD's back pocket - effectively benefitting from the FAI's lack of a transparent ticket distribution process? Do me a favour..........

If you are serious about your 'list', Supporters Club members should be encouraged to add to it not snidely excluded.

Its the FAI at fault for the ticket distribution system in place (or not in place) - That's where the focus should be. You say you don't have any issue with SC's whilst in the same breath are saying they (or some of them) are in cahoots with the FAI - Why would anyone from a SC's committee bother their hole sending you a PM on this or any other matter?

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:01pm
The deafening silence from sc's to make known their allocation's is a very telling sign of where they stand in relation to this and in relation to their "fellow" forgotten fans

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:04pm
I have to laugh at all these people coming out with lists and problems from incidents that weren't a problem before this ticketing incident, like an incident with Trap pushing two years ago. I think we all accept there were problems and mistakes with this ticketing fiasco and that needs to be addressed, but the whole issue is lost when other unrelated stuff is brought up, these same issues weren't a problem two weeks back or when fans were drinking with Delaney at whatever away day

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:07pm
Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.....

(Thought this thread deserves it's own soundtrack)

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:07pm

Deary me..............

'gagged'

'standing in solidarity'
Refer "I also know that all queries to Supporters Clubs over tickets for Scotland are being redirected to Gerry Reardon of the FAI. It appears to me that some are in cahoots with the FAI over this. I could be wrong and if I am I hope I will be proven wrong. No doubt I will be inundated with PMs from willing SCs to detail all about Scotland tickets..."
I'm not sure how many supporters club members post on this forum, do you know? is there a flag or a tag? No, I dont think there is. Is it because they were part of the 'lucky' 1,700 to get an official ticket for a game that still has tickets on sale today and are readily available and will have circa 8k-10k Irish in all other sections of the ground?
I know of SC members on this forum from posts in the past. You dont have to have an IQ of 1,000 baby
You couldn't be ar$ed to read my post (it was only a handful of sentences - not that difficult) because you don't want it steered off what path exactly?
You are sounding like you have a problem with something I said? What is your problem. JD was invited over to the London SC 30th anniversary a few weeks ago so I doubt members would be advised to outline the lies he has made..

Were you standing in solidarity with the fans stuck outside Andorra when you managed to nab a ticket from JD's back pocket - effectively benefitting from the FAI's lack of a transparent ticket distribution process? Do me a favour..........
No I wasn't as there was nobody outside the ground at kick offConfused

Big difference that day. There were only 120 tickets and whilst they weren't allocated 100% correctly, they were distributed a lot fairer than this time. Did London ROISSC not sort you that day? 
If you are serious about your 'list', Supporters Club members should be encouraged to add to it not snidely excluded.
What's snide about it? I just said I dont expect to hear form them. Mainly because all queries are being redirected to an FAI employee.
Its the FAI at fault for the ticket distribution system in place (or not in place) - That's where the focus should be. You say you don't have any issue with SC's whilst in the same breath are saying they (or some of them) are in cahoots with the FAI - Why would anyone from a SC's committee bother their hole sending you a PM on this or any other matter?
Why wont they talk. Why are they redirecting queries to an FAI employee???

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I have to laugh at all these people coming out with lists and problems from incidents that weren't a problem before this ticketing incident, like an incident with Trap pushing two years ago. I think we all accept there were problems and mistakes with this ticketing fiasco and that needs to be addressed, but the whole issue is lost when other unrelated stuff is brought up, these same issues weren't a problem two weeks back or when fans were drinking with Delaney at whatever away day

It certainly was a problem when he was telling supporters in Torshavn that he was about to give Trap the boot. It was a huge problem that ensured that Brazil this year was out of the question.

There are plenty of threads for you to complain about tickets. This is a lot broader.

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:18pm

It certainly was a problem when he was telling supporters in Torshavn that he was about to give Trap the boot. It was a huge problem that ensured that Brazil this year was out of the question.

There are plenty of threads for you to complain about tickets. This is a lot broader.

Why wasn't this thread started prior to the ticket fiasco so? Smacks of sour grapes to me, with you taking the hump over missing out on a ticket and seeing an opportunity to jump on the anti Delaney bandwagon.

It is quite clearly being linked to these tickets by yourself, which is not the way to go about this if you really do want reform

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:21pm

Why wasn't this thread started prior to the ticket fiasco so? Smacks of sour grapes to me, with you taking the hump over missing out on a ticket and seeing an opportunity to jump on the anti Delaney bandwagon.

