You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:53am
The FAI were Delaney's donkey.

Delaney's Donkey:
'Now Delaney had a donkey that everyone admired
Temporarily lazy and permanently tired
A leg at every corner balancing his head
And a tail to let you know which end he wanted to be fed'
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:57am
Part of me thinks Id rather UEFA didnt step in and the FAI was disbanded with a  veiw to build a new organisation again. Same after a revolution in a country generally things start afresh again with a clean bill of health before they get rotten again.

I did suggest the GAA take over and got rightly sl*gged off for it. Or the IFA and same same, but I actually trust them more than I do the FAI reforming themselves over the long term. 2 associations with a dislike for football in the republic, could actually do a better job of running it than the FAI themselves. Just think of that.

However with jobs on the line maybe its better UEFA step in
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

FAI in crisis: €10m safety net on table

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fai-in-crisis-10m-safety-net-on-table-38116838.html

That's JD's payoff sorted so
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

That's JD's payoff sorted so

first thing i thought as well LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:06am
Tbf we should be booted out of uefa/fifa competitions for two years. Its unfair that we are being propped up by uefa while continuing to pay top dollar to our mnt manager. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:21am
Surely our Honorary Life President would be happy to stump up the cash for our manager?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf we should be booted out of uefa/fifa competitions for two years. Its unfair that we are being propped up by uefa while continuing to pay top dollar to our mnt manager. 

The frauds who ran our game including Jd , The Board and both councils Are the ones who should suffer and be made an example of with jail terms.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Part of me thinks Id rather UEFA didnt step in and the FAI was disbanded with a  veiw to build a new organisation again. Same after a revolution in a country generally things start afresh again with a clean bill of health before they get rotten again.

I did suggest the GAA take over and got rightly sl*gged off for it. Or the IFA and same same, but I actually trust them more than I do the FAI reforming themselves over the long term. 2 associations with a dislike for football in the republic, could actually do a better job of running it than the FAI themselves. Just think of that.

Why would the GAA or the IRFU even consider that? They don't care about the FAI and want their brands associated with that rotten organisation as little as possible. Both are organisations run correctly with the top dog in each getting very moderate salaries compared to the top dog in the FAI. Which ultimately means a lot more money going to grass routes over the years. 

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The frauds who ran our game including Jd , The Board and both councils Are the ones who should suffer and be made an example of with jail terms.
Exactly. Why should players and fans be effectively penalised? They weren't the ones cooking the books or feathering their own nests at everyone else' expense. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Why would the GAA or the IRFU even consider that? They don't care about the FAI and want their brands associated with that rotten organisation as little as possible. Both are organisations run correctly with the top dog in each getting very moderate salaries compared to the top dog in the FAI. Which ultimately means a lot more money going to grass routes over the years. 

What type of salary does the top dog in the GAA get? I didn’t think that sort of information was public knowledge.

The GAA are undoubtedly a more professional organisation than the FAI (that wouldn’t be hard) and know how to generate a large income, but I’m not sure they have the level of integrity or transparency that some might perceive them to have.

royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:43pm

I think you will find more underhand payments in the gaa than anything ,it's well hidden though , the thing is they aren't really accountable to anyone , some of those county managers are on six figure salaries and more , but it never gets talked about and Nobody cares! 
royal rover
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:51pm
What about getting the church in to run it? They have been dealing with cover-ups and scandals for years and as a business have been very professional. I would also imagine they have a keen interest in our underage teams.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I think you will find more underhand payments in the gaa than anything ,it's well hidden though , the thing is they aren't really accountable to anyone , some of those county managers are on six figure salaries and more , but it never gets talked about and Nobody cares! 

Its going on in GAA at every level. Average club teams in Louth paying 10,000-15,000 a year on managers/coaches
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:08pm
So John "a few Bob for the rent" O'Regan of the Kerry League and an FAI Council member is still praising JD.  How many more revelations have to come out about JD before the penny drops.

Edited by ontheball - 16 May 2019 at 1:36pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

cheers Dave .Explained like that yeh makes sense

Big issue I have is with their use of the word coownership over and over again. It's a typical JD use of words. It's suggests everything is split between fai and irfu. When essentially it isn't

Also we will never find out the exact detail of the contract I'm sure and I'd be surprised if it's not in the irfus favour

But it is split as they are co-owners.

Any events, use of corporate suites, concerts, basically anything outside of football/rugby matches is split between the associations.

So the deal is that the FAI get football revenue, the IRFU get rugby revenue and all other revenue is split 50/50? That seems a fair enough deal. I'm guessing that was at the IRFU's behest, given that they probably generate more revenue than the FAI do. They are basically guaranteed five or six full houses each calendar year, between the Six Nations, Autumn internationals and one or two big Leinster games. It's more than the FAI and the IRFU were the ones with the whip hand when the deal was being done back in 2005 or thereabouts.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

What type of salary does the top dog in the GAA get? I didn’t think that sort of information was public knowledge.

The GAA are undoubtedly a more professional organisation than the FAI (that wouldn’t be hard) and know how to generate a large income, but I’m not sure they have the level of integrity or transparency that some might perceive them to have.

As I understand it, and as I think is general knowledge, is that they are employed on secondment. President, or whatever the title is, is a position appointed following an election. However, it is a full time role and is generally filled by people who were previously volunteers and who have other jobs. The role is for, I think, three years only. While in the role, they continue to receive their salary from their own job but the GAA reimburse the employer for that period.

So, for example, if you are elected for a three year term but have a job that pays you €75,000 grand a year as a head teacher (sake of argument), the GAA will pay your school or the department or whoever €75k each year and you will continue to receive your salary as normal, plus (from the GAA) whatever expenses are necessarily incurred as part of the job as President. That was certainly the position when Christy Cooney was president, as reflected here: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cooney-defends-presidential-pay-152683.html

Now, there are full time staff in the GAA, and I don't know what the salary of the most senior person there is. I think Paraic Duffy was in a full time role there as some sort of director (Director General I believe); I think he is left now & I don't know what his salary was and I think that is not public knowledge. The structure is somewhat different from the FAI's however, and the President of the GAA certainly has more power than the Chairman of the Board of the FAI, which is probably the closest comparable position. The closest role to Delaney's is probably the role Duffy had, but that probably has less power than the role Delaney had post-Genesis.

So, in short, the salary of the Director General of the GAA does not appear to be public knowledge but the salary of the President is the same as whatever it was in their job before they were President. It's not comparing like with like but it does give some idea.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:51pm
The Director General salary was published and compared with IRFU and FAI knowledge by Vincent Hogan in the Indo not too long ago around sh*t hit the fan for Delaney
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:17pm
Both of them were around the €125,000 to €150,000 range about a he same jd would spend on his Fai cc every 18 months.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 539>
  Share Topic