Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Either way, good riddance to him. Like many others here, I often wondered would we ever get rid of him as he survived one controversial incident after another - now the day has finally arrived. ClapParty

It'll matter when the flood of reports are issued and we see exactly how bad things are, and were allowed to get. We will then have the prospect of an undisclosed pension (that amount might be something Mr Delaney would call small money, but it wouldn't be small money to the majority on here) being paid to the person who will likely be found mostly responsible for said same issues. Delighted he's gone, but I'd like to see the cost of it before any major celebrations. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:12am
Nothing to celebrate with this announcement imo.
Would say it's v possible/likely he's wrangled his way out of this one in a way which ensures no one can come after him. 
Here we go again
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:18am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Nothing to celebrate with this announcement imo.
Would say it's v possible/likely he's wrangled his way out of this one in a way which ensures no one can come after him. 

It is corporate Ireland after all IM, I don't think too many of us expected much else. 

Great day for the new culture of transparency of the 'New' FAI it has to be said- release the news after the Sunday papers have gone to print, also at a time where the majority of the sports media are concentrating on the RWC. Their statement ends with ''Both parties have agreed not to comment further''. Sounds remarkably similar to the way the old FAI used to do things. I think we have a bit to go all the same....

Edited by deise316 - 29 Sep 2019 at 12:18am
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:19am
Delaney ought to be the subject of criminal proceedings. For him to think he can simply walk away from this, the only consequence being his bank account greatly enhanced, isn't nearly good enough.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The timing so that it won't come up front page news in tomorrow's papers LOL
The Irish Times Clap were running with the story that he was on his way out, the “new” fai obviously saw it and sped the announcement up 

It was the Sunday Times not the Irish times. Different company.
AKA pedantic kunt
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:55am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Either way, good riddance to him. Like many others here, I often wondered would we ever get rid of him as he survived one controversial incident after another - now the day has finally arrived. ClapParty

It'll matter when the flood of reports are issued and we see exactly how bad things are, and were allowed to get. We will then have the prospect of an undisclosed pension (that amount might be something Mr Delaney would call small money, but it wouldn't be small money to the majority on here) being paid to the person who will likely be found mostly responsible for said same issues. Delighted he's gone, but I'd like to see the cost of it before any major celebrations. 

There's bound to be a cost alright when all's said and done - and probably a quite substantial one to Irish football - but preferable surely to the ongoing cost if he was still the CEO (for God knows how long!), eg imagine he had won that injunction to stop that newspaper report being published about the loan he made to the FAI... Dead

Edited by ConorMac77 - 29 Sep 2019 at 12:59am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Delaney ought to be the subject of criminal proceedings. For him to think he can simply walk away from this, the only consequence being his bank account greatly enhanced, isn't nearly good enough.

I would be absolutely shocked if this deal didn't absolve him of everything. I'd be sick if they gave him a deal but v surprised if they didn't
Here we go again
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:39am

It's an absolute disgrace they are settling and paying him off. He's pocketed 200 grand in 6 months gardening leave and now is getting a pay off on top. For a man who effectively bankrupted the association. They are some f*cking shower in that FAI.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:41am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I would be absolutely shocked if this deal didn't absolve him of everything. I'd be sick if they gave him a deal but v surprised if they didn't

I've no doubt they gave him a deal. There's still plenty of them in there looking after him and each other. It is incredible to think that after what has gone on that any severance package is being paid. It's nothing short of disgusting.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:47am
Condolences to all of Ballybrack and Crisc on the fall of their leader.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:24am
I assume his position on the UEFA executive is also gone now. Unless there is anything more incriminating that will result in criminal charges, I’d say he”ll be running in the general election next year and will get loads of endorsements from his ‘grassroots’ supporters.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:55am
Great news that he’s gone but there’s still a serious whiff about the manner of it.  Given that he ran the organisation and the Board was completely incompetent, I would not be surprised if his contract was so one-sided that he could do pretty much what he liked. In that case misconduct is nearly impossible and  his employer ends up paying through the nose. 

Hope he’s gone from UEFA as well.  Wait and see on that one. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:32am

exactly my feelings why pay him off before the reports are published. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:03am
Paul Rowan saying pay off of 200k which is less than I expected. Still a disgrace though. 

If he was on the FAI pension scheme then he'd be entitled to his pension from whatever years service he had regardless. The fact it's mentioned would lead me to believe there's an enhanced element. 

We met Mooney and Dervan on Friday and there wasn't a peep this was in the offing. KOSI report due in two weeks, they may have wanted this done before then. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
Smells to the high heavens!! Delaney said before the Fai wasn’t paying his pension that he was looking after that himself ????
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:05am
one final heist for the road

For a man who loves football more than anyone, he certainly knows how to take money that could be spent on the the game

Sickening.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

It's an absolute disgrace they are settling and paying him off. He's pocketed 200 grand in 6 months gardening leave and now is getting a pay off on top. For a man who effectively bankrupted the association. They are some f*cking shower in that FAI.

You obviously have an in-depth knowledge of the legalities of this Confused
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
Nobody can be anyway near happy with this outcome, he has just been rewarded for fckin the association, looks like another oul pals act, Sure there you go John one last big wedge for ya to for oul Times sake and sure don’t worry about it we can put it down to a bad experience and sure both you and the association can just move on now away with ya now and enjoy your I’ll gotten gains with a clean conscience 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 539>
  Share Topic