It is quite clearly being linked to these tickets by yourself, which is not the way to go about this if you really do want reform

Firstly, I got a ticket directly from the FAIEmbarrassed

Secondly, I made my feelings quite clear on this forum 2 years ago about what happened in Torshavn.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:31pm
I'm not a member of the London ROISSC nor have I ever been. So, I never really expect a ticket from them. Should I? If only I knew that....

My only problem with what you have said is that despite saying you don't have a problem with SC's - Your posts in this thread alone clearly suggest you do! Like I say 100's of supporter club members who have travelled home and away for years and years, getting tickets from the FAI (and outwith) during this time are all of a sudden going to stop talking because they happened to get their requested allocation for a match? A match that actually still has a lot of tickets available on general sale?

So you think that because JD was over at the 30th Anniversary Dance - Members have since been advised not to sl*g off JD or the FAI? particularly not on an internet forum with a few hundred posters under a silly username because.......oooohh I don't know the consequences could be devastating and everlasting to future ticket allocations??? 

Do you not that think that reads a little melodramatic?

What queries and from whom are the Supporters Clubs getting that have been redirected to an FAI employee? Are they from you, the papers?  What is the question(s) being asked?

Listen, I'll leave you to gather your little list of JD's lies such as 'why JD told you he would sack someone and then he never did it'  and you can add them to your conspiracy theories and hopefully it will leave you contented......

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:31pm
Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated.

Is the above not the reason why YBIG have been calling for a Fair and Transperent System?

I think the word oxyMORON comes to mind

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:32pm
150 tickets at €160 a pop been given to fans = that's €24,000.

Dundalk won the league last week. Total prize money only €100,000

And he has just signed a new salary at €360,000 per year.

The FAI are haven't a fuking clue what they are at. LOI fans have seen past Delaney's bullsh1t years ago. National team fans seem to be doing the same lately.

Its disgusting and has put me off going to matches a long time ago. 

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated.

Is the above not the reason why YBIG have been calling for a Fair and Transperent System?

I think the word oxyMORON comes to mind

Yes and that's why the system was brought to the FAI in the wake of the Andorra, Slovakia and Estonia matches

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:36pm

I'm not a member of the London ROISSC nor have I ever been. So, I never really expect a ticket from them. Should I? If only I knew that....

My only problem with what you have said is that despite saying you don't have a problem with SC's - Your posts in this thread alone clearly suggest you do! Like I say 100's of supporter club members who have travelled home and away for years and years, getting tickets from the FAI (and outwith) during this time are all of a sudden going to stop talking because they happened to get their requested allocation for a match? A match that actually still has a lot of tickets available on general sale?

So you think that because JD was over at the 30th Anniversary Dance - Members have since been advised not to sl*g off JD or the FAI? particularly not on an internet forum with a few hundred posters under a silly username because.......oooohh I don't know the consequences could be devastating and everlasting to future ticket allocations??? 

What queries and from whom are the Supporters Clubs getting that have been redirected to an FAI employee? Are they from you, the papers?  What is the question(s) being asked?

Listen, I'll leave you to gather your little list of JD's lies such as 'why JD told you he would sack someone and then he never did it'  and you can add them to your conspiracy theories and hopefully it will leave you contented......

You tell me baby. I have brought facts to this thread. You have brought conjecture.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:48pm

You tell me baby. I have brought facts to this thread. You have brought conjecture.

You have cluttered t'interweb with more hor$e$hit...if that is even possible. Thats what you've done...

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:51pm
Now one thing i am sure of as if Eggs are Eggs .

If the london SC got = 250 tickets
Edinburgh = 50
Belfast = 75
And Galway got 11 then the whole place would go up in flames  as questions would be why Boat club got 11  tickets when there was only two of them in Georgia etc etc etc .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 4:06pm

Junior by name juvenile by nature, who pissed on your chips squire

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Edinburgh = 50

Belfast = 75

And Galway got 11 then the whole place would go up in flames  as questions would be why Boat club got 11  tickets when there was only two of them in Georgia etc etc etc .

Did you accept 2 tickets from the Boat Club?

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 4:11pm

Edinburgh = 50
Belfast = 75
Ye can multiply that by at least 8 Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

It is was it is. I post here and on other forums so its not a juvenile dig at others, I include myself in the point I was making. The whole f**king thing is a bit juvenile don't you think?

Highlighting how ridiculous it is to suggest that members of supporters clubs have been 'hushed' in some mafiosa type way by the FAI from disclosing details of ticket distribution because they are all in cahoots and they no longer can post on these matters on YBIG for fear of retribution. Or that making a list of all the times JD lied to you about this that and the other.......

But yeah thats right you picked out the juvenile bit in the piece you bolded - Nothing gets by you squire....

