You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

What's Foley's previous connection to the FAI? 

Was on the National League Executive Committee alongside JD in 2007. Dunno how close they were but those optics don't look good. Now Sarah Keane would have been on committees with Pat Hickey on the OCi and has sdone a fine job reforming that organisation regardless but even still... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 4:59pm
that board haven’t had an agm since 2014 and was an absolute joke of an organisation. Foley served 12 years on it. He’s also the former ceo of Waterford Crystal.  PAUL Cooke is objecting to his appointment according to the media.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 5:09pm
Absolutely agree its the lowest ebb, that funds for the disadvantaged were misappropriated.

Imagine there couldve actually been a lower ebb at this point

The only hope is that everything comes out in the wash

But I have an awful feeling it wont, games have been played, same auditors ffs are still been employed who know where all the skeletons are.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 5:27pm
There really is no words. People should be getting jail time, not in this country, they get promotions and severance packages instead. Sickening stuff. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 5:51pm
Everything that can be said has been said. No shame. Absolutely no shame. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 11:03am
As a member of an AAI club, I'd have mixed feelings about Foley, but on the whole, would welcome his appointment if he gets the nod.

When he took over Athletics Ireland, it had just had its own high profile departure of its previous chief executive, which culminated in a High Court case that ultimately settled with a significant cost to AAI and the Irish Sports Council.

As CEO of AAI, Foley saw club membership numbers increase and AAI focussed on developing events for mass participation and recreational runners. At the elite level, there were arguably a few missteps in terms of recruitment but ultimately, it'd be hard to say that Foley didn't leave the AAI in a better position than when he took over.

I've no idea of his ties to Delaney or his previous role in the FAI. As a sports administrator, he would be a relatively safe pair of hands. If cost cutting is required, his experience as chief of Waterford Crystal when it was in the doldrums should assist.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Some devotees in cults will always deny wrongdoing by their leader no matter what evidence is produced and no different with some of the devotees involved in the JD cult.  There was a rumour in Waterford that the Great Leader was going to invest in Waterford FC, I went on the Blues Supporters Club Facebook and questioned the validity of it.  I was abused by a poster who is very prominent in football media circles in Waterford using disgusting language and telling me where to go. This devotee of the Dear Leader refuses to believe any impropriety by the Dear Leader and there are many more like him. 

There's mainly only 2 local media lads promoting football around here, and I don't think personal abuse is the style of the older of the 2 fellas. The other lad might have achieved local prominence, but it will be a long time before he achieves any credibility LOL 

Ah sure ya would have to laugh in some ways, the BSC are a joke, bunch of mainly well intentioned idiots gone a bit power drunk on the fact that they are on first name terms with the owners son or some such and think they're club insiders as a result of that. Mind you, after worshipping one false God (JD) you would think they might have learned a lesson before quickly rowing in behind another one (LP), but that doesn't appear to be the case. 

I made the same mistake of commenting in public on the club twitter feed, got meself banned from their feed for a few weeks for retweeting their original JD support statement with a short ''That aged well lads, well done all'' statement of me own. Lackeys of all powerful deity won't accept even the mildest of criticism, where have we seen that one before ??. It'll end in much the same way too. Eventually. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 6:40am
FAI council members still respond with 'Do you think you could do better' when presented with any criticism of Delaney.

A child could have ran the FAI better.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:41am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:48pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:21pm

No no. He said death free by 2020.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:23pm

The FAI accounts
Image result for can of worms

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/delay-in-signing-off-fai-accounts-as-debt-set-to-surge-above-50million-38716317.html

Debt free by 2020ClapClap

The FAI accounts
Image result for can of worms

But sure the man hired Ruud  Dokter to justify the 50 mill of debt ClapClap
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:51am
more tough reading in the times today about Delaney’s tenure.

He paid Con Martin €500k for the John Giles Foundation concept. A foundation that has raised €700k in its lifetimeClap

Another article also suggests there are questions about where the money to his ex girlfriend actually ended up...

Edited by Pipkin - 24 Nov 2019 at 11:51am
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

more tough reading in the times today about Delaney’s tenure.

He paid Con Martin €500k for the John Giles Foundation concept. A foundation that has raised €700k in its lifetimeClap

Another article also suggests there are questions about where the money to his ex girlfriend actually ended up...

JD was well worth every penny of his 6 months pay while on gardening leave and his golden handshake from the FAI recently. There is absolutely no way this should have played out any other way. JD and the FAI Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:09pm
Foley set to step into breach and sort out FAI’s finances

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He looks like Georgie Burgess.

''I think I want to take care of you FAI'' 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He looks like Georgie Burgess.

''I think I want to take care of you FAI'' 

Are ye alright FAI ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 539>
  Share Topic