You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 265266267268269 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Can't see why it was deleted Confused A bit of a difference between that and the posts ybig got in trouble for before 

In work, don't have time to monitor this all day. You post something, someone else interprets that post as open season, another post goes up, etc, etc. Staying away from mentioning that individual is a safer option for everyone. Not engaging in any other debate on this with you or anyone else. Cheers.

Good man Deise. 

I've had to delete a lot of posts from regular posters that want to write some insult or other Confused

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:27pm
f**k you, you car-wash ****! I had a dental appointment!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:41pm
So it looks like it's the end of the road for JD at some stage today , now will the board somehow survive or if one or two of them go will the rest follow ?
Far too much in the media as they are picking at the bones what has been buried for many years and now it's open season .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So it looks like it's the end of the road for JD at some stage today , now will the board somehow survive or if one or two of them go will the rest follow ?
Far too much in the media as they are picking at the bones what has been buried for many years and now it's open season .
On this day 1912 the titanic finally went down Wink
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
What’s in the papers and public is the tip-off the iceberg lads. The whole board has to go no deals for anyone until after a full forensic audit of The 18 years jd was involved. Revenue and cab will be very interested as well. 

No way non disclosures or pay offs being agreed by anyone.

Edited by gufct - 15 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

What’s in the papers and public is the tip-off the iceberg lads. The whole board has to go no deals for anyone until after a full forensic audit of The 18 years jd was involved. Revenue and cab will be very interested as well. 

No way non disclosures or pay offs being agreed by anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if deal were agreed on Saturday with pay-offs and NDA's and yesterday's further revelations have thrown a spanner in the works. You have to be incredibly careful with these things. 

I'm very familiar with a case where a CEO won a case in the labour court for the manner in which he was dismissed despite his conduct while in charge being absolutely slaughtered by the judge. Every process has to be followed to the letter. It's far more complex than most of here would realise and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone.  Rest of the board were all eased out and all paid off to go. It was a pure clusterfcuk. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:45pm
Why did BB leave?? 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:46pm
will McGlue be getting his P45* also? 

* asking for a friend who frequents Joe Duffy show 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:50pm
I do fear He is getting an undisclosed severance and taking one final lump of football money for the road.

Also using Uefa as a bargaining tool. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
Won't believe any JD/FAI spin until it's definite. I still think tail wagging dog even today! Hopefully I'm wrong.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:05pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:07pm
So conspiracy theory time, 
What if this Delaney leaving is a setup!!!
Ok so the news started to break on Saturday that he was leaving and Delaney rang his good friend in Kerry to tell him, and the friend went straight into radio Kerry to announce Delaney had tendered his resignation and was waiting on the board to accept. Why would the said friend go straight onto the radio when everything else was kept very secretive. I presume Delaney told him to do that.
Now here is my theory, so he has tendered his resignation but has also told the board to decline it, therefore he has done all he can to leave the FAI but the board have decided he is indispensable. It fixes noting and the fans will still be against him but what can Delaney do, it’s not his fault as he tried to leave but they won’t let him.
Hope I’m wrong but the silence is worrying
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:12pm
It's hard not to think that something is a wry with the notable silence.
Surely if/when he moves he couldn't be entitled to any pay off?
Also would any of this be considered fraudulent activity that could lead to jail time for all involved. Not the legal type at all, but surely using government issued funds for your own personal use must be highly illegal.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:24pm
FAI statement sent answers will be given before close of business today!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

It's hard not to think that something is a wry with the notable silence.
Surely if/when he moves he couldn't be entitled to any pay off?
Also would any of this be considered fraudulent activity that could lead to jail time for all involved. Not the legal type at all, but surely using government issued funds for your own personal use must be highly illegal.
I'd imagine if his employers were happy with his practices, then he'd be entitled to compensation. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

All those free tickets would amount to over a million euro in lost revenue who authorized it as if we need to ask.

It's a good thing that as an organisation, we're never stuck for money or anything like that...

Kick in the teeth to all season ticket holders. Can only imagine the revenue that was lost down through the years as a result of tickets being given away.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:44pm
He should be suspended until a separately commissioned audit is carried out. Take back credit cards, car etc etc
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:44pm
See, the counter-argument is that if the tickets weren't given away, they wouldn't have been sold. Whether you buy that or not is another thing, of course.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 265266267268269 539>
  Share Topic