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:17pm
Ffs lads we are all on the same sides here

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:21pm
The Supporters clubs especially the newer ones are in Delaneys back pocket. The silence has been totally deafening from them and most of us know for a fact that they got Tickets way beyond what their allocations should have been. There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away Junior.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:24pm

It is was it is. I post here and on other forums so its not a juvenile dig at others, I include myself in the point I was making. The whole f**king thing is a bit juvenile don't you think?

Highlighting how ridiculous it is to suggest that members of supporters clubs have been 'hushed' in some mafiosa type way by the FAI from disclosing details of ticket distribution because they are all in cahoots and they no longer can post on these matters on YBIG for fear of retribution. Or that making a list of all the times JD lied to you about this that and the other.......

But yeah thats right you picked out the juvenile bit in the piece you bolded - Nothing gets by you squire....
So someone tries to point out some of the various and numerous untruths that your dear leader has spouted over a period of time, and now on the back of the latest farce you think that it is not justified to suggest that some underhand dealing has taking place even when we now know that the same snake took a concious decision to make SC's a priority for the allocations for this game ahead of the usual away travelers with season tickets, and you think it is way outside the realms of possibility that the same joker would not be capable of using the SC's for his own agenda, i.e trying to force all future ticket dealing been done through SC's only. Open your eyes squire to the truth that is staring you in the mush and dont be bought by this coont Delaneys spin

-------------

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away

name one?

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:29pm
Why should I have to name them J. Byrne check back thru other posts .There are ordinary supporters in these clubs disgusted by the way the tickets have been distributed and I have talked to them since the emails were posted out.

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

+1

Sadly lost on some people

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away

name one?

I say if you go through the yacht clubs gang you will find plenty Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:32pm

Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

name one?

I say if you go through the yacht clubs gang you will find plenty Wink

-------------

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

+1

Sadly lost on some people

I feel a split coming Stickies and Pinnies.Wink

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:42pm

The Supporters clubs especially the newer ones are in Delaneys back pocket. The silence has been totally deafening from them and most of us know for a fact that they got Tickets way beyond what their allocations should have been. There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away Junior.

Got to agree with this know a few personally who have got tickets through clubs who attend the odd game. I've no bother SC's getting tickets etc my problem is when said club ticket X amount of tickets for away times then get say 3/4/5 times that amount for Scotland. Members of SC's (that I know personally) have been very pro FAI on this subject and can't understand why we so annoyed. I've even had members of 2 newly formed SC's offer to get me tickets in the future (even though I would have as good if not better history with fai)

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:47pm

So someone tries to point out some of the various and numerous untruths that your dear leader has spouted over a period of time, and now on the back of the latest farce you think that it is not justified to suggest that some underhand dealing has taking place even when we now know that the same snake took a concious decision to make SC's a priority for the allocations for this game ahead of the usual away travelers with season tickets, and you think it is way outside the realms of possibility that the same joker would not be capable of using the SC's for his own agenda, i.e trying to force all future ticket dealing been done through SC's only. Open your eyes squire to the truth that is staring you in the mush and dont be bought by this coont Delaneys spin

JD is not my dear leader. I think he is a buffoon.

You are reading what you want to read in to my posts and in fact I think you are wide of the mark in what the opening poster was trying to get at also - i.e. this 'list' was nothing to do with ticket distribution.

The only point I was trying to make (and I've been very unsuccessful I'll admit) is that just because you are a fan within a supporters club (of which I am not) does not mean you should be tarred with some kind of underhand, 'they are all in cahoots with JD/FAI' umbrella'

Some of our most loyal and longest serving regular home and away supporters are members of supporters clubs - to dismiss them, as I sensed the opening post was doing and also as I've read in many posts elsewhere on this forum over the last couple of weeks, is a joke.

By all means pull JD and the FAI up on their many many inadequacies but supporters clubs? guys giving up their free time to organise travel and tickets and the likes - some are new yes but many have been around long before the Scotland ticket fiasco and I didnt hear a peep out of anyone complaining about them then. If they are getting unfair allocation then first stop is FAI process.

Posted By: amazaballs
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
im confused. is this the dating lobby?

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm

You are reading what you want to read in to my posts and in fact I think you are wide of the mark in what the opening poster was trying to get at also - i.e. this 'list' was nothing to do with ticket distribution.

The only point I was trying to make (and I've been very unsuccessful I'll admit) is that just because you are a fan within a supporters club (of which I am not) does not mean you should be tarred with some kind of underhand, 'they are all in cahoots with JD/FAI' umbrella'

Some of our most loyal and longest serving regular home and away supporters are members of supporters clubs - to dismiss them, as I sensed the opening post was doing and also as I've read in many posts elsewhere on this forum over the last couple of weeks, is a joke.

