Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:45am
But i just don't even understand how john delaney invites a few ordinary joe soap Ireland fans to a meeting to tell them how great everything is going to be!? Like how do you even get on that list? This is up there with the most bizarre things he's ever done. As i said, you wouldn't hear of such a meeting anywhere else in the entire world. 
Here we go again
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:50am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

But i just don't even understand how john delaney invites a few ordinary joe soap Ireland fans to a meeting to tell them how great everything is going to be!? Like how do you even get on that list? This is up there with the most bizarre things he's ever done. As i said, you wouldn't hear of such a meeting anywhere else in the entire world. 
Exactly is so weird how they picked the people. Even as mention above that it was people who protested against him surely they wouldn't have everyones names or even close to it. I really doubt that Delaney would have wanted to sit in a room full of people who protested against him having the job.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:52am
And the 'tough sh*t, if ye don't like me f**k off, I'm gonna be here for ever' by him is an outrage
Here we go again
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 1:00am
I wouldn’t be too hard on the lads for going. If they don’t agree with the statement put out they can counter it because they were there. It’s also unfair to infer they were offered tickets to imply they were being ‘bought’. Both lads have been very vocal about JD and the FAI and I doubt very much they’d be turned that easy.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 1:18am
Some lads incapable of reading simple English here. This was organised primarily by an individual associated with Ballybrack SC. He invited along lads who he has known for a number of years from attending matches that happened to be anti JD to attend and air grievances etc. JD didnt pick up the phone and call Pipkin or nvidic and tell them to pop along for a few scoops ffs. In fact, in Pipkins case Id be fairly confident that JD would want him nowhere near such an event.

The two lads named above and anyone else for that matter are perfectly entitled to go to any event they choose to, such as this. They went off their own bat, they were representing nobody and certainly werent representing YBIG or the Mandate grouping and didnt claim to. 

As much as some of you seem to think otherwise, they dont actually need permission to go to such events, they dont have to explain themselves to anyone on here in such instances and in nvidics case in particular, doesnt have to field your questions either in the way that he has and repeatedly explain that he was there as an individual. As such, one or two of you need to tone it down a small bit.

All that being said, I have no doubt, as most of you do, that this was a stalling tactic and frankly a waste of time as nothing will change until JD says so at a time of his choosing and on issues of his choosing. Now those of you frothing at the mouth reading this and ready to thump the keys of your keyboard to attack my post, re read this paragraph a few times until it sinks in that Im in agreement as to the purpose of this meeting. Also, when re reading this bit, scan back up to the bits in other posts where lads have clearly stated they were there off their own bat....meaning they are not answerable to anyone off here.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:34am
First point - how many of the lads complaining have protested against the FAI? I’ll hazard a guess before yis alll reply...

And after all your moaning and sh*ting we’ll see how useful yis are - 

John on Thursday said he’d do a q&a in the new year with 2-300 fans and you can all turn up and pose your questions

Let’s see the guest list - I’ll start it:

Pipkin
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 4:19am
Excellent post by Sham157 which summarises the issue very well. Going to Re-post the initial YBIG mandate, as originally posted very eloquently by GerK, all the way back in April 2016. The YBIG mandate committee is scheduled to meet with the FAI in early January 2019, and all YBIG members should be assured that there has been no changes to those objectives in the meantime, and every member of the committee remains committed to the implementation of those stated objectives. 

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

•  Independent fans need to have a voice on issues with Irish international football so we have drafted the following mandate. We are asking fans to sign up if you agree with our principles.
  • Purpose is to raise concerns of independent supporters and also to lobby for a unified voice of Supporters’ Club and independent supporters on areas of mutual interest;
  • Seek to partner with FAI on areas of previous co-operation such as charity initiatives and stadium atmosphere
  • In order to move this to the next stage, we need a mandate from site users!

As an internet forum, the demographic of users varies from those who visit the site on a daily basis to those who visit on a handful of occasions in a year.  What is clear is that the site, and particularly the associated forum, has been an essential resource for those attending Ireland games at home and particularly abroad.

Users on the site have long campaigned for a clear and transparent ticketing system, with the flaws of the existing system acutely shown prior to the Scotland game in 2014.  Site users analysed existing schemes in place in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England and other countries and have proposed this as a suitable model to the FAI.  This proposal was made long before the fiasco surrounding the Scotland game, and was raised with the FAI on a number of occasions before and since.

Since the Scotland game, the site and its users appear to have been labelled as “troublemakers” and the previously positive relationship with the FAI has deteriorated.  We believe that this is unfair, as the leadership of the FAI accepted that there were issues with the allocation of these tickets, but the channels of communication with the Association have dried up since late 2014.

The FAI established a network of Republic of Ireland Supporters’ Clubs in 2013 an this initiative must be welcomed. It appears that the only communication between the Association and the fan base will be conducted through this Confederation of Supporters’ Clubs.

Many YBIG users are not members of these official Supporters Clubs and wish to remain as “independent” supporters.  YBIG has always rejected the decision to become an official Supporters Club, a move supported by many on the site.  This decision became challenging in light of a policy decision to first prioritise the allocation of tickets to Supporters’ Clubs by the Association, and then also to consider Supporters’ Clubs and independent supporters as part of the same cohort for the allocation of tickets.

