You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm
yeah can see a situation similar to Euro 2016 when we played in Turners Cross. Id imagine Thomond and/or RDS could be used. Always the potential for an away friendly or two as part of a training camp perhaps.
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Maybe not the right thread to post this, feel free to move somewhere else if needed 

Is this offset by the revenue from hosting Euro 2020 games?
Limerick for me , or the Sportsground in Galway Thumbs Up
Seen that the plan was to play an away friendly in Amsterdam if we had beaten Denmark. Think it was independent the reported that at the time too and they mentioned that it was still a possibility for May. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Maybe not the right thread to post this, feel free to move somewhere else if needed 

Is this offset by the revenue from hosting Euro 2020 games?
Limerick for me , or the Sportsground in Galway Thumbs Up
Seen that the plan was to play an away friendly in Amsterdam if we had beaten Denmark. Think it was independent the reported that at the time too and they mentioned that it was still a possibility for May. 

Yea pretty sure it was Dan Mc Donnell who’s mentioned this story 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:59pm
Munster Rugby are struggling financially as well so would probably jump at getting the rent from the FAI for a friendly. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Munster Rugby are struggling financially as well so would probably jump at getting the rent from the FAI for a friendly. 

So are cork gaa.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 18 Jan 2020 at 5:53pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm
would I be right in saying there are still two games left on this years season tickets ? 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

would I be right in saying there are still two games left on this years season tickets ? 
Think so yeah. Probably be another stupid idea like the NI game 2 years back being in the previous years ticket. Not sure where they can fit in the games unless they include next years nations league in it as there was talk of going to a calendar based season ticket.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I believe it is one game.  5 Internations on the ST.  Already had Switzerland, Bulgaria, NZ & Denmark.

If there is a game played outside Dublin I doubt it would be included but could be wrong.  

tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:59pm
Picture

It only said selected fixtures in 2020 in the letter that came with my season tickets  

Edited by tapfit2004 - 19 Jan 2020 at 11:00pm
Let Christy Take It.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:01am
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:07pm
I can't understand this.  John Delaney is gone but the Slovakian FA are giving us 2200 tickets(10% allocation) for upcoming game.  I thought it was John and only John who used his considerable influence and respectability in acquiring extra allocations for us but it seems the new regime also have the same influence.  Maybe John is putting in a good word behind the scenes and doesn't want anyone to know, being the humble man he is.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
Officially gone from UEFA. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:45pm
Wink
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I can't understand this.  John Delaney is gone but the Slovakian FA are giving us 2200 tickets(10% allocation) for upcoming game.  I thought it was John and only John who used his considerable influence and respectability in acquiring extra allocations for us but it seems the new regime also have the same influence.  Maybe John is putting in a good word behind the scenes and doesn't want anyone to know, being the humble man he is.

Newry Rep got this for all of us as nobody would ever say no to the Angry Nordy . Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:50pm
UEFA praising jd the man who destroyed football in Ireland.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:54pm
Where is JD now? Seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth barring showing up at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Getting credit for Iceland beating England LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:57pm

It looks like a piece he wrote himself and on a serious note he probably did and submitted it to Uefa to put on their website.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

It looks like a piece he wrote himself and on a serious note he probably did and submitted it to Uefa to put on their website.

He wanted to write his own parting statement with the FAI so you could well be correct
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 539>
  Share Topic