By all means pull JD and the FAI up on their many many inadequacies but supporters clubs? guys giving up their free time to organise travel and tickets and the likes - some are new yes but many have been around long before the Scotland ticket fiasco and I didnt hear a peep out of anyone complaining about them then. If they are getting unfair allocation then first stop is FAI process.

Thumbs Up A lot more clarity in your post there, would not be having a go at the long term clubs and members with history either they deserve a ticket as much as anyone, but the way some newer SC's have been sorted is quiet bemusing when very few members travel anywhere and make no mistake Delaney is behind it and up to no good

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:02pm

Where did i insinuate in the opening post that people in supporters clubs shouldnt get tickets? Please tell me. I in no way are blaming supporters clubs. I am bitterly disappointed that those i charge of them won't talk and are redirecting queries to an FAI employee - as said...

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:36pm
ClapClapClap
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

150 tickets at €160 a pop been given to fans = that's €24,000.

Dundalk won the league last week. Total prize money only €100,000

And he has just signed a new salary at €360,000 per year.

The FAI are haven't a fuking clue what they are at. LOI fans have seen past Delaney's bullsh1t years ago. National team fans seem to be doing the same lately.

Its disgusting and has put me off going to matches a long time ago. 

ClapClapClap

I agree with Kerrzy, for perhaps the first time? Anyway, you are on the money here sir. 

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:38pm
Lads I've been reading through all these ticket threads is there plans for a YBIG supporters club as this seems the only way this won't happen again , and if not why?
agree with GUFCT I know people who got tickets and only got ST this season.

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Lads I've been reading through all these ticket threads is there plans for a YBIG supporters club as this seems the only way this won't happen again , and if not why?
agree with GUFCT I know people who got tickets and only got ST this season.
Going by what i have read on here in the various threads YBIG will not be setting up such a club 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:55pm
Supporter clubs are not the answer to the problems that arose last week. Delaney tried to say this was the way Premier Clubs distributed their Tickets which again was a total lie.

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:26pm
Personally speaking I don't think supporters clubs are the way forward either. Will always be fans who go their own way and why should they be left out in the cold because sone lad decided to pay his €20 at start of the year to be a member of a club. No other football club run things that way no matter how many times delaney says they do.

We need to push on to get a fair system implemented, Christ the SFA has made a balks of almost everything in relation to Scottish fans but even they can implement a loyalty system

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:43pm
I have been going to Ireland home games since jack Charlton.
Block booker waiting list until the famous letter came!
Season ticket holder since it was launched.

I have been going to away games regularly since Portugal in 2000.

If I join a supporters club now will this service be taken into account?

I suppose it can't be worse than the FAI have treated me!!

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:45pm
Remember that block booker letter , how did that work out for Delaney?

What about the vantage seats?

We were sold the ST on the condition you would get preference for away games, that's surely a lie now ?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:22pm
Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here. They have no idea what the History, Membership, Block Bookers, Season Tickets and Away Games attended by these members are. Many of the clubs are older than the posters.

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:26pm
Yeah I think the focus needs to be the lack of system of the fai not having an issue with supporters clubs in themselves.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:26pm

Edinburgh = 50

Belfast = 75

Did you accept 2 tickets from the Boat Club?
My point as word for word what would be said .
You really wonder why anyone from a SC would come on here do you ?

Yes bye the way we took two tickets as two people dropped out as we were top of the list as we had been to more aways over the last few years than anyone else in the club .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:27pm

Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here.

Can you show evidence of this?

Alternatively your completely missing the point in this whole saga.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:39pm

Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here. They have no idea what the History, Membership, Block Bookers, Season Tickets and Away Games attended by these members are. Many of the clubs are older than the posters.

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

I'm following Ireland at Home since 1972 and Away since 1988 and I resent your comments. The silence from the SC's is disgraceful and the stories people have posted 0on here are not Heresay they are fact.

Of the Sc's listed on the FAI website there are quite a few that are less than 2 years old. http://www.fai.ie/ireland/fan-republic/supporters-clubs

Transparency on the 1,700 tickets handed out by the FAI to Sc's,Vantage Club Members and frequent away Travellers (of which they were f**k all given Tickets) is all we are asking for but we were met with a total wall of silence from both the FAI and the SC's why is this the case if we are equal .

