You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Election 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>
Poll Question: Who will you vote for?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [7.52%]
24 [18.05%]
11 [8.27%]
56 [42.11%]
2 [1.50%]
8 [6.02%]
3 [2.26%]
19 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:17am
Surely the population is not stupid enough to vote them in again?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:36pm
20th Nov apparently
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:03pm

so you start a thread and poll asking people their opinions, and then call them stupid for not agreeing with yours. Quality.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:06pm

So they were stupid enough to vote them in the first time were they, considering the state the previous gangsters left the country in.

Well done Clap

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Fine Gael will piss the next election
100%.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:39pm
Very hard to see past them

Edited by heighway2heaven - 07 Oct 2015 at 1:40pm
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:40pm
They're all gangsters in fairness. The sooner we are rid of completely outdated relics of the civil war such as FF and FG the better. With a bit of luck they'll be forced into government together (their 'divide and conquer' approach has up to this point been extremely successful) and that could hopefully be the beginning of the end for both....although I accept that is highly wishful thinking. It just seems so mental that even today, after ALL the sh*t, you still bump into the odd headcase who supports the likes of FF as if they were their local football team!

We've very few political options in this country and that has always been the case since I've been around. At least there are clear differences between the likes of the Republicans/Democrats in the U.S and the Tories/Labour in the U.K. Our main two parties have always been two cheeks of the same pimply arse.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 2:03pm
In fairness Dev, I don't envy either of the Us or the UK's political systems. 

I think FG, Lab will return to gov but will likely need some help. I don't think they'll piss it like the lads above think they will! Hard to know what to think with polls etc. Snap elections have historically not worked out for the govt who calls them. I would think the GE will be in Feb/March
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 2:13pm
Fine Gael majority in the next. Labour will be squeezed out and there will be no coalition.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 2:43pm
It will not be a FG majority. It'll be a FG/FF coalition, to keep out the nasty lefties. It'll be the only viable government, anyway. The only other alternative will be a FF/SF/Lab coalition, and even that might not have enough support. FG/Lab won't have enough between them but I wouldn't bet against the rump of Labour shacking up with FF/SF.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like FF will be kingmakers. There will be too many independents, FG will never deal with SF and whichever way FF turns will dictate the next government. The alternative is a FG/Lab minority government, with the support of a few independents, but that won't last.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Fine Gael majority in the next. Labour will be squeezed out and there will be no coalition.

I'd suggest that there is zero chance of that happening ever in my lifetime.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

In fairness Dev, I don't envy either of the Us or the UK's political systems.

Ha, fair point!

Agree there is not a hope of an FG majority government. I would imagine the arrogance levels would break the stratosphere if that ever did happen. In some ways it's a shame it doesn't as the junior partner in government is nearly always used as the scapegoat for problems/issues.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:48pm
It makes sense to do it this side of Christmas if FG can orchestrate it. A kind budget when people are in good form heading into Christmas beats a gloomy February/March when people are smashed after Christmas. The other parties have their own issues too right now which could be used in FG campaign.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:00pm
The problem with the opposition is, is that they don't come across to the squeezed middle as having any good policies. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:59pm
For me....

Fine Gael = took stingy with the money
Fine Fail = too carefree with the money
Labour = don't know what to make of them anymore. Lost their identity.
Sinn Fein = no sensible ideas/policies
Independents = too unpredictable 

Don't know what I want really, you'd think a FF/FG coalition would work on paper, probably the sensible.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

so you start a thread and poll asking people their opinions, and then call them stupid for not agreeing with yours. Quality.

Your good at twisting things, you know exactly what  i meant.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

So they were stupid enough to vote them in the first time were they, considering the state the previous gangsters left the country in.

Well done Clap

So you feel the decisions they made and not made so far are justified to vote them in again?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>
  Share Topic