You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Healthy meals easy to prepare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Been very bad with me dinners since she started working evenings at the start of the year.
When it was two of us there I had more time to get the food and prepare and she would keep me in check in terms of us eating more healthy dinners for us and kids. But now she works evenings we find ourselves rushing around Like mad things and by the Time i finally get home from work, collect the kids and get settled I am often just going for the frozen food option for me and the kids. Need to get on board with some or the quick healthy options which have been thrown up here!

I'd definitely recommend doing the whole making a big pot of something and freezing it thing. If you've not got the time in the evening then you can just throw something in the microwave.

That chilli I just put up is a great one for freezing.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:33pm
Make a big pot of their curry and freeze that bad boy!!

Also their KFC chicken and SW chips are amazing 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Make a big pot of their curry and freeze that bad boy!!

Also their KFC chicken and SW chips are amazing 

Their KFC chicken is outstanding.. Embarrassed along with their Mexican chilli chicken... its great. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Smoothie, or a pita with chicken, iceberg lettuce and salad cream for lunch

Mornings usually scrambled egg with a small amount of Low low cheese in a wholemeal tortilla eat my breakfast driving usually unless I'm off so its handy 

That just reminded me of the "strange things people do" thread where someone said they used to hear a crunching noise in the office and it turned out it was a colleague used to sit at his desk munching away on an iceberg lettuce LOL

@Horsebox - have to disagree, some stuff is nicer heated up; steak/chicken casseroles, sheperds pie are all well nicer re-heated.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Re-heated food is rank.

A lot of food you can't freeze and reheat properly.

Mash and some soups.

It beats eating shyte every evening you little pup
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 10:38pm
The easiest ? Cut up some peppers , asparagus and courgette . Roll them around in rapeseed oil and season with salt pepper and paprika . Bundle them in the oven for 20 mins gas mark 6 . . Grill a bit of fish with it . Grand job
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic