You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I may be missing something but with Delaney seemingly shafting the Welsh, what's to stop them changing the allocation ? The game isn't for 9 months after all...

Signed contracts 
I know nothing :-)
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Wonder why Welsh FA are not letting their fans apply for Cat A wonder how many of them they got.

Jesus Missy you aren't  suggesting an FA could be somewhat economical with ticket allocation in order to hide some tickets ? Shocked

I suspect if current % remain then more tickets will be released to the Welsh thus

FAW look good as they battled for more tickets for their fans and got them
FAI looks good as they ascended to these demands and released them to the FAW

The White Cafu point is well made, it would appear practically all the welsh tickets go to their 'average fans' - maybe their football family aren't as needy as ours

NR I'm pointing out that there is no perfect system. Wales made 3300 to fans there is no way they total less for LR than they gave us for CCS. I Would like to know their full allocation.
FAI were honest and said we got 3500. Wales are withholding tickets from fans
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

I may be missing something but with Delaney seemingly shafting the Welsh, what's to stop them changing the allocation ? The game isn't for 9 months after all...

Signed contracts 

I'd be under the impression that contracts these days are not worth the paper they are wrote on . Esp in the football world of today
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:12pm
FAI were honest LOL Assessment of the century there. Well done Missy.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wonder why Welsh FA are not letting their fans apply for Cat A wonder how many of them they got.

Jesus Missy you aren't  suggesting an FA could be somewhat economical with ticket allocation in order to hide some tickets ? Shocked

I suspect if current % remain then more tickets will be released to the Welsh thus

FAW look good as they battled for more tickets for their fans and got them
FAI looks good as they ascended to these demands and released them to the FAW

The White Cafu point is well made, it would appear practically all the welsh tickets go to their 'average fans' - maybe their football family aren't as needy as ours

NR I'm pointing out that there is no perfect system. Wales made 3300 to fans there is no way they total less for LR than they gave us for CCS. I Would like to know their full allocation.
FAI were honest and said we got 3500. Wales are withholding tickets from fans

I am sure it will come out in the publically available minutes of the FAW meeting - ohh for such transparency

So when can we expect the breakdown on the 3500 tickets given that at leat 45% goes into a black hole namely 'football family '

Edited by Newryrep - 17 Jan 2017 at 11:19pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:19pm

Signed contracts 

We'll see. Fair play to the FAI for getting the better deal, but it's a poor way to operate, shafting one of your nearest counterparts is never a great idea
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:13am

Signed contracts 

We'll see. Fair play to the FAI for getting the better deal, but it's a poor way to operate, shafting one of your nearest counterparts is never a great idea

Just like the SFA would not give us 10% even though the game was not a sell out.

It's not shafting it's just business, and if the FAW did not get a good deal, blame their negotiators.

Also what about the fact in 2007 the FAW charged Irish fans £35 a ticket while the Welsh only paid £10//

Edited by greenforever - 18 Jan 2017 at 3:40am
I know nothing :-)
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:39am
Credit to FAI for getting 11%
Time will tell if they distribute them correctly
40% still an absolute joke
contract's worth f**k all
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 7:57am

Signed contracts 

Just like the SFA would not give us 10% even though the game was not a sell out.

It's not shafting it's just business, and if the FAW did not get a good deal, blame their negotiators.

Also what about the fact in 2007 the FAW charged Irish fans £35 a ticket while the Welsh only paid £10//

The SFA allocation even at 5 % woukd of covered the majority of regular travellers if distributed fairly despite people's best efforts in blaming the SFA for their allocation

You also haven't defined regular traveller that are looked after by the FAI ?

The only ones complaining about the price of he tickets are the Welsh
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:21am
window.post_1484730635735_40 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }How come when there is any debate about tickets the FAI's great defender tries to blow as much dust as he can over the debate. What happened in Scotland was not the SFA's fault and to try and use this as an excuse for the disgraceful treatment of genuine fans is beyond a joke.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:32am
Pathetic that someone would try to lay the blame with the SFA for what happened in Glasgow.

Edited by rossieman - 18 Jan 2017 at 9:33am
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:24am
FAI have learned from Glasgow. All regulars got sorted for Austria then Euros Bosnia. Some missed out out in first round due to Credit/Debit Cards issues. The main problem is duplicate applications.
People applying through football family then FD and then through SCs.
A way around this is to check passport Numbers and have tickets collected in person with passport.Any duplicate passport Numbers should have applicationsupport should denied regardless of points.

Edited by Missy - 18 Jan 2017 at 10:30am
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:31am

FAI have learned from Glasgow. All regulars got sorted for Austria then Euros Bosnia. Some missed out out in first round due to Credit/Debit Cards issues. The main problem is duplicate applications.
A way around this is to check passport Numbers and have tickets collected in person with passport.Any duplicate passport Numbers should have applicationsupport should denied regardless of points.

I'm fairly sure I read on here that a lot of regulars didn't get allocated tickets for Vienna? quite a few then had to buy into the home sections
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:37am
Some buy home end tickets as they want nothing to do with FAI others because they don't have faith in in ticketing system.
A regulatory to me is 60%+ over 4 years.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:02am

I was at all home and 3 aways in the Euro qualifiers and the FAI let me down on tickets. Eventually got them but had to pay for cat 1 and was well out of pocket as a result. As for the FAI shafting the Welsh, well that just goes to show you what kind of people the FAI are.

Edited by Trap junior - 18 Jan 2017 at 11:03am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:42am

Some buy home end tickets as they want nothing to do with FAI others because they don't have faith in in ticketing system.
A regulatory to me is 60%+ over 4 years.

and missy, why do you think "they" don't have faith in the ticketing system?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:43pm

FAI were honest
First time for everything.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

FAI were honest

First time for everything.

the deal is to be welcomed, doesn't mean any sort of system, much less a fair one, exists.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 539>
  Share Topic