You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heary to Sligo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heary to Sligo?
    Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 12:41pm

Doing the rounds on twitter this morning.

Hope he stays. Has improved as a manager this season after an appalling start where i was one who thought his time was up.
Bohs Till I Die
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Doing the rounds on twitter this morning.

Hope he stays. Has improved as a manager this season after an appalling start where i was one who thought his time was up.

Done deal. (bar the paperwork!!!)
Offered the job last week and was given the weekend to decide. Niall Harrison and Gavin Dykes to be involved also.
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 1:52pm

So he has accepted it? Disappointed i have to say. He will try and take our better players too i imagine.

As a firm Rodestant i obviously now hope the Messiah returns.
Bohs Till I Die
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 2:23pm
He's been offered it. In fairness Costy I don't think he has fully accepted (depending on who you talk to) It is expected he will accept tho. Could be a young team for us next year if he does. He has a young team at Bohs and with Niall Harrison (ex u15 Ireland manager) and Dykes (currently Manager with Kelly of the Rovers underage set up) !!!

40 applications for the job. 15 of which were able to be considered.

Gary Boylan on trial in England too. Hudersfield I think, (Celtic trial also)hopefully the scholarship set up a few years ago is starting to bear fruit.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 2:50pm
A great move for Bohs
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:01pm

How do you figure? Are you being sarcastic? Or just not rate him?

Bohs Till I Die
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:05pm
The rumours of Sligo's financial difficulties must be true if that is the caliber of manager they are after
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:05pm
What has he done to justify Sligo taking a punt on him?
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:09pm
Dont think it will happen (rumours)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

The rumours of Sligo's financial difficulties must be true if that is the caliber of manager they are after
it's very much a downsizing move. Heary can sign a load of kids and underperform there too
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

it's very much a downsizing move. Heary can sign a load of kids and underperform there too

Yeah very odd one they must be really desperate, Bohs probably get some compo off this as well I'd say they can't believe their luck. Would be a bit of a change not seeing some annoying Englishman at Sligo though
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:56pm
We take a chance on young ambitious managers trying to make a name for themselves. We always have. Cook and Baraclough were in a very similar boat and look how that turned out!!! Sanchez, Cotteril and McStay are others that have got a start here. Its the way we've always done it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only difference this time is that its from inside the league I suppose (if it happens of course).

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 20 Oct 2014 at 3:58pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

We take a chance on young ambitious managers trying to make a name for themselves. We always have. Cook and Baraclough were in a very similar boat and look how that turned out!!! Sanchez, Cotteril and McStay are others that have got a start here. Its the way we've always done it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only difference this time is that its from inside the league I suppose (if it happens of course).

So are Sligo fans in general behind this appointment if it goes ahead? To the outsider Heary would appear a bizarre choice though, a lot of Bohs fans seem to have no time for him.
moose View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:27pm
Yep a good employee, if he goes so be it, we get someone else in and move on.

It would be a silly move for him IMO. Sligo are on the descent and Bohs will be challenging for trophies within a few years. Hes from Cabra, if he feels like travelling up and down to Sligo for training and matches well I wish him well. It may not happen as Im sure he knows whats going on behind the scenes at Bohs and Im sure hes well aware of what he could achieve at Bohs over the next few seasons.

Edited by moose - 20 Oct 2014 at 5:29pm
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

cook and baraclough all had experience, hearys new to managment.If he goes dont expect to much, with bohs there was no talk of winning things ,just stay up and build for the future
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by moose moose wrote:

It would be a silly move for him IMO. Sligo are on the descent and Bohs will be challenging for trophies within a few years. Hes from Cabra, if he feels like travelling up and down to Sligo for training and matches well I wish him well. It may not happen as Im sure he knows whats going on behind the scenes at Bohs and Im sure hes well aware of what he could achieve at Bohs over the next few seasons.

LOL I'm sorry I know this is a thread on Sligo but seriously? Bohs will be lucky to be still on the go in a few years, never mind trophies

moose View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by moose moose wrote:

LOL I'm sorry I know this is a thread on Sligo but seriously? Bohs will be lucky to be still on the go in a few years, never mind trophies

Oh yeah forgot about that. I dont know what came over me!!!

But Ill tell you one thing freindo, that €175k thats left in your bank account wont last long with Nutsy around. 

Now if you want to carry this on I think we should move to the Shams - Big Club Megathread
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:45pm
Don't really know where the idea Bohs are going to be winning trophies anytime soon is coming from. 

We're certainly in transition all the same. Not in any major financial difficulty I wouldn't think but if crowds continued the way they were then we certainly would be. Only had just over 1k at the last two home games. Chairman had an excellent interview on Ocean FM a few weeks ago. Basically saying they took the decision to get rid of Barraclough as they wanted to make sure that they got through a round in Europe and didn't feel he was certain to do it. Also said that 3.5k a week was saved on the wage bills by all the ins and outs that happened around June and July and that with the drop off in crowds that saving was badly needed. 

As for Heary, personally thought he'd done a decent enough job with Bohs. Just happy the Mitchell Brothers are gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic