You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
The 2 lads who resigned are both 79 LOLLOLLOLLOL. Fukcing jokeshop. The state of them.

Edited by KING-CON - 15 Apr 2019 at 6:14pm
Sponsored Links

ed_1982 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed_1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:15pm
infuriating but hopefully a full sport ireland audit (which was the main news until about 15 mins ago and may get lost in this latest fiasco) is the final hurdle now and there no way back for him.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
Delaney will be back once the reviews find he done nothing wrong after everything will be pinned on Cody and Murray.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
Smart move again, he is buying time and time is all he needs, Cody and old man Murray have taken the hit! JD will do his purgatory and be back as bold as ever and to settle some more scores again! Its his Baby remember and he wont be giving it up!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
its how you would go about sacking someone rather than doing a deal with them imho. This is due process. If investigations show what we suspect then no golden handshake for JD.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
The Fai statement says internal investigation which no one will accept.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ed_1982 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed_1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

its how you would go about sacking someone rather than doing a deal with them imho. This is due process. If investigations show what we suspect then no golden handshake for JD.

this.....everybody is assuming he will snake his way back in, i think its as good as over already and he is a goner. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:30pm

Agree here. He may want a massive payoff. Thislooks like a clever move from the baord.
Let more come out and then no pay off. 

Delaney will try everything to stay as long as he can. It's all about move to UEFA
ed_1982 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed_1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The Fai statement says internal investigation which no one will accept.

they will have no choice. theres going to be a full audit/public enquiry announced tomorrow which will probably be done by PWC or Deloitte and be done quickly. 

another 400k down the drain because of 1 man tho :(
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:34pm
Would agree. There's no way he'll ever be involved with the FAI again. It's just a matter of when he goes, and how much he can pocket. Hopefully everything comes out and the FAI don't have to give him another cent.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:34pm
does he still keep his salary as executive VP? 
royal rover
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:38pm
Can't break the rules if you made them.

Surely it's the end of him but unsatisfactory by them again
Here we go again
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Would agree. There's no way he'll ever be involved with the FAI again. It's just a matter of when he goes, and how much he can pocket. Hopefully everything comes out and the FAI don't have to give him another cent.
Hope your right

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Agree here. He may want a massive payoff. Thislooks like a clever move from the baord.
Let more come out and then no pay off. 

Delaney will try everything to stay as long as he can. It's all about move to UEFA

I'd agree with this. Legally, they have to approach this using correct processes and procedures (which will be new to the organisation). I'd hope that any pay-off would have to be presented within Sport Ireland's investigation, and could be vetoed if the FAI try to give him one (I'm not sure if that would be classed as state inteference though).

I do think this is the sensible approach from the board and is just a case of him digging his heels in, rather than the board submitting to his demands one final time.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I think this is how it's going to go down too. The FAI probably wanted him to resign, he is hanging on for dear life for his UEFA gig and they can't actually sack him (he probably threatened with the lawyers) so he has 'voluntarily stepped aside' for now. Even he can't come back from this. Imagine the uproar from fans, media, government etc if he was reinstated. He's done, he is just hanging on for the severance package now
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:52pm
Personally I see this as just a case of JD satisfying his ego a bit longer. Don't think there is a danger he might actually get away with this.....touch wood.

The covering themselves from a legal stand point is the logical angle to look at this. This is surely the case considering JD had his personal solicitor at an FAI board meeting with him today. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 15 Apr 2019 at 6:54pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:53pm
Absolutely incredible how greedy one can be.

He's been on obscene wages for two decades, expenses paid for, additional bonuses on top and the organisations funds used as his own bank account. How effing greedy can one man actually be?

He could walk into a number of cushy jobs with FF or elsewhere yet still he clings on.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

What’s in the papers and public is the tip-off the iceberg lads. The whole board has to go no deals for anyone until after a full forensic audit of The 18 years jd was involved. Revenue and cab will be very interested as well. 

No way non disclosures or pay offs being agreed by anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if deal were agreed on Saturday with pay-offs and NDA's and yesterday's further revelations have thrown a spanner in the works. You have to be incredibly careful with these things. 

I'm very familiar with a case where a CEO won a case in the labour court for the manner in which he was dismissed despite his conduct while in charge being absolutely slaughtered by the judge. Every process has to be followed to the letter. It's far more complex than most of here would realise and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone.  Rest of the board were all eased out and all paid off to go. It was a pure clusterfcuk. 

This is the case I was talking about earlier, I was working in there at the time. I was running the union in the aftermath of it and it was horrific what went on in that company. Hundreds of redundancies as a result. 

The more I think of it the more it looks like they could be looking to go through due process to avoid pay off. I don't think the public reaction will be measured though.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273 539>
  Share Topic