Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Thou shall not criticise the party and the Dear Leader

And he has signed a contract to state he wouldn't. Roddy has done more damage to Irish football than 1000 Delaney's. Roddy has been out of the spotlight recently, so Roddy writes a rambling article knowing he will get lagged so he can be the victim. Spare us.

That said, the FAI should just ignore the weasel.

When did he sign this contract?
I am not sure he signed anything and I have been told he didn't
Will confirm either way today hopefully
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 9:55am
There is a standardised managers contract which clearly lays out the disrepute and media piece.

You would swear the FAI are the only sports body who have ever fined a lippy manager.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
Fines elsewhere are normally levied when comments are made implying dishonesty or imputing the professionalism of the FAI. Reasoned criticism is usually exempt. There's certainly a difference between this fine and the types of fines usually levied in England against managers speaking out.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 12:20pm
Defo agree there is a whole word of difference between this fine and the fine other leagues / authorities dish out.

In other news, somebody over the winter removed the "John Delaney Out" sticker from my seat in Lansdowne. Outrageous ! Will have to get a new supply  !

Edited by Borussia - 29 Mar 2016 at 1:04pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Fines elsewhere are normally levied when comments are made implying dishonesty or imputing the professionalism of the FAI. Reasoned criticism is usually exempt. There's certainly a difference between this fine and the types of fines usually levied in England against managers speaking out.
Graham Barrett was reasonable and no fine in a far longer and more reaching article. Why do you think Roderick is being fined? Have you even read his piece?
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 5:21pm
the fai have just knocked another 10 million euro off the stadium debt after doing a deal with bank of Ireland. jd really is a crafty sod
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 5:33pm
The timing of it stinks of there being something underhand in the small print.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 5:36pm
Maybe the deal is they remortgaged the stadium. They were ringing me yesterday you know looking for business.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

The timing of it stinks of there being something underhand in the small print.

Tinfoil hat here, but I wonder could the unusual timing of the O'Neill/Keane unofficial contract extension announcement part of the same smoke screen - you know, make a couple of oddly-timed announcements in close tandem which might engender the assumption that such things are just par for the course with the FAI. In other words, "we do stuff like this; nothing out of the ordinary to see here."

Just a thought...
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

the fai have just knocked another 10 million euro off the stadium debt after doing a deal with bank of Ireland. jd really is a crafty sod

A crafty sod, for doing his job, will ya stop.
The reason we are up to out eyes in stadium debt in the first place is cause the 'crafty sod' screwed up at the start when selling the tickets and packages.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 11:22pm
This is a good piece of business. Credit where it's due. A tad unfair to blame the non sales of vantage club at jd .... economy blew up if u remember.

The above does not absolve other fai issues i.e. transparency, tickets, structures etc
It's not me it's you:-)
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

This is a good piece of business. Credit where it's due. A tad unfair to blame the non sales of vantage club at jd .... economy blew up if u remember.

The above does not absolve other fai issues i.e. transparency, tickets, structures etc

A tad unfair??? He was offered a set fee and refused it cause him being a financial genius knew best and look at the state of the game in Ireland as a result ffs If a bank manager's choices resulted in the consequences his FAILure did then they'd be sacked on the spot, but not Johnny...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

A tad unfair??? He was offered a set fee and refused it cause him being a financial genius knew best and look at the state of the game in Ireland as a result ffs If a bank manager's choices resulted in the consequences his FAILure did then they'd be sacked on the spot, but not Johnny...
bank managers took far worse decisions and I don't recall any getting fired. Hindsight is great but did you predict the crash?
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 11:22am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

I'm not the mans biggest fan but considering the economic crash etc i think the stadium thing is not what i'd sack him for. Wouldn't sack him for singing in the pub either.

Mite sack him for the state of the game in Ireland but would sack him for the lack of transparency in the whole administration. I think if we had transparency other issues would get resolved as people would have to because it would be in full public view.

Why does the reason for sacking him matter ........ it does because it outlines to the replacement what is expected. If he is sacked for singing rebel songs (the crime of the century according to some) maybe the replacement will be the same but just not sing rebel songs ......simplistic argument but I'm too worked up over the Swedish game to be intellectual today!! 
It's not me it's you:-)
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 2:33pm
He needs to sort out the regulation of the league. Too many clubs have been given licences when they shouldn't have.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:10am
The camera shot of president Higgins celebrating and JD going mentah was great!
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:23pm
What with the IOC leadership coming under intense scrutiny and JD already being lauded as a future leader there,will he be fast tracked for the job now?

Edited by greenlad - 19 Aug 2016 at 6:24pm
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

What with the IOC leadership coming under intense scrutiny and JD already being lauded as a future leader there,will he be fast tracked for the job now?

Did I read somewhere that the salary is €60k a year [I think i also read that Hickey is saving it up to fund some kind of sports scholarship when he retires].
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 539>
  Share Topic