You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

FAI have learned from Glasgow. All regulars got sorted for Austria then Euros Bosnia. Some missed out out in first round due to Credit/Debit Cards issues. The main problem is duplicate applications.
People applying through football family then FD and then through SCs.
A way around this is to check passport Numbers and have tickets collected in person with passport.Any duplicate passport Numbers should have applicationsupport should denied regardless of points.

I'm fairly sure I read on here that a lot of regulars didn't get allocated tickets for Vienna? quite a few then had to buy into the home sections

Some people didn't get tickets but they weren't regulars really. Anyone with a season ticket and any previous away games got a ticket. Plenty with a season ticket alone got a ticket. Some with season tickets didn't, admittedly, and I'm not sure about those with a history but no season ticket. Maybe some of them missed out.

But Austria was pretty well done.
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Some buy home end tickets as they want nothing to do with FAI others because they don't have faith in in ticketing system.
A regulatory to me is 60%+ over 4 years.

and missy, why do you think "they" don't have faith in the ticketing system?

It has improved since Scotland no issues with Euros Bosnia Austria.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:02pm
The Dear Leader is in front of the Oireachtas Sports Committee this afternoon. Has been asked by Catherine Murphy about the 5Mil from FIFA
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

FAI were honest

First time for everything.
the deal is to be welcomed, doesn't mean any sort of system, much less a fair one, exists.
Yes indeed.
It will about as transparent as a pint of Guinness.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:10pm
JD basically just claimed all the glory for getting the Euros increased from 16 to 24 teams 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

JD basically just claimed all the glory for getting the Euros increased from 16 to 24 teams 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:16pm
Did he have anything to say on the Fan's Embassies?
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

He's been asked a question - Not answered it yet.

Reckons their AGM is a big success - LOL !

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

He's been asked a question - Not answered it yet.

Reckons their AGM is a big success - LOL !

The AGM where the press aren't allowed to ask any questions. Because god forbid there's openness and transparency

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:22pm
Swerved the Fans Embassy question. 
Basically said they have the Supporters Clubs who he talks to. Did mention just over 2,000 season ticket holders in those clubs (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). Useful to have that number on the record.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:25pm
Also swerved another question on discontent and lack of information at the FAI AGM.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:25pm
Softball questions: "maybe we can blame the media, I don't know" as part of the questions "I'm only just asking for your comments".

Not exactly a grilling.

"The media are important in Irish life but sometimes it doesn't really reflect what is happening" about the interaction of the media with the FAI with particular reference to the AGM.

You put the rabbit in the lion's cage and the lions pet the f**ker.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Catherine Donnelly though: asking about AGM questions and accounts. Better question. Let's wait for the answer. He is answering a point on Dundalk first of all. Let's see what happens. Reiterating the "strategic plans" first of all, underage teams and community engagement, with infrastructure improvements. We'll see what sort of answer he gives to Murphy......
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:31pm
"Sometimes what you may read is not always what happens in reality"

"Our accounts are freely available"

"Questions in advance are requested but the real work is done in committee meetings"

"The real work of the FAI is done on the other 364 days"

"When I get back today there'll be plenty of other questions"

None of that matters if the questions are only asked and answered in private, in behind closed doors meetings.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

"Sometimes what you may read is not always what happens in reality"

"Our accounts are freely available"

"Questions in advance are requested but the real work is done in committee meetings"

"The real work of the FAI is done on the other 364 days"

"When I get back today there'll be plenty of other questions"

None of that matters if the questions are only asked and answered in private, in behind closed doors meetings.
more confidential transparency it is
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:27pm
Exactly, let's wait and see how the 40% of the 3,500 gets allocated in October. 

This is the first real test of the FAI's allocation system since the s**tshow that was the distribution of tickets to randomers in Glasgow. 

It's only 1,400 tickets for "independent supporters who are members of Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporter Clubs and Fans' Direct". 

If it's a game to seal WC qualification, demand could be twenty times that. 

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:51pm
We had 600 in Serbia and 900 in Serbia and 800 in Bosnia som At least 20% of these got there tickets through Football Family and Abbey Travel. So 1400 is more than enough for regulars which number 700 Max and I'm been generous with 700. It is twice the number of aways regulars.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:52pm

We had 600 in Serbia and 900 in Serbia and 800 in Bosnia som At least 20% of these got there tickets through Football Family and Abbey Travel. So 1400 is more than enough for regulars which number 700 Max and I'm been generous with 700. It is twice the number of aways regulars.

Far more than 700 : Double that and you'd be closer to the truth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 539>
  Share Topic