You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Don't think Tennis Balls would work again.

1 - Stewards will be more wise to it this time around.
2 - Players (and fans who initially opposed first Tennis Ball protest) just about tolerated it last time, but we are really pushing it if we interfere with the game itself again.
3 - It would come across as unoriginal and won't get the same coverage or sentiment.

I applaud those who orchestrated the TB protest and trust ye to deliver again at the Swiss match, whatever form it might take.
Yeah, I fully agree with this. 

We know the modus operandi of the FAI now. Tell everyone they can protest however they like. Come matchday, heavy handed stewarding (both home and away - still don't know how they managed to clear that with local FAs) is the norm. 

This is the correct way to go about it. Previously, they knew from fans online that protests would take place, and they could hush it up. If we get coverage from the media (and no doubt there will be many interested parties in it who have been threatened by Delaney legally) of exactly what the protest will be, what banners will be brought in, how its not in contravention of any laws of the ground etc, then that'll put the pressure on. Video any time a steward attempts to take the banners off people.

By this stage, Delaney and his cartel have pissed off not only their friends in the media, but also managed to piss off people who werent covering the story so intently before. We need to make it impossible for them to silence and deflect.

In fainness, the stewarding was fine at the Georgia game despite all the talk of protests beforehand and was also grand at the Georgia game so that's not really fair comment at this point in time. It was up until then.

We've consistently pointed out what's acceptable and what's not to them and that appears to have finally been heeded. 

Same at the away games in Gibraltar and in Denmark. There's no comparison with what went on previously.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You won't get people to stay out for the first ten minutes of the game. 

sure half the people that sit near me never make it in for the start of the game as it is

If it was well publicised beforehand it could possibly work, particularly if it was concentrated in a specific area such as 114, with a small number staying behind with banners.

wexford bohs View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexford bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:47pm
The reason the tennis balls worked was because it was simple to do, almost impossible for stewards to police and was live on tv for everyone to see. Protest at the Swiss game has to something to get maximum attention and maximum embarrassment for rhe FAI

Suggestions of a protest march are pointless as it will get very little media coverage bar the odd photo and paragrapgh in the odd paper the next day. Refusing to take seats or staying silent is also pointless given Ireland games never sell out and the majority of Irish football fans only make noise at away games and/or tournaments when they're pissed.

People worried about the effect on the team need to look at the bigger picture. Donal Conway and his colleagues are setting Irish football back years with their refusal to resign. What Delaney and the FAI have done to LOI football in particular is a disgrace. Only with a complete restructing and without any of the old guard can Irish football move forward. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:32pm
Any streakers among yiz? Bit of body art alluding to the Fai and JD on the front and a W on each cheek of your arse. That’ll make the papers.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:32pm
Blah blah blah
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

And he's still being paid by the FAI. Just let that sink in.

And rightly so. 
Have you read what could happen if they stop paying him?
They need to find legal grounds to dismiss him so must thread very carefullt.
Otherwise he walks with 2-3 million.

I understand why. It's just sickening to think he's still extracting more money from the association with the recurring revelations from Tighe and Rowan.

It certainly is. On a brighter note, he is leaking a lot of money with divorce etc

There is no brighter note here. It is f*cking scandalous that John Delaney is being paid for months now. The amount of evidence there to sack him is incredible going by the leaks. Remember now the FAI have every bit of information available to them from those leaks and much much more no doubt.

All the FAI have done for months is play for time. It's disgusting to watch. Delaney could and should have been sacked in a far shorter timeframe. 

The only bright note here will be if certain people end up on criminal charges and doing a bit of time when found guilty. 

All leaks have to be rock solid.  There is a legal process here that takes time whether we like it or not. 
They f**k it up, he gets 3million. 
I would say this is a lot more complex than simply f**king him out straight away. Delaney will pull every legal stroke in the book. 

You can guarantee that if anything comes out of the ODCE investigations that anything that isn't rock solid will be used as a defence as well. It'll be claimed as prejudicial.

The FAI have every single bit of information available to them. Every leak from the minutes, the credit card data, the payments to all sorts of people attached to John Delaney. Nobody is saying that they needed to sack him within 24 hours with no golden handshake at the time he was put on gardening leave. 

It is absolute nonsense though that months later, and with no doubt countless pieces of information available to the FAI that would merit sacking someone, they are still paying that spiv. I'm well aware of dotting your i's and crossing your t's when it comes to work related issues. This situation is utter b*ollox though, it should never be taking this long. 

