FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 514515516517518 539>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:05am
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

Couldnt be. Oscar Delta does not agree with any government interference

Perhaps you should look at what FIFA and IOC do when Government starts interfering in National Organisations first.

FIFA and the IOC
Sponsored Links

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

Perhaps you should look at what FIFA and IOC do when Government starts interfering in National Organisations first.

Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:28am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:38am

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Right all you men of the silk, back on track.

What can our government do right now to demand accountability from these sports organizations ?
Fai got out of appearing before the dail.
OCI sent Ross packing from Brazil and put him in his box.
Seems to me the IABA should also scrutinised.

If you go back a week or two I made suggestions but nobody appeared interested.

Can you bump it chief

Gotta find it and not sure which thread its on but will find it.

Gist of it was, he who pays the piper calls the tune, right? As in, the gvt should say "do what we say, or yiz get no cash"? Not in so many words, right?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:14pm
I heard there will be a presentation after the final whistle and Robbie will be presented with a family pass for the Toyko Olympics for his contribution to Irish football by John
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:00pm

What can our government do right now to demand accountability from these sports organizations ?

Can you bump it chief

Gotta find it and not sure which thread its on but will find it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I read that one of the Brazilian cops said he could come over and interview someone over here. I'm sure if your innocent of any wrong doing you can agree to give the interview???

Yeah that one works next time someone gets stopped by Garda...............
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:53pm

Can you bump it chief
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

That German Article is unreal .

Which one GU?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:01pm
That German Article is unreal .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:52pm
I read that one of the Brazilian cops said he could come over and interview someone over here. I'm sure if your innocent of any wrong doing you can agree to give the interview??? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:21am

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Also, failure to comply if the relevant order is made could lead to a contempt order, which could be made subject to a condition that the contempt will only be purged if evidence is given.

That ain't going to happen because the only people getting rich are lawyers.

Reply by someone I have no information.................. that is it end of.
Irish courts not going to shove people in Prison on that basis.

Maybe, but if you have emails that someone is a party to, then there are plenty of questions you can ask.... if saying nothing was that simple, cross-examination would never work, yet it lead to the famous quote from the US Supreme Court "Cross-examination is the greatest legal engine ever invented for the discovery of truth".

Anyway, there is all hypothetical. The Brazilians might never make a request.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:30pm

Also, failure to comply if the relevant order is made could lead to a contempt order, which could be made subject to a condition that the contempt will only be purged if evidence is given.

That ain't going to happen because the only people getting rich are lawyers.

Reply by someone I have no information.................. that is it end of.
Irish courts not going to shove people in Prison on that basis.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:26pm

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:33pm
Not a whole lot I think, the leadership of these various sports bodies is generally made up of politicians, over half of whom are gombeens/chancers. The IABA leadership would resemble a local Co Council in some backward town in the midlands for example, while the bigger ones like the IRFU would be like career diplomats in the Dept of Foreign affairs, lads who generally give the impression they know what they are at, whether they actually do or not is something of a moot point. 

The actual politicians recognise these lads as of their own tribe and will be reluctant to overly regulate them, but for optics & for the sake of being seen to be doing something, they might insist on a few heads rolling, much like actual politics. Nothing much will change in the bigger picture, just the faces & names, it is Ireland after all. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:22pm

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:36pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:29pm

Hah, exactly. Brilliant Cliff.

I was about to point out the exact same thing.

Have a look at the case of Cornec v Morrice [2012] IEHC 376, [2012] 1 IR 804. The headnote from that case (which I was tangentially involved in, incidentally) says the following:
"The power to grant international assistance via letters rogatory was a discretionary one. Before any such order could properly be granted, it would be necessary to establish that (i) the evidence proposed to be taken was relevant to the foreign proceedings; (ii) the application was not oppressive; (iii) the grant of the request would not override any established privilege or protection available to the prospective witness and (iv) the evidence so taken on commission was itself admissible under the law of the requesting state. The applicant for such judicial assistance had to satisfy all four of those conditions."

It seems the evidence in this case would be relevant (no doubt), hardly oppressive (a few questions for JD, a few documents), not overriding a privilege (there's none here, as far as I can see it) and the last question, I can't answer, without knowing Brazilian law, but I doubt the evidence wouldn't be admissible in Brazil.

Anyway, long and short of it, the Brazilians have a power to compel him to give evidence, should they so choose.

Er there is no law that COMPELS anybody to give evidence in a case such as this.

If a person refuses to cooperate and states nothing or provides nothing then there is nothing Brazilian Police can do.

And there seems to be some confusion as the case quoted was a "Civil" case not a Criminal one and Letters Rogatory are seemingly primarily used for Civil cases.................. even in guidance provided to US Courts

A Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty is the one you where Nation States cooperate on gathering of evidence on Criminal Matters.

None such treaty exists between Ireland and Brazil.

Letters rogatory extended to include criminal proceedings in 1870.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 514515516517518 539>
  Share Topic