You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

a whistleblower is a complete game changer, 

it could even be the guy whose job it is to monitor this site Thumbs Up
Yeah because look how well things worked out for other whistleblowers, the amazing changes their revelations have brought about...thats before I mention the whistleblowers who have had their ‘whistleblowing’ ignored for a number of years.

i meant that a whistleblower within the FAI is a game changer , i am pretty sure we havent had that before 
I know what you meant, but I’m basing my cynicism on the history of the fat lady singing before. If what went on in the Gardai failed to rouse the populace and effect any real change, then some tales of a bit of mismanagement in the FAI wont have much impact. 

In relation to Dinnys post above, yeah JD may well be disposable in the eyes of the ruling classes but will anything really change? I’d almost prefer JD stay where he is and the statis quo continue than nothing change bar a new face in his chair...better the devil you know and all that
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:11am

a whistleblower is a complete game changer, 

it could even be the guy whose job it is to monitor this site Thumbs Up
Yeah because look how well things worked out for other whistleblowers, the amazing changes their revelations have brought about...thats before I mention the whistleblowers who have had their ‘whistleblowing’ ignored for a number of years.

i meant that a whistleblower within the FAI is a game changer , i am pretty sure we havent had that before 
I know what you meant, but I’m basing my cynicism on the history of the fat lady singing before. If what went on in the Gardai failed to rouse the populace and effect any real change, then some tales of a bit of mismanagement in the FAI wont have much impact. 

In relation to Dinnys post above, yeah JD may well be disposable in the eyes of the ruling classes but will anything really change? I’d almost prefer JD stay where he is and the statis quo continue than nothing change bar a new face in his chair...better the devil you know and all that
Shocked
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm

I’d almost prefer JD stay where he is and the statis quo continue 

they got to sham Cry
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm

I’d almost prefer JD stay where he is and the statis quo continue 

they got to sham Cry

Somebody must have bought him a few pints !
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm

You’re wrong here Sham. Nothings ever gonna change if the people in power feel that they can act with impunity and never be held to account for their actions and misdeeds.
El Puto Amo
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:34pm
Calm down there lads, dry weekend for me, no pints whatsoever. 

My point is, as someone else mentioned earlier, unless theres a full clear out and systematic change then a new face in the CEO chair will make not one iota of difference. It’ll just be the same old story with a different slimy grin. 

With all the serious events in this country that led to tribunals, investigations, bankruptcy, Catholic kiddy fiddlers and the more recent whiistleblower cases that highlighted cops more bent than the crooks, what has ever really changed? The odd fresh face here and there who then maintain the cosy status quo. I’d almost (note im saying almost as I did in my initial post) prefer it just stays the same instead of getting my hopes up that something will really change only for nothing to change.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm
Total clear out their all up to their necks in it.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:16pm
Sham is spot on, everybody getting excited over nothing. The fellas before JD, including his relations, were no better and there is nothing to suggest that those after will be better. Disband the FAI, rip it up and start again. 

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:41pm

The third press release in 2 days !!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:52pm
This feels different this time. They're really sh*tting bricks over this 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:54pm
link? cant see anything. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:00pm
The game 

Edited by gufct - 18 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:23pm
Never a dull moment with the FAI LOL

3 statements all with the nothing to see here spin. Will be interesting to see what's been hidden 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:42pm
Seemingly a couple of bets of €100,000 put down in waterford city today and Joe McGlue sold a few of the flags he confiscated in Lansdowne and Aarhus and put down a monkey 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 12:46am

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Mar 2019 at 12:48am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
I wonder what today's FAI daily press statement will bring us !
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:31am
The whistleblower may very well be the biggest thing to come out of this. If the inner workings of the FAI ever make it into the public domain I think even I will be shocked at what we'll see.
Here we go again
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

The whistleblower may very well be the biggest thing to come out of this. If the inner workings of the FAI ever make it into the public domain I think even I will be shocked at what we'll see.

exactly and if the politician holding the information doesn't use it you can be sure it will go to the press next. 

If the FAI is being so badly run that it needs a dig out for a few weeks to solve cash flow problems then this is an utter shambles and the people responsible should be fired. The f**king tiddlywinks association of Ireland would not need a board member to put personal money into it. 

The paper said this issue arose from the divorce proceedings of the CEO . This may mean that personal funds are co-mingling in the association funds, why ??? , an external auditor should immediately be called in to get to the bottom of this.  A local soccer club would not allow this and their accountant would not sign it off . 

The whistleblower may not know anything about this and his information might be about other issues that have never come to light. 

Also JD is earning 160K for work he does for UEFA , why is he donating this to the FAI ? surely he has a duty to his family to maximise his income and keep such funds for a rainy day ? has he got such job security that he knows he will be in this role until he retires in 13 years time and he can afford to give 2 Million Euro away ? and why has this only been revealed now ? or was it in previous FAI accounts ? 

nothing but questions , no answers , especially not from these FAI statements. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 539>
  Share Topic