Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:32pm
He resigned as ceo and made a big thing about not looking for a severance payment. Nobody knows did he sign a new contract for his executive Vice President.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He resigned as ceo and made a big thing about not looking for a severance payment. Nobody knows did he sign a new contract for his executive Vice President.
I mentioned it here on Monday - according to that day's Irish Daily Star, there wasn't a contract signed.  LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:40pm
I don't understand this. If he is no longer CEO then there is no severance package for that. If he is vice executive president as seems to be the case from 3 weeks ago then he is entitled to a much reduced severence package, or none at all (as there should be some sort of probation period)  or none at all as he may not have signed a contract.
cinelli View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
Statutory redundancy is capped (afaik) at 2 weeks per years service and €550 per week. So based on c. 16 years β€œservice” he would only be entitled to c. 18k.
I think we’d all be happy to see the back of him for that relatively modest sum.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:50pm
Might be a payback not payout πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:51pm
Sure, when did the FAI ever do anything we could understand!? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:03pm
He may not have signed a new contract, but did the fai get his resignation of ceo in writing? 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:06pm
A lower severance package is the least of his worries lads.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Just put up a question on their Facebook(BSC) basically asking will they be  distancing themselves  from the statement of Lee Power of two weeks ago.

Good luck with that. Questioned it meself, got a fairly rambling reply that contained references to the tennis ball protest, JD not good but no worse than corrupt Swiss & Italian Uefa officials, as well as mentioning that there were worse things happening politically in real life etc. To be quite honest, I would have been confident of shredding the arguments in it to pieces without any great difficulty, but just sent the admin chap (who I know reasonably well) a message instead saying I had no wish to continue the argument in public, left FB group & will leave it at that. 

My views weren't picking up that much traction anyway to say the very least, and I left before the chances of getting involved in an argument with some lads who, a few weeks ago, were espousing a theory that the plastic seats they had broken in their own section of the stand were made of weaker plastic than the seats elsewhere, thus easier to accidentally break. Despite exactly zero plastic seats being broken elsewhere in the ground. That's a classic, ya should look it up. 

Don't see meself back at the RSC unless that statement is retracted (not redacted Scientist, that's a different fella...........) , or re-addressed with a different slant in light of more recent events, none of which I see actually happening either. Some mates said I was protesting Delaney, or Power, the fact is I'm not protesting about either of them whatsoever, or their mutual high opinions of each other. 

Power put out a statement supporting JD/FAI in the club's name, not his own. Either you believe owner = club, (or owners money = club) or club =owner, fans, players, manager, sponsors, volunteers, ticket sellers, security lads, ambulance staff etc. I believe in the last one, and believe he had no right to speak for the club as a whole, especially regarding an issue as contentious as FAI/Delaney. That's my only issue, what he privately thinks of JD/FAI, or even publically thinks of JD/FAI as Lee Power the individual is none of my concern whatsoever, even if I would likely disagree with that opinion. Putting forward his opinion as that of the club- I can't do anything about that other than no longer be a part of the club, even if I was only a small, insignificant part of it in the first place. 

All that aside, as Scientist pointed out in his post, the response he got was that none of 500 blues SC members had a single word to say about it. That fairly boggled what's left of me brains, it has been the number one subject in news headlines for a week, every media outlet carrying the story, even updating it by the hour, live tweeting committee meetings, women in work who wouldn't know a football if it hit them on the head asking me, as a football fan, what's the story with the FAI, it made the BBC football website, D69 has become a multi media superstar on the back of it, nearly every football fan in the country has something to say on it, but the only lads with no opinion at all on it are Waterford fans. 

I'm that disillusioned with the whole lot that I don't even think I'll even miss it that much to be honest, hurling season back on in a few weeks, and at least I know some fraction of me money will go toward the new stadium in Walsh Park, and not to support another identikit JD/FAI lackey of the type that has been castigated all round this week. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm sure come 03 May we will see his squirmy smirk and 1000 handshakes around Tallaght area. He's still being protected by FAI so that 17s will go to plan and his UEFA position still in tact. He's still not gone !!!

I would see it slightly different - If they want to get rid of him now then they'd have to pay him off. He's obviously not going to resign and leave with nothing so I think the FAI are waiting to see what the investigations show up and when he can then be dismissed without pay. 