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm
Is it any coincedence that a few posters in some of these threads who seem to be missing the whole point are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden  hmmmmm

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:45pm
Why should any one from a SC come on ybig and answer questions.  it

They do not have answer to posters on ybig.  The FAI are the association  who are in charge of tickets and .decide on the allocation.  It is up to them to answer the questions.  Not people who volunteer and  set up a SC.  
It is up to the FAI to provide the transparency not the SC's  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:47pm

Junior,

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

If anyone is narrow minded it is you and Junior. Everything I have posted about SCs on this is 100% fact. Supporters Clubs shouldn't be looking to protect their own interests at the expense of other supporters - i.e. they should be willing to admit to how many tickets they got if asked and not be redirecting queries to an FAI employee. If that is not being in cahoots with the FAI, what is it?

I have no agenda. I am not in a SC and I got my tickets from the FAI. But I am able to see everyone's side here. And anyone that is condoning what the SCs are doing are not true Irish supporters and certainly wouldn't like to meet them.

And why are you bringing age into thisConfused

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:52pm

Junior,

Transparency on the 1,700 tickets handed out by the FAI to Sc's,Vantage Club Members and frequent away Travellers (of which they were f**k all given Tickets) is all we are asking for but we were met with a total wall of silence from both the FAI and the SC's why is this the case if we are equal .

Sorry now but I answered questions from my own SC's point of view, another sweeping generalisation of yours shot down.

You seem to know everything about the fans who got tickets, you don't know f**k all about me

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm
Havent seen answers from Any SC's on ybig if its me that post is directed at for just asking a simple question.

-------------

Posted By: Mullingar
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:10pm
YBIG had 2 reps at the first meeting of the RISSC Confederation pre Austria game in March 2013 To the best of my knowledge They were in the room when clubs put a proposal to FAI re away allocation which Tony Dignam agreed to. So to say YBIG did not know what was going on with clubs away ticket allocation is untrue I will find out who from YBIG signed in for the meeting if you wish. You can't blame the fai or clubs because your reps did not post main points from that meeting.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

YBIG had 2 reps at the first meeting of the RISSC Confederation pre Austria game in March 2013 To the best of my knowledge They were in the room when clubs put a proposal to FAI re away allocation which Tony Dignam agreed to. So to say YBIG did not know what was going on with clubs away ticket allocation is untrue I will find out who from YBIG signed in for the meeting if you wish. You can't blame the fai or clubs because your reps did not post main points from that meeting.

By the  way what if someone is not in a SC  or posts on ybig.  

How would they find out about this decision.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:14pm

Where did i insinuate in the opening post that people in supporters clubs shouldnt get tickets? Please tell me. I in no way are blaming supporters clubs. I am bitterly disappointed that those i charge of them won't talk and are redirecting queries to an FAI employee - as said...

You didn't insinuate it nor did I say you did - in fact I haven't mentioned supporters clubs entitlement to tickets. Perhaps if you read the post(s) I have made (which you admit you didn't) then you would realise that. I'm not sure how I can dumb down the point I was trying to make any further.

As newryrep stated earlier, we are all on the same side but you can sense it in many posts on this forum in recent weeks that SC's are being in some way marginalised with comments which would have you believing they were full of members who had never attended a game and are walking around with wads of tickets for the Scotland game in their back pockets (exaggerating to make a point but you get my drift).

Supporters Clubs can be great in terms of organising support, particularly outside of Dublin. It can have a social side, they can help with travel, tickets. Charity fundraising, it can be the reason why a fan goes to his/her first game and many of them have been around since the year dot - long before the internet!....you know what though it doesn't sound all that different to YBIG does it?

They are not for everyone but for some it makes perfect sense to be part of a collective group - and that reason isn't to gain some unfair advantage over other fellow supporters.

Who are the SC's avoiding questions from - you didn't answer my earlier question? Is it you? the press?

Like I said, your opening post was insinuating that SC members wouldn't be interested in adding to your list of JD's misdemeanours because well basically they are all in bed together. That's well wide of the mark. You say you don't have anything against SC's but I think your opening and subsequent posts have not really supported that stance.

Anyway, I really didn't think Id need to make 5 or 6 posts to make the same point over and over again though so we'll just have to beg to differ.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:19pm

No need. I was there and Gerk was there

What proposal is this? I still actually have the notes from it

As I said at the time, there was definitely a move towards SCs but in no way, shape or form did any FAI official say that supporters clubs were going to get priority over indivduals.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

By the  way what if someone is not in a SC  or posts on ybig.  

How would they find out about this decision.  