The result is that Supporters’ Clubs and independent supporters, under the umbrella of the ‘Fans Direct’ scheme, are now eligible to apply for 30% of away tickets.  YBIG believes that there is significant opportunity to bring further transparency to the allocation of tickets and has lobbied both the Association and also individual Supporters’ Clubs on this matter.

It is becoming clear that in order to ensure that the voice of independent supporters is heard, YBIG requires an official mandate which people can sign up to. The intention is to remain independent. This will ensure that the voice of independent supporters is heard on all issues from match safety, travel, ticketing etc.

We understand that many supporters will question this move and wonder why now?  We believe that we have exhausted all our existing avenues of communication with the Association and despite our best efforts, it appears that this may be the best channel for supporters to ensure that their voice is heard.

YBIG would like to invite supporters to sign up to this scheme in order to provide a mandate for the group.

Key Points

•  Approach with FAI in order to establish a group structure to allow attendance at Confederation of Supporters’ Clubs events;
  • The group will not manage the allocation of tickets - independent supporters will continue to apply as usual through the Fans’ Direct Portal;
  • Group will seek to re-establish the previous working relationship between YBIG and FAI across areas such as charity initiatives and supporter experience;
  • All website users are eligible to apply for officer positions;
Next Steps

• Debate the idea on this thread - we want to hear the views of everyone on this one;
  • If you agree with this please fill out the following form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OzJcEbCVECpwhCIT6UY2qc_MG8_1hvWLq9t6-SpL8E8/viewform

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 5:43am
Yer I think Sham was on the money also .
It's impossible to keep everyone happy on here but the FAI see the problem and to keep their jobs they have to find or look to be finding a solution .
Just think JD is worried as too much focus is on him and he knows one more slip and he could be rounded out before he gets his plum Job with UEFA . It's all about not rocking the boat until he sails off into the sea of money .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:38am

And the 'tough sh*t, if ye don't like me f**k off, I'm gonna be here for ever' by him is an outrage

Not to defend him whatsoever but I don't remember him saying this and he repeatedly said he won't be around forever. 

Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:02am
Some amount of keyboard warriors on here who will talk the talk but wouldnt cross the road to air their grievences with JD. Talk the big man on here and shake his hand if they met him in the bar. I'm a perfect example, I  can't stand his administration of Irish footballbut if he wass beside me ordering a pint I'd have no interest in telling him so. Fair play to the lads who met him, they weren't representing me or YBIG, but they got up from their keyboard tosee could they be part of the solution and not the problem. 
Living for Away days
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not to defend him whatsoever but I don't remember him saying this and he repeatedly said he won't be around forever. 

Fair enough, read that in one of the rags. 
Apologies for having a cut at ye, 100% entitled to go, i would have too. Just such an odd thing for him to do 
Here we go again
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

First point - how many of the lads complaining have protested against the FAI? I’ll hazard a guess before yis alll reply...

And after all your moaning and sh*ting we’ll see how useful yis are - 

John on Thursday said he’d do a q&a in the new year with 2-300 fans and you can all turn up and pose your questions

Let’s see the guest list - I’ll start it:

Pipkin
Iirish_major (zero chance of this happening, the man doesn't allow questions at an agm)

Here we go again
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:14am
This meeting was far from "A waste of time". JD doesn't give a fook about any of us on here he's just intrested in self interest and again newspaper headline to say he tried to have dialogue with disgruntled fans.
Any meeting should have been known in advance that it was taking place. Lads were silly going as it's all in ND favour. He's again won won and smelling of roses.
I'm sure he knows all your names now and won't forget them as he makes people feel important when in fact he only cares about his own dynasty. People from FAI are reading this and they know me but at this stage I don't care as the sight of that man and his close by associates make me sick.
Many people at the top FAI table are good people and there for the good of the game in this country but NOT that man. I saw how he operates last week all ME ME. 
Gentlemen choose what you wish but be careful and always watch his backround motives. Does he care about fan groups whoever they may be, NO does he only care about himself YES
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:16am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Fair enough, read that in one of the rags. 
Apologies for having a cut at ye, 100% entitled to go, i would have too. Just such an odd thing for him to do 

Saw the quote too but just don't remember it, doubt they made it up either but his whole message on the night is he wouldn't be about forever. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
Sounds like a lot of keyboard warriers annoyed that real people got off their arses and actually did something. Far play nvidic and Pimkin
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:38am
Yes the  reason those lads got invited is because they have been noticed as they are actually making an effort. 
No issues that the lads went, it's good there was someone from here in and not just SC .

I think there are different issues at the moment, unrest between fans at games (which is not good and could become a big issue if it boiled over completely), tickets always an issue and then it's just the whole administration of the league and player development (which would much improve on the back of a better league).
I do think it would be possible to draw a line in the sand and move forward with more unity. 

The meeting here and future sounds like the issue with the unrest amongst fans and maybe this new season ticket could help 2 if the issues and keep hardcore fans happier. 
But the biggest issue is that we are so far behind other countries and sports in our own country when it comes to giving players the best conditions to thrive. This is really what JD needs to be taking to task about and it's not a group of hardcore supporters who can a really ask the hard questions and have leverage to enforce change. This needs to come from the government who should ensure the organization they are giving taxpayers money to is using it wisely and in line with general  good corporate governance practices.  

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Dec 2018 at 10:41am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Sounds like a lot of keyboard warriers annoyed that real people got off their arses and actually did something. Far play nvidic and Pimkin

Few others lads as well but cheers, appreciated! 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:48am
Who attended?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 539>
  Share Topic