You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Ill say it again, the IFA ( who have no interest in southern football)...         ... would have administered football better than this shower of incompetent dickheads who allow thieves robbed the future of the game blind.

Tbf, the IFA is hardly the most competent National Association around (understatement), but we get by in an "It'll do for now" sort-of-a-way. And thinking about it, we're a deal more professional than we were 20 or 30 years ago or more.

And as for corruption, there is actually one prominent individual (not on the staff) who I personally wouldn't trust to pay my milk bill for me. But for all that he has a mini-power base which gets him elected etc, the rest of the people at the IFA probably know what he's like, which keeps him - and the IFA - reasonably clean.

I guess the difference is that while some of the people who ran the FAI allegedly arranged the organisation's financial affairs and processes in such a way as to direct money in a preferred direction, when someone allegedly wanted to take money from the IFA, they had to defraud the organisation, who called in the cops the moment it was discovered:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/news/irish-football-association-fraud-investigation-sees-two-charged/ar-BBXIzFs
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Need to do what the OCI did. Complete overhaul at every single level and a new name. FAI is a toxic brand 

PFAI or RFAI?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Need to do what the OCI did. Complete overhaul at every single level and a new name. FAI is a toxic brand 

PFAI or RFAI?

CFAI 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Yes, good idea. They completely overhauled the federation, gave it a new name and brought in a new President (Sarah Keane) from Swim Ireland who had no links to Hickey.

Sarah Keane is an excellent administrator but she did serve on committees with Pat Hickey to my knowledge.

She did indeed (from 2014 I think) but the general belief was she was not close to Hickey or a confidante of his.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:26pm
For 20 yrs JOHN Delaney belittled anybody who stood up to him and the board , council and his private boot boys joined in nobody called a halt.
The dogs on the street knew what he was at from day one so any board member looking for sympathy can f**king right off.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:29pm
That schoolboys rep was an embarrassment 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:31pm
So what happens next ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:39pm
the odce , cab and revenue are in there now. More cash slushing around than in a brinks Matt van.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:40pm
chapter   11
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:43pm
Find An Invoice

Falsify All Information
Financial Advice Ignored
Fraud Agents Incomparable
Faulty Advice Incoming
Fail An Investigation
Fritter Away Inheritance
Fiscal Advisory Incompetence
Fear And Ignorance
Fire An Intern
Failure As Improvement

FAI here, FAI here, FAI here, FAI here

Finsceal Beo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finsceal Beo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:47pm
Working my way through he accounts now- some shocking stuff....€2.7m extra owed from 2015 onwards to Revenue in undeclared tax along with interest and penalties, which revenue hasn't accepted yet as full and final settlement. haven't even got to 2018 accounts yet...

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:49pm
There are so many complicit in this. Deloitte - how did they not spot the discrepancies in the accounts. They would have to reconcile with the bank accounts.
The finance companies who forwarded loans or overdrafts. 
Revenue -  there must have been late tax payments etc
Law firm(s) - there is no way that JD's actions were all legal
Sport Ireland - what criteria are they supposed to get when giving grant money. I would assume one of them is an outline of where money will go and current financial health. No point giving grants to an association to pay bills or directors
Other board members
Etc 
Etc
Etc
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:49pm
Jaysus what an embarrassment. 

Actually felt sorry for Cooke watching it, basically having to take the flak for his predecessor 
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:57pm
€3,000,000 (Three Million Euro) loyalty bonus due for JD if he had stayed until 2021.

Was originally 2 million but it was topped up by another million when contract renewed in 2014.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Jaysus what an embarrassment. 

Actually felt sorry for Cooke watching it, basically having to take the flak for his predecessor 

He'll be grand. He is far enough removed from the old regime and wasn't a JD man. 
El Puto Amo
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:06pm
Any videos or the ex dear leader doing naughty stuff by any chance. Be a great time for it to emerge. Maybe between everything he might get a day in front of a judge.

At worst he needs to be hounded ala the lads from Stamford bridge, so he knows the contempt fans have for him. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:14pm
would love to hear from some of those feckin jokers that stick up for JD no matter what. the whole organisation was run horrifically and he was the root of it all for 20 years ffs
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
How can it have gotten this bad?
We’ve actually qualified for 2 of the last 5 tournaments (might make it 3 out of last 6 if we qualify next March).
Avg home attendance of 42,000 for this campaign.
Avg attendance 47,000 for 2018 campaign.
Avg attendance 44,000 for 2016 campaign.
There’s probably only 4 or 5 countries in the whole of UEFA that can beat that.
So plenty of money coming in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 539>
  Share Topic