I'm in a supporters club but did not know about this.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm

Havent seen answers from Any SC's on ybig if its me that post is directed at for just asking a simple question.

daithi and greenforever both asked me questions. I answered them as best I could. No I was not nominated by my own SC to answer them. I just did, I spoke for them and them only. I don't want rumours perpetuated about them.

I seen one other person speaking about his own SC. He was out of the country but he did his best to answer lads on here. Some want to speak, some don't and I can see why. At the same time maybe some SC's don't have members who frequent this site as well.

For the record, when was there ever an actual request from YBIG put to these SC's asking them about questions? It could be lost within a host of ticket threads but is it really fair for SC's to search through them and answer then?

As Baldrick said, SC's don't answer to YBIG, they never have. They never asked YBIG for permission to form in the first place. Some might have used this forum along with others as means of spreading word about certain things but thats it. In saying that, do all SC's collectively believe themselves to be of a higher power? I don't know. Its been well documented of one SC revelling in delight of their allocation an slating a well known away regular but why should that speak for all SC's? Personally speaking, I don't compare the two, both bring positive aspects to Irish football. Turn the shoe on the other foot, would YBIG.ie see fit to answer questions put to them from SC's. What would the reaction be on here?

Added to that, why should the stories of bandwagoners getting favours from the suits in the FAI  turn into a generalisation of all fans who got FAI tickets from wherever being on the bandwagon? I may not have a storied travelling record as yourself but I am as passionate about my country as much as anyone else on this forum. Some people know me on here. They know I am genuine. I know others who are genuine too. Should we be ostracized from the Irish support purely because we are part of a SC? No. Even the YBIG timeline events states this.

Yes, people are asking questions, people want answers so something like this never happens again but sweeping generalisations and subtle digs (not you but seen it on here) just perpetuate a growing discontent towards SC's when if anything YBIG should be reaching out to these people. Maybe some don't want to speak now but in time maybe they will

-------------

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:26pm
If you'd follow the league, you'd get used to him.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm

The Guarantee re: Tickets for Scotland was not made at that meeting it was made in your home town on the 23rd July by whom though??

Interesting that you joined on Friday week and have been spinning for the FAI Since as has one or two more posters do you really thing posters on here are ging to believe that rubbish?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:39pm
Here is the thing , if the decision was made to move to SC's then why not tell us so we could join one ?
Why take our deposits when there was never an intention to give us tickets ?
It's an utter disgrace.

If it becomes an sc vs. non sc shoot out now Delaney is laughing.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Here is the thing , if the decision was made to move to SC's then why not tell us so we could join one ?
Why take our deposits when there was never an intention to give us tickets ?
It's an utter disgrace.

Clap  Exactly. All the questions should be fired at the FAI not the SC's  

The SC's have nothing to answer as they are just simply fans organisations who applied for tickets and got them.  

Its the FAI who have the power and made the decisions. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:44pm

Exactly. Divide and conquer.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:46pm
Jaysus, why do things have to spelled out.

It's not an attack on supporters clubs however if someone is a member of a supporters club and they only go to one away game per campaign they should not receive a ticket ahead of a regular away traveller who does 5 or 6 aways per campaign. It's that simple. 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:50pm
The sfa is not at fault , the fai ticket office is not at fault and the supporters clubs are not either.

John Delaney is the gaffer , what he says goes.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:52pm

As Ive already said, divide and conquer !!!

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:59pm
We need all supporters United on the Ticket Scheme That NR outlined to the FAI 18 months ago. If we don't it will be another group of Supporters even SC's who will get shafted next time.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:01pm
In the Mullingar Club yes. The Club might be 2 years old but a lot have been going since pre Charlton times. The Denmark friendly that was called off due to ice on the terraces I personally got a refund for 35 tickets
They way we allocate tickets is
ST 5 points every home game 1 point every away 1 point use club bus to 5/6 games 3 points.

All we organise for aways is tickets then members post the way they are travelling to games. This works best for us as members for different commitments with work and family.
I help run the Mullingar Club and will not discuss club allocation with members of this group until things calm down.I will gladly meet reps here from the 22nd of November onwards to try and improve relations between SCs and YBIG. I'm willing to travel to Dublin to meet up.
I agree ticketing is not ideal and this is something we can work on together and get some in place for the Poland home game to ensure this never happens again. I don't see why we can't work together a
even tough there is a lot of hatred or Jealously towards RISSCW and some of it very personal.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
Good question personally I never even thought about it until now which seems crazy. I will look into seeing how we can get the word out maybe in the match programme and see if we can get national print media to do a piece I'm open to other suggestions. Like most of you we are regular Joe Soaps trying to get to as many games for as cheap as possible and mistakes will be made we will learn as we go along and hopefully improve the situation for all fans sooner rather than later

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
We are all supporters of the team Mullingar . YBIG has no gripe with SCs . None at all .

