You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 539>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Shane Ross demands FAI commitment to reform as John Earley re-enters boardroom mix

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/shane-ross-demands-fai-commitment-to-reform-as-john-earley-re-enters-boardroom-mix-38863235.html

The Fai blazers still don’t realise that the gravy train is derailed and will never run again.

He’s demanding the reform from the same people who contributed to, and are partly responsible for, the mess we are in at present. Which means admitting their culpability, plus removing power from themselves. 

Someone else needs to clean it up. 
Sponsored Links

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Why has Shane Ross got an English accent? I thought he was from Dublin?

This really is the crucial issue here. Someone's accent 

Not really just interested me. Had never actually heard him speak then I was like WTF that was Shane Ross just now on the radio- I thought he was a Dub.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:34pm

Not really just interested me. Had never actually heard him speak then I was like WTF that was Shane Ross just now on the radio- I thought he was a Dub.

He is.  
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

[
QUOTE=Stickittotheman]

Went to school in England, got taught to speak right proper over there. 
[/QUOTE]

Really?

He was schooled at St Stephen's School, Dundrum, and Rugby School, before attending Trinity College Dublin.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

[
QUOTE=Stickittotheman]

Went to school in England, got taught to speak right proper over there. 

Really?

He was schooled at St Stephen's School, Dundrum, and Rugby School, before attending Trinity College Dublin.[/QUOTE]
Have they moved Rugby School from Warwickshire?
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:51pm

His ancestors took the soup
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

I get the feeling his ancestors were giving it out! 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:00pm

He is.  

Everyone puts on a stupid voice on the radio. 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

I get the feeling his ancestors were giving it out! 

Something related to the soup anyways
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:37pm
Ross is no clown and his calling out the fai on the make up of the council members s bang on. The council is stacked with people who enabled jd and had there heads in the expenses trough.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:46pm

He is.  

Fair enough. I like his stance on this issue to be fair to him. Is he standing for re-election?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm
He is.  Probably wont be in gov but who knows 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm

Ross is no clown and his calling out the fai on the make up of the council members s bang on. The council is stacked with people who enabled jd and had there heads in the expenses trough.
Think it’s well know he’s a clown and hopefully he won’t be anywhere near government after the election 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 15 Jan 2020 at 5:56pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Think it’s well know he’s a clown and hopefully he won’t be anywhere near government after the election 
It would seem hes not particularly well liked by FG, Noel Rock would be their man for Sport from inside the party, although the early indications are he’s going to lose his seat to Paul McAuliffe of FF in Dublin NW
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It would seem hes not particularly well liked by FG, Noel Rock would be their man for Sport from inside the party, although the early indications are he’s going to lose his seat to Paul McAuliffe of FF in Dublin NW

Given Rock was one of the first, or maybe the most vocal, to call for Delaneys head last March, it’s strange how he’s gone so quiet on all issues since.

It’ll go over most peoples heads but Ross’ demands yesterday for the Council to be reformed I’d probably his greatest contribution to the mess. For once, he’s being proactive and not reactive. The make up of the council hasn’t been making headlines. Clearly he’s been well briefed in recent weeks.

Edited by Pipkin - 15 Jan 2020 at 10:51pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Given Rock was one of the first, or maybe the most vocal, to call for Delaneys head last March, it’s strange how he’s gone so quiet on all issues since.

It’ll go over most peoples heads but Ross’ demands yesterday for the Council to be reformed I’d probably his greatest contribution to the mess. For once, he’s being proactive and not reactive. The make up of the council hasn’t been making headlines. Clearly he’s been well briefed in recent weeks.

He has immersed himself. He probably gets the business and politics side of things better than the sport itself and he is able to contribute more. Anyone with half a brain with a peaked interest in the saga will know that one man did not cause the crisis but rather it was a collective failure and JD and the board’s failures were facilitated by all the lads on the gravy train

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:36pm
Its probably unlikely Ross does all of getting re-elected, being part of the next government, being a minister in that government and getting the same portfolio again. 

With the shenanigans of various long serving council members looking for other positions of power and wanting to be elected onto other committees referred to in the article GUFCT posted, a fair few of them clearly see it as business as usual, just with a different head to deal with. 

No matter what anyone's opinion of Ross is, he has been proven correct to insist on Conway's stepping down, and correct to (at least attempt) to play hardball with the finances. Getting the independent chairman & directors was a good start, but it's nowhere near enough. Timing means Ross more than likely won't get the chance to push through any further reforms regarding the council & committees, but hopefully Barrett, Cooke, the Sports Dept and Sport Ireland are left in no doubt that this has to happen by the next Minister, whoever that may be. 

I'm far from claiming Ross is a good politician, but anyone who watched the Dáil committee meetings might have heard the FF spokesman for sport making a few contributions. The fella who got 2 WC final tickets off JD for Russia 2018. His name escapes me, but fcukin hell, he was absolutely shocking. If he turns out to be Ross's replacement, I'd nearly expect to see JD back at the helm of the FAI in about 18 months. Could be a 'be careful what you wish for' effort as regards what minister ya want to see implementing further FAI reform. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:50pm
Mcsharry ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 539>
  Share Topic