You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 475476477478479 539>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:08am
The casting vote is not that important. Imagine an important issue where the 6 independents go one way and the 6 football family reps go the other.  The independents will go straight to the Government.  
As for the 10 year limit, 2022 will come around quickly enough. 

Would like Sarah Keane.  Swim Ireland and Olympic Council were dirty jobs and she has done extremely well. 

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:11am
You would imagine Swim Ireland would be quite a clean job, what with all the chlorine. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

The level of nepotism, corruption and general incompetence in Ireland is frightening. Only Italy, and perhaps Romania, come close.

Little wonder the EU is so beloved amongst the Irish.
Bet anything this Newt Newbie guy loves Russia

A two line, unsourced, unsubstantiated pile of faux-emotive nonsense, yep, that's generally how they work
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You would imagine Swim Ireland would be quite a clean job, what with all the chlorine. 
LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:25am

Traditionally swimming has been full of stroke politics

She'd be diving in at the deep end by joining the FAI 

To be fair you're a lot better off diving in at the deep end - if you dive in at the shallow end you'll only end up paralysed

Which, to be fair, is what the FAI has been for as long as I can remember 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Traditionally swimming has been full of stroke politics

She'd be diving in at the deep end by joining the FAI 

To be fair you're a lot better off diving in at the deep end - if you dive in at the shallow end you'll only end up paralysed

Which, to be fair, is what the FAI has been for as long as I can remember 
She'd be hoping to make a splash with the FAI..
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Are we the only country on the planet with a Football Association that is full of people that have nothing to do with football? 

Nothing has changed 

Full? care to expand?
It's not me it's you:-)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Gary Owen's not applying for permanent CEO job.   Reckon Sarah Keane will get the job.  Very impressed any time I have heard her talk 

Some serious media love
 in for her, not really sure how talking a good game equates to having the requisite skills to do the job. Swim Ireland like...... give me a break. Too many spoofers in this country who talk a good game. 

Don’t think it’s as simple as that.  I think it’s on the back of the work at the Olympic Federation of Ireland.   What’s your issue with her Citizen

How does the infrastructure of the Olympic federation compare to that of the FAI. Different beasts in every aspect, from commercially to head count, to how nuanced the politics are within the game from school boy to league of Ireland to international. 

I’d rather see a CEO who has a proven record commercially in managing a company, than another sport administrator who lets be honest are more politicians than anything.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm
have any applied for the job ? Would they take the pay cut ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:57pm
And our leader was, in the interim, a man called Gary Owens
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm

No idea, but seems a closed shop to the few names always mentioned. What’s the salary 200k? Honestly be looking at the entire senior team in there, they have severely underperformed Financially and commercially, and lobbying for funding compared to the GAA and rugby. I know a lot is legacy issues etc like how the fucccck is Rhea Walsh still in a job? 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 4:05pm

Edited by RKeane - 09 Sep 2020 at 4:57pm
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

No idea, but seems a closed shop to the few names always mentioned. What’s the salary 200k? Honestly be looking at the entire senior team in there, they have severely underperformed Financially and commercially, and lobbying for funding compared to the GAA and rugby. I know a lot is legacy issues etc like how the fucccck is Rhea Walsh still in a job? 

Fairly sure I seen somewhere it's about €180k. Which is in and around what Browne at the IRFU was on in 2019 and Tom Ryan the GAA DG probably on about 160k.  Ryan and Browne were both internal candidates too as Baldie says doubtful many in the corporate sector with CEO experience would be willing to take a drop in pay
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:20pm
Infuriating but not in the least surprising  Angry

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Infuriating but not in the least surprising  Angry

Sobering. And some of his enablers are still with the Association. Disgusting
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:46pm
what does Marc MacSharry think ?
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

what does Marc MacSharry think ?

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:55am
Some reading in the Times. I would recommend anyone to buy it. 

Tens of thousands in ATM withdrawals and over €300k in legal costs for person defamation cases after Rio - to which he received well over €200k in damages of which none was refunded. 

Couple of other stories also including how his mate John O Regan broke Covid regulations last week and charged spectators to attend...

The below stood out also amongst the rest

The excess benefit calculated by Kosi did not include FAI payments of €95,000 to Susan Keegan, Delaney’s ex-girlfriend, between 2012 and 2014. Kosi found that one €25,000 payment that referenced Keegan in the FAI’s accounts in fact went to Delaney’s bank account. An invoice retained by the FAI for €35,000 worth of “services” provided by Keegan was found to have been created by a Microsoft Office account registered to “JDelaney@fai.ie”. The FAI was unable to explain the reason for the payments to Keegan, who has denied getting the bulk of the money.

Edited by Pipkin - 13 Sep 2020 at 12:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 475476477478479 539>
  Share Topic