Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 533534535536537 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 10:24am
Maybe I've misinterpreted the article but 3k a year seems like nothing.
Sponsored Links

RD5 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 10:45am
That's fair enough for a non executive director who's only signing paperwork, it's pretty bogus that they want to use their home address for the business though.  

Either way you'd have to be a mug to go for it, there could potentially be all sorts of money laundering going on and you'd be exposed.

JD adds colour to the article but there's people all over doing the same thing
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 1:29pm
A former corrupt ceo gotta eat lads
Chips don't bounce
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Davy Keogh says hello 
From the premium section. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

A corrupt former ceo gotta eat lads

Fixed.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 1:22pm
"Money for jam, pal"!!!

What could possibly go wrong?
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 2:07pm
Link to podcast with Mark Tighe discussing the piece: 

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Noel Kelly will be his agent 
and certain lads will be on saying its no big deal, nothing to see etc etc

You are correct, but different people see the light at different times. Sure there was a time when those in ybig in its early days were cosying up to delaney too  Embarrassed

Is that aimed at Sham? 
I didn’t take it as being aimed at me, but as many both on here/formerly on here and others know, I certainly did not cosy up to him. 

Agreed me either.  Just wondering who he was aiming it at.  Seems a generalisation and would be interested to know who he means. I find it funny that lads post on ybig but don’t seek themselves as ybig posters but see other lads as ybig posters.  Wheelo is as much as part of ybig as you or I are. 

Well I don't see myself as "ybig" - I'm a part of this forum but not "ybig". I've commented before on some of the stuff posted on ybig twitter that I felt was totally inappropriate and believed it was used by a couple of people to spread their own agenda on non Irish football stuff "on behalf of ybig members". Sonething I wouldn't agree with and thus definitely want to distance myself from being part of ybig as a group.

I had concerns about how close ybig could potentially get to delaney and the fai after their first fanzine in the old lansdowne.  I had debates with them online on foot.ie about it (may have been by private message  I can't remember). 

No doubt over the years there was a closeness with delaney and those involved in ybig. It turned sour eventually when more started seeing the light.

That evening with delaney before Russia match was complete cringe. As for dates kehoe (not one of main ybig lads tbf). Wonder does he still think the same about delaney as he did that day

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 7:04pm

Noel Kelly will be his agent 
and certain lads will be on saying its no big deal, nothing to see etc etc

You are correct, but different people see the light at different times. Sure there was a time when those in ybig in its early days were cosying up to delaney too  Embarrassed

Is that aimed at Sham? 
I didn’t take it as being aimed at me, but as many both on here/formerly on here and others know, I certainly did not cosy up to him. 

Agreed me either.  Just wondering who he was aiming it at.  Seems a generalisation and would be interested to know who he means. I find it funny that lads post on ybig but don’t seek themselves as ybig posters but see other lads as ybig posters.  Wheelo is as much as part of ybig as you or I are. 

Well I don't see myself as "ybig" - I'm a part of this forum but not "ybig". I've commented before on some of the stuff posted on ybig twitter that I felt was totally inappropriate and believed it was used by a couple of people to spread their own agenda on non Irish football stuff "on behalf of ybig members". Sonething I wouldn't agree with and thus definitely want to distance myself from being part of ybig as a group.

I had concerns about how close ybig could potentially get to delaney and the fai after their first fanzine in the old lansdowne.  I had debates with them online on foot.ie about it (may have been by private message  I can't remember). 

No doubt over the years there was a closeness with delaney and those involved in ybig. It turned sour eventually when more started seeing the light.

That evening with delaney before Russia match was complete cringe. As for dates kehoe (not one of main ybig lads tbf). Wonder does he still think the same about delaney as he did that day

Then you are no different than 99% of people on here who are just simply posters.  As far as I know only a few lads run the site so i am not sure who you mean when you say ybig if you don’t include people who post on here like yourself myself and Sham.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 8:10pm

Then you are no different than 99% of people on here who are just simply posters.  As far as I know only a few lads run the site so i am not sure who you mean when you say ybig if you don’t include people who post on here like yourself myself and Sham.  

Baldrick in sensible post shocker - 

Att wheelo i am happy for the YBIG Mandate group to reflect my views and speak in my interests on behalf of independent and indeed SC members - that is quite separate to the YBIG Website 

Did you sign up btw ? just out of interest 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 9:16pm
Looks like wheelo hit a sore spot!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

how so 

if he is referring to the 2-3 Russian game have no idea what was organised  pre game -  I know I wasnt at it  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 11:12pm

No he posts on here but thinks he is separate from ybig but also thinks other posters on here who do the same as him are part of a ybig insider clique 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 4:06pm
Was photographed at the FAI Cup game between St Michael’s and Waterford. Some neck on him but probably the only ground where he’d still be welcomed.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Baldrick in sensible post shocker - 

Att wheelo i am happy for the YBIG Mandate group to reflect my views and speak in my interests on behalf of independent and indeed SC members - that is quite separate to the YBIG Website 

Did you sign up btw ? just out of interest 

I did sign up - as a show of support for those at the time who were obviously going against Delaney/ supporters club, etc.

Many saw the light eventually, thankfully. Better late than never 

Have no problem with the mandate or gspain as the fans rep as he is someone who I’ve “known” online for over 20 years as a loi and I know he was the right intentions. 

The ybig website/ Twitter handle should make it clear it is making posts on behalf of the couple of people who post from it and not on behalf of ybig if that’s the case 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 6:13pm

No he posts on here but thinks he is separate from ybig but also thinks other posters on here who do the same as him are part of a ybig insider clique 😀

Not at all, there’s some on here who cosied up to Delaney, would’ve been in contact with him about various things, etc over the years on behalf of ybig

But thankfully, most saw the light eventually. Just a bit later than others
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

how so 

if he is referring to the 2-3 Russian game have no idea what was organised  pre game -  I know I wasnt at it  

I’m referring to the ybig q and a with Delaney in the rugby club beside the ground prematch. Fairly certain it was before a match against Russia but can be corrected on that
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 6:41pm
We were invited for a Q&A.
He was trying to get YBIG onside.
He has hosted similar type things through the years now and then.

Fair play to the majority on here who didn’t fall for it and still held him accountable when it was due and didn’t fall for things like setting up YBIG as a supporters group for away games.

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Jul 2023 at 6:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 533534535536537 539>
  Share Topic