The more people that travel away the better . The simple point of it all is the FAI aren't willing to break down the figure of 1,700 . That's the dodgy part of the whole thing because it's ruined what should have been an enjoyable build up to a huge game. The fact that people who support the team are arguing with each other is an important one . They should be ashamed that Ireland fans are nit picking each other just because they are in a certain group . Absolute nonsense it is . The FAI have failed miserably here and they are to blame , no one else . Give us a transparent system where the most loyal fans , no matter what group they are attached to , are fairly rewarded for their efforts in supporting the team , it's not a lot to ask.

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:13pm
Request minutes from Gerry Read on who they all know

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
Jaysus , some bitching going on here . Who gives a f**k about SC getting tickets . They have a right to tickets aswell , Im not in a SC or travelling to many away games but if I want to start going to more away games then how am I suppose to get on the ladder to entitle me to away games ? I know people who have a history going to away games are more entitled to a ticket but at the same time others need be giving tickets aswell

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm
Butch, you'd have gotten tickets to Germany and Georgia if you wanted to go. You'll also get tickets to Gibraltar so what's your point.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:22pm
The guarantee was made at first meeting pre Austria in March 2013. We had an AGM that afternoon and the only FAI employee there was Gerry Reardon whose idea this wad to bring clubs under the one umbrella.

The evening was Q & with Martin O Neill and music afterwards. John Delaney was there and only talked about football in the community.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:26pm

The guarantee was made at first meeting pre Austria in March 2013. We had an AGM that afternoon and the only FAI employee there was Gerry Reardon whose idea this wad to bring clubs under the one umbrella

There was no guarantee. I was there FFS and I think I would remember that considering I am not a SC member and would be up in arms if that happened

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm
Agree

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Butch, you'd have gotten tickets to Germany and Georgia if you wanted to go. You'll also get tickets to Gibraltar so what's your point.

Point is if some lads just wanted to go to the Scotland game they would not get a ticket because they didn't have a good previous record . For some people they can not travel & Scotland is an easy destination as for Georgia it is more difficult for others . Germany yes there was tickets but at the same time there was more buying up & swapping on this site for tickets . A lot of people on here snapped up the tickets & didn't bother travelling to the game . I remember somebody commenting that there was some heap of tickets floating around

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Point is if some lads just wanted to go to the Scotland game they would not get a ticket because they didn't have a good previous record . For some people they can not travel & Scotland is an easy destination as for Georgia it is more difficult for others . Germany yes there was tickets but at the same time there was more buying up & swapping on this site for tickets . A lot of people on here snapped up the tickets & didn't bother travelling to the game . I remember somebody commenting that there was some heap of tickets floating around

If you want to start going to games do not pick the biggest game and easiest game and expect to get a ticket.  

My first away was Scotland actually but it as a friendly.  My second game happened to be Switzerland away which was a nightmare to get tickets and many loyal fans missed out. I was lucky and got tickets from the Swiss.  

But if I did not get a ticket I would have no right to complain.   If you are starting to go to games build up a good record by picking the games which are not as popular and are not over subscribed. 

If a game is over subscribed the FAI should have a system which rewards those that go to the games regularly. 

It is up to the FAI to put this into place and if a SC member is lucky enough to get a ticket for Scotland due to flaws in the FAI system and its his first time to an away game that is not his fault. It is the fault of the FAI pure and simple.  

The SC's do not have any questions to answer only to the their own members.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:39pm
I agree with some of what has been said here since the dreaded emails came out but an awful lot of it is pub talk and way off the mark.

1. yes we do need a fair and open ticketing system

2. We need to meet and then meet see what common ground we share which in fairness should be 95% of the time. Then meet with FAI reps re our joint proposals. As somebody rightly posted this cannot become a war of words between independent fans and SCS. Most SC members started out as independents.
3. I will not discuss a our away allocation with anyone.We have 71 Season Tickets but got nowhere near that for Scandinavian rightly so.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:49pm
I could be wrong but did one of you or 2 of you not have to leave early netting ran way over time

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

I agree with some of what has been said here since the dreaded emails came out but an awful lot of it is pub talk and way off the mark.

