Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373374375376377 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Sure there's loads of companies willing to pay him €460k a year for his services. He was turning offers down left, right and centre because of his devotion to football in this country.  

You thinking of offering him a job Redd ? LOL

No matter what we all think this is Ireland and he will be working again within six months , now doing what is anyone guess .

Running buses to matches and nightclubs :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 4:30pm
Chairman of the Crisc !!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
There's already someone running buses but they could always use another driver. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:54pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 9:57pm
Has mcKenna always worked for the indo? 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 11:08pm
For all the excitable talk about JD, his payoff and the rest that goes with it, here's the real issue Irish football has. Indo went off to try get some revised opinions from all those who made support statements of JD, and this is what they had to say; 

The answers go from the predictable 'no comment' (New FAI, please meet Old FAI....) to 'not authorised by my own organisation to issue a comment without their consent' (a line JD himself would be proud of if he came up with it), while some did row back a little bit saying 'ah yeah, he did some good things and some bad things'. Of course, the Kerry gobsh*te who thinks he did nothing wrong still thinks that, and also reckons 'ah sure it's really only that LOI crowd that are complaining' 

This is worth a read, if only because it shows exactly why there will be no quick fixing of the FAI, in fact you would wonder if it will ever be fixed while these big dinner men and types like them remain the main powerbrokers at local level.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Hummmm for all those on the take they saw no wrong with JD even now while others have come out and said it was wrong what happened . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:47am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Shane Ross having a real go here.

Ignoring his past actions, or inactions, he is one of the only external parties that has sway in getting rid of Conway so for that reason and that reason only happy to see him stay interested.

Seems a very happy coincidence the Sun (former employer of one Cathal Dervan) keeps getting these scoops.. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:56am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

For all the excitable talk about JD, his payoff and the rest that goes with it, here's the real issue Irish football has. Indo went off to try get some revised opinions from all those who made support statements of JD, and this is what they had to say; 

The answers go from the predictable 'no comment' (New FAI, please meet Old FAI....) to 'not authorised by my own organisation to issue a comment without their consent' (a line JD himself would be proud of if he came up with it), while some did row back a little bit saying 'ah yeah, he did some good things and some bad things'. Of course, the Kerry gobsh*te who thinks he did nothing wrong still thinks that, and also reckons 'ah sure it's really only that LOI crowd that are complaining' 

This is worth a read, if only because it shows exactly why there will be no quick fixing of the FAI, in fact you would wonder if it will ever be fixed while these big dinner men and types like them remain the main powerbrokers at local level.

In a q&a with him last December that ended up with the Sun printing a story ‘I’m going nowhere’ he kicked off that meeting with those exact words ‘I have two young children’. The neck 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm

He's a snake, he emailed me this in January 

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the FAI.

The FAI, as the National Governing Body (NGB) for soccer in Ireland, is an independent, autonomous body. The tenure of Board members is a matter for the NGB itself. All NGBs are independent, autonomous bodies and are responsible for their own governance procedures.

The issues raised are operational and internal matters for the FAI and should be addressed to the FAI directly.

With best wishes
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 8:01pm

Thank you for your email re the above ,

National Governing Bodies of sport (NGBs) are independent, autonomous bodies in their own right with Board members who are responsible for exercising control and decisions taken.  Therefore the Irish Sports Council’s position is that the remuneration packages and salary levels of NGB Chief Executives are a matter for the NGBs Boards. 

With specific reference to the matter you raise re the FAI – the Council’s investment of €2.7m in the FAI is broadly aimed at encouraging and creating more opportunities for young people to participate in soccer across the country.  This funding is not allocated towards the Chief Executive’s salary.  The salary of the FAI’s Chief Executive is a matter for its Board, and the ISC has no role in relation to this matter.        
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

The FAI, as the National Governing Body (NGB) for soccer in Ireland, is an independent, autonomous body. The tenure of Board members is a matter for the NGB itself. All NGBs are independent, autonomous bodies and are responsible for their own governance procedures.

The issues raised are operational and internal matters for the FAI and should be addressed to the FAI directly.

With best wishes
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:25pm

With best wishes

You couldn’t make it up 

Having said that, the FAI are crying out for state funding to be restored for the good of football and they resort to these games we are so used to that does nothing but antagonize a man that holds a lot of the aces. The mind boggles 

Wasn’t Noel Rock’s text message to Delaney leaked a day before the Dail committee 

All too familiar
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:14am
Think Ross's article is just another round in the propaganda war, just letting the FAI and UEFA know where he stands in a very public manner. It isn't entirely unrelated to electioneering either, keeps his name in the papers, projecting the image of a tough talking politician taking no nonsense from the FAI. 

Whole subject will probably go quiet for a while until the reports are released, the next big things in the political world are the budget and the everlasting saga of Brexit, committees sand the like will have bigger things to worry about in next few weeks than the FAI.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:29am

With best wishes

Some disgruntled twit is rebutted in an email, big deal LOL 

Fans, ministers even women can change their mind Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
Noel Mooney drinking away with Irish fans last night, nothing learnt from his predecessor, nothing changed 
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:06am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

A good wind up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3175538995852830&set=gm.10157150709331281&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Aye, heard there's zero truth in it. Comments (while gas in their own way) are very reflective of the insularity that afflicts this city too. ''the most hated club in the country'' - nah, firstly, that's Shamrock Rovers, and secondly, ya usually have to win something, or multiple things, to be hated. What we are at the moment is more or less an irrelevance. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373374375376377 539>
  Share Topic