Agreed. As much as everyone wants him gone asap, if the cost of him staying on until the investigation is complete is that he gets kicked out the door without a penny (aside from what he will earn in the meantime), I'm happy enough with that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Just put up a question on their Facebook(BSC) basically asking will they be  distancing themselves  from the statement of Lee Power of two weeks ago.

Good luck with that. Questioned it meself, got a fairly rambling reply that contained references to the tennis ball protest, JD not good but no worse than corrupt Swiss & Italian Uefa officials, as well as mentioning that there were worse things happening politically in real life etc. To be quite honest, I would have been confident of shredding the arguments in it to pieces without any great difficulty, but just sent the admin chap (who I know reasonably well) a message instead saying I had no wish to continue the argument in public, left FB group & will leave it at that. 

My views weren't picking up that much traction anyway to say the very least, and I left before the chances of getting involved in an argument with some lads who, a few weeks ago, were espousing a theory that the plastic seats they had broken in their own section of the stand were made of weaker plastic than the seats elsewhere, thus easier to accidentally break. Despite exactly zero plastic seats being broken elsewhere in the ground. That's a classic, ya should look it up. 

Don't see meself back at the RSC unless that statement is retracted (not redacted Scientist, that's a different fella...........) , or re-addressed with a different slant in light of more recent events, none of which I see actually happening either. Some mates said I was protesting Delaney, or Power, the fact is I'm not protesting about either of them whatsoever, or their mutual high opinions of each other. 

Power put out a statement supporting JD/FAI in the club's name, not his own. Either you believe owner = club, (or owners money = club) or club =owner, fans, players, manager, sponsors, volunteers, ticket sellers, security lads, ambulance staff etc. I believe in the last one, and believe he had no right to speak for the club as a whole, especially regarding an issue as contentious as FAI/Delaney. That's my only issue, what he privately thinks of JD/FAI, or even publically thinks of JD/FAI as Lee Power the individual is none of my concern whatsoever, even if I would likely disagree with that opinion. Putting forward his opinion as that of the club- I can't do anything about that other than no longer be a part of the club, even if I was only a small, insignificant part of it in the first place. 

All that aside, as Scientist pointed out in his post, the response he got was that none of 500 blues SC members had a single word to say about it. That fairly boggled what's left of me brains, it has been the number one subject in news headlines for a week, every media outlet carrying the story, even updating it by the hour, live tweeting committee meetings, women in work who wouldn't know a football if it hit them on the head asking me, as a football fan, what's the story with the FAI, it made the BBC football website, D69 has become a multi media superstar on the back of it, nearly every football fan in the country has something to say on it, but the only lads with no opinion at all on it are Waterford fans. 

I'm that disillusioned with the whole lot that I don't even think I'll even miss it that much to be honest, hurling season back on in a few weeks, and at least I know some fraction of me money will go toward the new stadium in Walsh Park, and not to support another identikit JD/FAI lackey of the type that has been castigated all round this week. 

well said Deise316 and i note the mistake Embarrassed

the response to ontheball's post is typical of what you stated above Deise316. the admin you engaged with even agrees with the post. EmbarrassedConfused 
the post states "While i cant speak for Lee Power, neither can Lee Power speak for the BSC. There is no need for the BSC to distance themselves from any statement that they did not make, even if they disagree there is no call for them to answer as a group for a statement made by a businessman on behalf of his company" - Paul Coleman

below is a link to the post we are discussing and sure leave a comment.....

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:27am
YES it would but away from the pitch. At front doors in front of Tallaght Stadium where UEFA VIPs come in/out. Everyone throw €5 on ground to show what HE doing with our money. Then someone responsible collect it up for charity after. Good visual
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:41am

Might be a payback not payout πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

When the previous CEO Byrne was oused for (no s*****ring at the back there) for inproper use of the credit card which came to a very modest sum. A sum which was enough for the right unhounarable gentleman John Delaney to get him pushed out of his job 

So will there be payments back to the FAI, IF there is (as everyone suspects) terrible misuse of the credit cards by several staff? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:06pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:10pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3998261/fai-complaint-not-related-john-delaney-loan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
This has the potential to be massive. 
What is it?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:40pm
I’ve told you all before the tip of the iceberg lads and no way can the investigation be for the last few years it has to be the whole 18 years .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 539>
  Share Topic