Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lads this is classic FAI....invite 50 lads who have influence or have protested to a pub and have a chat. Ask them not to record anything so its your word against ours, promise feedback and more dialogue and then organise a press release.....

Smells like a game of divide and conquer.....Lads who have been vocal in the past now being doubted by their own so to say. Takes the wind out of a lot for the FAI if they can pull it off and gives JD the I tried card in the future.

This is pretty much word perfect IMO.

Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:18pm
Exactly, and it's worked.

Lads who know me know I've actively wanted the man gone for years.you'd swear from reading this we'd committed a cardinal son by going. It was lose lose, don't go and fai can forever say we turned down our chance, go and we were left open to the type of article that came out today. 

We're on the same side as everyone else. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I would be confident in this if:

2. As soon as the meeting was finished, all the minutes should have been published up here. 

Err this is totally impractical tbh plus they have to be agreed . Hell even notes can take a while to get agreed 

Exactly, took me two months at work lately to get minutes agreed on a particularlu contentious meeting. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:26pm
Had all the hallmarks of a stitch up designed to deliberate undermine the credibility and integrity of JDs most vocal detractors particularly within the YBIG, and also to allow an opportunity for JD and his cronies to evaluate those who are critical of the FAI and it s hierarchy. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:32pm
Vidic you are spouting some sh*t. 

You take free hand minutes. I don't mean for word but a detailed account of what actually went down Instead you're sworn to silence and now the sun have printed it. 

Someone questions you and you get all defensive. Did you actually say what has this got to do with YBIG? Have you lost it? 

The title of this group is "

John Delaney and the latest FAI controversy"

I thought we were all clear and we were all on the same page. Does JD know your f**king usernames or something?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:40pm

Vidic you are spouting some sh*t. 

You take free hand minutes. I don't mean for word but a detailed account of what actually went down Instead you're sworn to silence and now the sun have printed it. 

Someone questions you and you get all defensive. Did you actually say what has this got to do with YBIG? Have you lost it? 

The title of this group is "

John Delaney and the latest FAI controversy"

I thought we were all clear and we were all on the same page. Does JD know your f**king usernames or something?

So because of one thread on ybig a meet up of lads who are nearly exclusively not on ybig has to do with ybig, how does that work exactly? 

As I've said a good few times now, we weren't sworn to secrecy. 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Exactly, and it's worked.

Lads who know me know I've actively wanted the man gone for years.you'd swear from reading this we'd committed a cardinal son by going. It was lose lose, don't go and fai can forever say we turned down our chance, go and we were left open to the type of article that came out today. 

We're on the same side as everyone else. 

While i understand your position and fully empathise with the fact you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, you've only got yourself to blame here.

No one knew about this in advance it seems which makes the meeting look even more secret and suspicious than it probably was intended. You then stated clearly that what was discussed was to not leave the room, which you then later changed to it wasn't to be recorded. The whole thing stinks to high heaven and it seems that the wool being is pulled over every ones eyes yet again.

When everyone on here screams for full transparency from the FAI, it's a joke that YBIG reps were at a "secret" meeting and have shown such disregard for any transparency on their own behalf. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:45pm
We weren't and aren't ybig reps.

Yep, ballsed up saying it was to be kept on the room, that's my bad. 

Plenty of people knew about it in advance, just because it wasn't on ybig doesn't mean that was the case. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:50pm
Fair enough that you're not a rep of YBIG but as a moderator of the site and a very active user who dislikes JD i still find it very strange that absolutely nothing was said until a poster asked about it. You cannot deny that it looks fishy.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:51pm
Vidic - stop talking out your hoop. 

If it's not a secret can you please put up your summary of what happened at the Q&A?

Also were you promised tickets for the 1st game if you're good boys and don't rock the boat?

Well I didn't know about it. Would it not have made sense to say, "hey lads, few of us meeting the great one if you want to tag along and ask questions". 

You've ducked a few answers now. 

1. Summary of what happened
2. How did lads make the exclusive list 
3. You've changed your story a few times 
4. 1 minute we are all together, the next "you aren't a YBIG rep"

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Fair enough that you're not a rep of YBIG but as a moderator of the site and a very active user who dislikes JD i still find it very strange that absolutely nothing was said until a poster asked about it. You cannot deny that it looks fishy.

This is what finished me. Sitting there in silence until someone mentioned it. Very transparent. I want to know about the secret handshakes and the free booze. 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:53pm

I can't and can see where people are coming from and some criticism is merited. As for not posting anything, I was put last night and hanging today so not much chance to post. We only decided to go on the day so no time to post beforehand. 

But, as I said and yiu agreed, we couldn't win no matter what we did. 

I get people are annoyed and that's fair but all this having a go is just ensuring they're succeeding on creating a rift. 

Our goal is still the same. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:56pm

Vidic - stop talking out your hoop. 

If it's not a secret can you please put up your summary of what happened at the Q&A?

Also were you promised tickets for the 1st game if you're good boys and don't rock the boat?

Well I didn't know about it. Would it not have made sense to say, "hey lads, few of us meeting the great one if you want to tag along and ask questions". 

You've ducked a few answers now. 

1. Summary of what happened
2. How did lads make the exclusive list 
3. You've changed your story a few times 
4. 1 minute we are all together, the next "you aren't a YBIG rep"

Were we f**k promised tickets. 

No, it wouldn't have, it wasn't a free for all.

What summary go yiu want outside of what was already said? 

It was lads who've actively protested on the past and were reached out to, I don't know how they did it? 

I have alright, I got the wrong end of the stick and still being drunk this morning after getting in at 5am didn't help. 

I'm not a ybig rep. 

What are you trying to achieve with all this? 

Edited by nvidic - 08 Dec 2018 at 11:57pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:56pm

This is what finished me. Sitting there in silence until someone mentioned it. Very transparent. I want to know about the secret handshakes and the free booze. 

Sorry for not posting during a night out! 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:09am
I think Gerk and the lads made the wise choice by not going.  You have been outmaneouvered here nvidic.  Naïve would be an accurate summation of your situation.
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:15am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...I take it as a positive thing that there has been a meeting instead of just howling derision at the fai. Nothing might come of it but at least efforts are being made to discuss our frustrations. Very easy sitting on a forum complaining about everything. At least dialogue is in motion and I'm sure it is something more people could get involved with in the future

Think Bronze sums up what my reply there better I could Baldrick. 

Don't show up and they say we won't engage, that we're causing a rift with fans etc. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think Gerk and the lads made the wise choice by not going.  You have been outmaneouvered here nvidic.  Naïve would be an accurate summation of your situation.
Cant fault anyone who took time out to seek clarity on some of the matters that were mentioned like Nvidic. For the people that went did you question the fact that it was Ballybrack organising it? Surely yas would have had a fair idea that they would agree with Delaney on most things. Also I still find it strange as to how the people were picked. There was a lot of us in the protest in Aarhus and that have vented our frustration with Delaney on here but unless you made your opinions know to the media they would have no connection to us.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:40am
so are we sleeping with the enemy here????
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 539>
  Share Topic