Btw, what is deemed an acceptable time frame for his removal? This is the FAI playing for time, angling not to implicate certain remaining board members no doubt when all reports are finally published and they do remove Delaney for whatever reason of their choosing (there are numerous reasons to sack him but plenty probably implicate other FAI spivs and we wouldn't want that now).
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:14am
Do people think the whole board should be replaced or 1 or 2 remain. At the moment we have 8 remaining which I think anyone right thinking person thinks is a joke.  

Should it be a complete clear out or retain 1/2 board members and if so which members.
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Any streakers among yiz? Bit of body art alluding to the Fai and JD on the front and a W on each cheek of your arse. That’ll make the papers.

I nominate greenforever
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:15am

And rightly so. 

I understand why. It's just sickening to think he's still extracting more money from the association with the recurring revelations from Tighe and Rowan.

It certainly is. On a brighter note, he is leaking a lot of money with divorce etc

There is no brighter note here. It is f*cking scandalous that John Delaney is being paid for months now. The amount of evidence there to sack him is incredible going by the leaks. Remember now the FAI have every bit of information available to them from those leaks and much much more no doubt.

All the FAI have done for months is play for time. It's disgusting to watch. Delaney could and should have been sacked in a far shorter timeframe. 

The only bright note here will be if certain people end up on criminal charges and doing a bit of time when found guilty. 

All leaks have to be rock solid.  There is a legal process here that takes time whether we like it or not. 
I would say this is a lot more complex than simply f**king him out straight away. Delaney will pull every legal stroke in the book. 

You can guarantee that if anything comes out of the ODCE investigations that anything that isn't rock solid will be used as a defence as well. It'll be claimed as prejudicial.

The FAI have every single bit of information available to them. Every leak from the minutes, the credit card data, the payments to all sorts of people attached to John Delaney. Nobody is saying that they needed to sack him within 24 hours with no golden handshake at the time he was put on gardening leave. 

It is absolute nonsense though that months later, and with no doubt countless pieces of information available to the FAI that would merit sacking someone, they are still paying that spiv. I'm well aware of dotting your i's and crossing your t's when it comes to work related issues. This situation is utter b*ollox though, it should never be taking this long. 

Btw, what is deemed an acceptable time frame for his removal? This is the FAI playing for time, angling not to implicate certain remaining board members no doubt when all reports are finally published and they do remove Delaney for whatever reason of their choosing (there are numerous reasons to sack him but plenty probably implicate other FAI spivs and we wouldn't want that now).

Apparently they owe him money too. That could be another issue. If they sack him they would have to stump up money either way it seems. 

Also, how far was he acting outside of his contract terms? Even though there are various ludicrous stories coming out and still to come I’m sure, are they really outside his contract remit/company policies? Only the legal department in FAI would know that. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:31am

And rightly so. 

Whats your legal background Hans?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:37am
Anyone with a basic knowledge of employment law knows why the Fai are acting the way they are doing at the moment. All the reports have to be completed before they move and I’d be shocked if the fraud squad, revenue and cab weren’t brought in after ocde report,
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Anyone with a basic knowledge of employment law knows why the Fai are acting the way they are doing at the moment. All the reports have to be completed before they move and I’d be shocked if the fraud squad, revenue and cab weren’t brought in after ocde report,
Or the Irish Way - a Tribunal.

More white collar corruption.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Or the Irish Way - a Tribunal.

More white collar corruption.

I hope not another Barrister fattening exercise, now where did we hear that before? um..
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:21am
I doubt very much if there’ll be a tribunal with what is in the public domain as it is. There will be a lot of people dreading the knock on the door and allegedly some have already received a “Visit” .
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I nominate greenforever
I would rather see you in the nip Baldie Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:46pm
Steady on there Murph!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And rightly so. 

Whats your legal background Hans?

You need a legal background now to see what's gone on here LOL

Ok. Let's take 1 of probably about 100 sackable offences. Let's take the money given to Susan Keegan is it? An ex of Delaney who claims to have never received or know about any such money. Now from memory, there were only 2-3 people required to sign off on that money being paid to Miss Keegan, the former treasurer and Delaney being the main ones involved that okayed it.

Are you telling me that it takes 4-5 months to find out the truth behind that single payment? Are you telling me that if Delaney or others refuse to answer why that payment was made that it isn't grounds for sacking?

I will ask again. How long is acceptable that John Delaney is left on the payroll at the FAI? Getting paid 30 grand a week. It is despicable.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
He’s not on €30k a week ffs . Nothing will be done until all reports are in and the least jd is looking at is the sack . No point in having an unfair dismissal case against the Fai which will fail unless everything is down in black and white. Employment appeals usually find in favour of employee unless .....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 539>
  Share Topic