1. yes we do need a fair and open ticketing system

2. We need to meet and then meet see what common ground we share which in fairness should be 95% of the time. Then meet with FAI reps re our joint proposals. As somebody rightly posted this cannot become a war of words between independent fans and SCS. Most SC members started out as independents.
3. I will not discuss a our away allocation with anyone.We have 71 Season Tickets but got nowhere near that for Scandinavian rightly so.
Whats That?Wink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

I could be wrong but did one of you or 2 of you not have to leave early netting ran way over time

I was there for the whole meeting and the drinks after. Cant recall whether Gerk was but dont recall him leaving early.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:57pm
@Baldrick - Same thing will happen again next October & the same arguments will take place about the allocation . If away games are sold out & people on here have received tickets & don't travel they distribute them on here . Who is to say that the next person that gets it deserves it because he was 1st on a list ? The same could be said that a SC giving a ticket to a 1st time away match goer

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:05pm

@Baldrick - Same thing will happen again next October & the same arguments will take place about the allocation . If away games are sold out & people on here have received tickets & don't travel they distribute them on here . Who is to say that the next person that gets it deserves it because he was 1st on a list ? The same could be said that a SC giving a ticket to a 1st time away match goer

Take YBIG out of the equation here Butch for a start.  

Everybody should be calling for a fair and transparent system that rewards people who  attend games. Not just YBIG (not saying its only YBIG by the way)

If that was in place next year when the allocation is tight and demand exceeds supply, in the main tickets would go to those with the most amount of away game attendances until the allocations is fully allocated.  Under the system one person one ticket and one point this would reward people for going to away games. 

If this system is in place then the  practice that you suggest happens on here would be less likely to occur as people who actually go to games would get tickets. 

If you say that people on here are gaming the system and are not going but are applying for tickets.  (why would someone do that considering the FAI had no system in the first place) 

I say all of this as someone who was not in Georgia and could not make Germany at short notice. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:06pm

There was a scheme proposed, read the op in the reminder thread, it will answer all your questions and it covers everything but as Baldrick emphasises

Don't expect a ticket to the a game that is either a handy to get to , in a glamourous destination, or of greater significance or a combination of all three

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:09pm

Request minutes from Gerry Read on who they all know

Sorry are you saying that the clubs proposed to the FAI before the the Austrai home game that they effectively should deal with away ticket allocations and this was accepted ?

Because if you are its the first anybody on here knew about it ?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:12pm
Spell check on phone lol

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
I never said they were gaming the system as there is no system but how is it that when it comes to a game there is people sorting other people out with tickets ? I am not saying join a supporters club but it seems that when there is a shortage of tickets for a big game and YBIG posters does not get a good share of them then they fight there corner as a group . But at the same time you don't want to be an officially associated SC to the FAI ? Groups distributing tickets could be just be easily called SC .

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
Did ye leave to put a flag into the ground for half an hour or so

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:20pm

I never said they were gaming the system as there is no system but how is it that when it comes to a game there is people sorting other people out with tickets ? I am not saying join a supporters club but it seems that when there is a shortage of tickets for a big game and YBIG posters does not get a good share of them then they fight there corner as a group . But at the same time you don't want to be an officially associated SC to the FAI ? Groups distributing tickets could be just be easily called SC .

Most people on here have called for the FAI to introduce a clear and transparent system.  Some very good communicators such as Babbsballs and Kev and Brianie have taken to the airwaves to get this point across.  These people do not want just this system for people who log onto YBIG but for all of the Irish fans. This will take out uncertainty about tickets if the system is brought in and it will mean people can be safe in the knowledge that they will get a ticket and will go to the game accordingly.  

In the absence of a system tickets are handed out in a haphazard way and you would need the mind of Soloman to figure out how the FAI go about doing it. 

For most away games there are lots of spares hanging about and as a result lads on here give tickets to people on here who have either forgot to apply for tickets or were late in doing so etc.  

How many times can it be stressed. What people on here and I am sure in other places is a clear and transparent system that rewards people for attending away games.  In its absence you are going to get anarchy which is what happens any time there is a huge demand for tickets. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:20pm
We put a purposal to them which was accepted by Tony and John but had to be cleared at board level. BUT as some people say JD seems to run the show. Since then Mullingar has always gotten aways for every game. Before this we were applying independently and we're victims of the dreaded ballot on many an occasion.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:21pm

There was a scheme proposed, read the op in the reminder thread, it will answer all your questions and it covers everything but as Baldrick emphasises

Don't expect a ticket to the a game that is either a handy to get to , in a glamourous destination, or of greater significance or a combination of all three

I did read it & I don't expect a ticket but if anybody wants to get a ticket badly enough they will ... I will be travelling to the away games this campaign & do not expect a ticket but I will be there at the games . I have never had problems getting tickets & have been to many home games & a few aways over the years but none of it can be proved so it makes no odds to me to apply through the FAI for away tickets as I have no history

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net