You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474475476477478 539>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 9:46pm
Great stuff Tony I think the compromise was worth it as for me not worth risking a NO vote. 
Now hopefully move forward slowly and smartly together for the good of irish football and not personal interest.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Few lads on here will be squirming in their seats a little looking at the back of Tight and Rowan's book. LOL

As well they should. f**kers knew , they knew he was bollixing up the game at league level but as long as they had a piss up and an excuse to ole ole ole they didn’t give a shi@e, gombeen bastards.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 1:29pm
looks like that vote was a win for the old guard

No right they should have any say. I'd say Barrett justs wants the deal over the line with government and he'll disappear. I'd says he's had enough and will keep his reputation intact as job done
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:11pm
Once the 10 year rule for council members was removed it was sure to pass.
alive and kicking
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

that rule was brought in for a reason, so weed out those who long supported a dysfunctional organisation

thats their first win. Theyll get the money in and next time theyll win something else to roll back on change 
Augustus Gloop View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augustus Gloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 8:23pm
With the MoU getting passed and Kenny calling up some exciting kids with the hope of implementing a new football identity, things have taken a turn for the better recently. 

All that's needed now is for Del Boy to be prosecuted then we can all move on from this toxic period. 

Roy Barrett is doing as well as he could possibly be doing despite the circumstances, and the recent MoU drama really exposed the ones still fighting for the old guard in the Council, but hopefully the changes will eventually give power to getting rid of them. 

Looking forward to the Bulgaria match in 48 hours time and the new era.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

that rule was brought in for a reason, so weed out those who long supported a dysfunctional organisation

thats their first win. Theyll get the money in and next time theyll win something else to roll back on change 

Ya but it is only a stay of execution. A clear out is important.

The new CEO interviews are today and tomorrow. 8 candidates. Other than our incumbent and Sarah Keane I don't know a lot about them. 

Sarah Keane has proven herself with the Olympic Council. That was a basket case very similar to what went on in the FAI. Both former CEO's not liked in Brazil!!

Wouldn't be too keen on Owens. think he looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights lately when confronted by the old guard. 

It's not me it's you:-)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:35pm
Adrian Bevington (formerly of the English FA and Middlesbrough)  among the candidates according to the Indo although they originally had him down as Adam Bevington 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Sep 2020 at 12:37pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:25pm
The vote to give the chairman the casting vote is a win for the old guard

As was the term extended by 2 years

Both of them are key next time decisions are to be made. 

Its sad situation when I trust and respect Bank of Ireland and Shane Ross more than I do the FAI to run their own house.

Im not saying they are bad people but they definitly look out for their own faction and take their eye of the ball to the detrement of the game here in this country
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 7:07pm
Gary Owen's not applying for permanent CEO job.   Reckon Sarah Keane will get the job.  Very impressed any time I have heard her talk 
AKA pedantic kunt
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Gary Owen's not applying for permanent CEO job.   Reckon Sarah Keane will get the job.  Very impressed any time I have heard her talk 

Sounds like it's all up in the air.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 7:12pm
So theyve got rid of Quinn now, and Owens so only Barrett to fall now and they more or less back to old blood. 

New CEO will answer to the board, of which the Football fraternity will have the casting vote on decisions.

It really is unsolveable

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:12pm
The level of nepotism, corruption and general incompetence in Ireland is frightening. Only Italy, and perhaps Romania, come close.

Little wonder the EU is so beloved amongst the Irish.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:09am

Some serious media love in for her, not really sure how talking a good game equates to having the requisite skills to do the job. Swim Ireland like...... give me a break. Too many spoofers in this country who talk a good game. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Some serious media love
 in for her, not really sure how talking a good game equates to having the requisite skills to do the job. Swim Ireland like...... give me a break. Too many spoofers in this country who talk a good game. 

Don’t think it’s as simple as that.  I think it’s on the back of the work at the Olympic Federation of Ireland.   What’s your issue with her Citizen
AKA pedantic kunt
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:33am
Are we the only country on the planet with a Football Association that is full of people that have nothing to do with football? 

Nothing has changed 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:37am

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Some serious media love
 in for her, not really sure how talking a good game equates to having the requisite skills to do the job. Swim Ireland like...... give me a break. Too many spoofers in this country who talk a good game. 

Don’t think it’s as simple as that.  I think it’s on the back of the work at the Olympic Federation of Ireland.   What’s your issue with her Citizen
Exactly. She cleaned up that mess in no time at all and now she's onto the next mess.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:40am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Are we the only country on the planet with a Football Association that is full of people that have nothing to do with football? 

Nothing has changed 

I think it was the the previous regime which was full of football people that got them into this mess 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474475476477478 539>
  Share Topic