Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:41pm
Basically the discrepancies that were found are not related to the 100k loan and the fai had seven days to correct the matter and didn't so they lodged a H4 with the CRO. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3998261/fai-complaint-not-related-john-delaney-loan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
This has the potential to be massive
What is it?
It's the Sun the only truth in it is the date.  Why real football fans buy it or visit their website  is beyond me and I hate Liverpool.  But what that rag did in the aftermath  of Hillsborough should be unforgivable to football fans as it was an attack on us and our culture.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3998261/fai-complaint-not-related-john-delaney-loan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
What is it?
It's the Sun the only truth in it is the date.  Why real football fans buy it or visit their website  is beyond me and I hate Liverpool.  But what that rag did in the aftermath  of Hillsborough should be unforgivable to football fans as it was an attack on us and our culture.
Which is why I asked instead of clicking on the link. I would also be sceptical of anything they print or publish.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:48pm

What is it?
I'd agree with you on most of what you say Missy and I am one who will not buy the sun, however they have some good sports reporters working for their Irish Edition. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:54pm

The H4 document filed by Deloitte to the Companies Registration Office this week instead involves concerns over newer developments in 2018 or 2019.

It  means the FAI may face garda and financial regulator probes for failing to rectify their accounts within a seven-day notice period.

We have also learned the matters of interests do not involve sums promised to a football club.

At the Oireachtas committee hearings last week Noel Rock TD asked association President Donal Conway whether Dundalk FC were the creditors for whom John Delaney wrote a “bridging loan” cheque in April 2017.

The FAI declined to comment on the identity of the creditor.

‘SOMETHING BIGGER THAN €100,000 CHEQUE’

A well-placed source told the Irish Sun: “The auditors have raised something new with the FAI, and something potentially big. There could be something bigger than a €100,000 cheque.

“It is not about liabilities to a football club. The spend within football is all legitimate. It is about the current or previous accounting period (2018/19), and this failure could amount to a prosecution on indictment or summary prosecution.

The worst may be yet to come.”

It’s understood the Delaney cheque — which was repaid in June 2017 — was not a current concern from an accounting perspective, so that’s not what could give rise to an offence in this instance.

The Deloitte H4 document lodged with CRO states the FAI has contravened two sections of the Companies Act 2014.

It reported the football body on April 12, insisting the FAI has not kept proper accounts.

Once the H4 is sent to the CRO, a notice is usually given to the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement.

HUGELY SIGNIFICANT

Deloitte must now furnish the ODCE with the relevant documents which triggered their concerns if asked to do so.

A source explained: “The H4 is filed when you become aware a company isn’t keeping proper records. You must have direct evidence, it can’t be through media reports. Under company law an auditor is required to report to the ODCE any breach of certain sections of company law and any persons found guilty of these breaches can be prosecuted for a summary or indictable offence.

“If during the course of an audit an auditor became aware of this then they’d have to ask the FAI to rectify this, and give them seven days to do so.

“If they don’t, they lodge a H4 with the CRO. That’s what happened here.

“They have given the FAI seven days to rectify the issue and the FAI haven’t done it.”

Renowned corporate governance expert, Professor Niamh Brennan, insists the H4 filing is hugely significant.

She told RTE: “In terms of the seriousness as far as a director is concerned, it does not get more serious than that.”

The ODCE came under fire for its handling of the Anglo Irish Bank/Seanie Fitzpatrick probe, boss Ian Drennan admitting in February the “wheels came off.”

A source added: “The ODCE have egg on face after Anglo so need to come out and show this is being done right. Evidence has to be taken quickly and effectively. They can’t be slow.”

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:55pm
Unfortunately for them  they are tarred with the same brush.
A bit like peoples views that anyone who ever served on am FAI board no matter how good that they were should not be let on the new one.
I could not name any journalist that write it as I dont read it
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:04pm
Every board member since 2001 will be dreading the knock on the door no one can claim ignorance and there’s a lot on both councils who are up to their necks in it.

Anyone who stood up to the Delaney cabal were belittled, lied about and threatened . There is also a spotlight on certain employees who were in the inner circle.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:21pm
Delaney et al. could find their timing awful here. The Big 4 got awful publicity re the banks, the ODCE even worse. Now here is a client of little value, hated by the public.  If there is wrongdoing then it's a win win for the ODCE / Deloitte etc to be seen to take a hard line.

Edited by rebelbrowser - 18 Apr 2019 at 1:22pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:30pm

A bit like peoples views that anyone who ever served on am FAI board no matter how good that they were should not be let on the new one.

Tarring with the same brush is unfair otherwise one could think that anyone who joined a supporters clubs is a .......
AKA pedantic kunt
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Delaney et al. could find their timing awful here. The Big 4 got awful publicity re the banks, the ODCE even worse. Now here is a client of little value, hated by the public.  If there is wrongdoing then it's a win win for the ODCE / Deloitte etc to be seen to take a hard line.

Very good point. To go a step further, it's a client that probably won't even exist in another few months, a rebrand is surely going to be part of the restructure plan, so they will likely get a complete (and deserved) hammering. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:43pm
we will miss him when he's gone LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Was just thinking that. He's a perfect sacrificial lamb for them. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
didn't Bohs have a football community scheme setup with prisoners in the Joy? hopefully former FAI officials won't infiltrate it
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
Re-branding the Irish way.

Mmmm look at NAMA.

Dodgy gangster developers are all back in business ripping off the tax-payers again.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

You can always visit him in the Joy
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

hopefully Missy will log out soonBig smile
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Tarring with the same brush is unfair otherwise one could think that anyone who joined a supporters clubs is a .......

😂😂 it ha been implied 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:52pm
That Sun article is from Neil Cotter. 
I find it baffling that anyone with an interest in this story is not following his articles 

He has been superb

Edited by The GerK - 18 Apr 2019 at 2:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 539>
  Share Topic