Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

The FAI is a national sporting organisation in receipt of substantial public funds and it's well being and proper governance is a matter of national importance.  Politicians should be asking questions in the Dail about Delaney's recent party political activities and hauling him up before the PAC.  That said the media needs to do it's job as well.  It's not enough for them to be quoting Willie O Dea or Mattie Mc Grath.  They should be taking a position on this and leading public opinion rather than relying on sound bytes from gombeen politicians.
John Delaney is perfectly entitled to canvas for a politician on a Saturday afternoon if he wishes. No-one really disputes that. The question is was it a good idea. The notion that you could use the Public Accounts Committee to stop Delaney having personal politics is laughable and a bit sinister.
Sponsored Links

Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:08pm
Good article here. Pretty much expresses my thoughts, a lot better than I could myself.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/irishnews/opinion/article4669613.ece?shareToken=ff4dc69e4a85abe7177dee8db879c035

Edited by Daragho - 20 Jan 2016 at 2:08pm
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Good article here. Pretty much expresses my thoughts, a lot better than I could myself.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/irishnews/opinion/article4669613.ece?shareToken=ff4dc69e4a85abe7177dee8db879c035

A good article and very much to the point.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Without speaking for Citizen, I'm assuming his point is the FIFA 5 Million payment was broken by The Sun, and the rest of the Irish media did very little on it, then once the Ray Darcy interview and the international media picked up on the story, almost a year later, this is when the Irish media decided it was a big story. 

correct

There is far, far more to it..I will PM you
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:00am
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:18am
i.e. balls
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:25am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:51am
Think he looks stupid after that press release. Amazing the number of lick Arse apologists on here. The politics of cronyism and me feinism is alive and well it's what holds back progress in Ireland. Open and transparent me Arse.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:02pm
Only after that press release??
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:13pm
no but he's slipping back to his old ways
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:29pm
The press office of the FAI obviously wanted to gather some positive news reports for Delaney in light of the more controversial issues in the last say 18 months or so.

A good spin on the phrasing of an article used to go a long way, but nowadays it's hard to control things like that as the internet websites and social media etc are much quicker and are not stuck with a limited amount of pages/articles they can print.

In hindsight, it probably did more bad than good by changing the phrasing and making it appear it was JD his negotiation skills that got us the extra tickets from UEFA.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 1:14pm
He was , is, and always will be
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 2:59pm
I think it is very unfair of UEFA to make JD travel the whole way to Switzerland to grovel n negotiate for more tickets for us when they applied a different set of rules on the North, they just rang the IFA to tell them that they were giving them more tickets. What double standards.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I think it is very unfair of UEFA to make JD travel the whole way to Switzerland to grovel n negotiate for more tickets for us when they applied a different set of rules on the North, they just rang the IFA to tell them that they were giving them more tickets. What double standards.
He went to go and tell Sepp; "this is what happens when you mess with JD and coke". He then sang ' the broad black brimmer' and left.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:52pm
So either he is telling LIES.

or

He travelled to Nyon to achieve what everyone else achieved by staying at home, in which case he's an IDIOT.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:35pm
Do you reckon one day we'll be able to look back and laugh at it all?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

http://www.balls.ie/football/john-delaney-is-not-the-all-conquering-hero-he-was-claimed-to-be-yesterday/322702

Dennis Franz reacts at 1 min 37- 1min 39

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Jan 2016 at 5:42pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Do you reckon one day we'll be able to look back and laugh at it all?

I think I'll cry before I laugh to be honest .. Few things ..

1) Did he (and Miss Sasanach) fly to Nyon ?
2) If so , why did he when UEFA were handing over tickets to numerous associations anyway ?
3) How much did this jolly-up cost the FAI who are (apparently) skint ?

It's obvious from the other thread some are still fooled by his spin but honestly , how thick does he think people are !!!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 539>
  Share Topic