You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

I disagree there freewheeler, I think the newstalk lads (even though I listen a lot to it) are in love with themselves, they would be the w-anchors... I think darragh Moloney is quite good compare..

It doesn't really matter who is good and who isn't. Once you have a job on RTE it is yours until you retire. Darragh Moloney (who I have no dislike for) will be there as long as he wants to be. Dunphy and Brady (even though neither of them have a Scooby) will be there until they die with the 3rd spot where Giles used to be rotated among everybody else. I would be quite happy to see Doyle, Sadlier and Duff there more often but it ain't gonna happen
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:25am
How Ger Gilroy has a job at all, in anything other than presenting children's television, is one of the mysteries of life. A mam you could never tire of punching.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

I disagree there freewheeler, I think the newstalk lads (even though I listen a lot to it) are in love with themselves, they would be the w-anchors... I think darragh Moloney is quite good compare..

It doesn't really matter who is good and who isn't. Once you have a job on RTE it is yours until you retire. Darragh Moloney (who I have no dislike for) will be there as long as he wants to be. Dunphy and Brady (even though neither of them have a Scooby) will be there until they die with the 3rd spot where Giles used to be rotated among everybody else. I would be quite happy to see Doyle, Sadlier and Duff there more often but it ain't gonna happen

Moloney is okay as an anchor but he's better as a commentator and way better than George Hamilton imo. Would like to see Gilroy presenting it at some stage. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How Ger Gilroy has a job at all, in anything other than presenting children's television, is one of the mysteries of life. A mam you could never tire of punching.

LOL

Is he that bad? Again I haven't listened to him much. 

The one w-anchor I wouldn't tired of punching is that prick Colin Murray Angry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:39am
Murray is a radio presenter and no more, he is also far better at music than football. He probably could do television if someone told him to stop trying to be best friends with everybody that comes on.

Have you not heard Gilroy's smug, overly happy tone? Like a leprechaun on helium. He is a less suave version of Kevo from '90's Saturday morning television.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:10am
I suppose I'm only judging him on a couple of interviews but he didn't seem to come across as a smug git. Haven't listened to him enough. 

Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:48pm
There is a commercial partnership of some sort between TV3 and Newstalk so the latter's presenters are unlikely to pop up on RTE any time soon, unless it's on an independent production.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:23pm

Murray is a radio presenter and no more, he is also far better at music than football. He probably could do television if someone told him to stop trying to be best friends with everybody that comes on.

Have you not heard Gilroy's smug, overly happy tone? Like a leprechaun on helium. He is a less suave version of Kevo from '90's Saturday morning television.

He took no sh*t off Lance Armstrong in an interview and never shies away from anyone.  Gilroy and McDevitt are excellent presenters.

Maloney is a pleasant fella but wouldn't have gone near Armstrong in the way Gilroy did if he'd got an interview with him.  Maloney never tackles Dunphy when he comes out with his falsehoods and guesswork and Bill didn't cos Bill didn't have a clue either about football facts (which he always admitted) but Bill was a great presenter and there's a difference.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:44pm

Shocked
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Shocked
I'd gladly buy anybody a drink who punched mine!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

He took no sh*t off Lance Armstrong in an interview and never shies away from anyone.  Gilroy and McDevitt are excellent presenters.

Maloney is a pleasant fella but wouldn't have gone near Armstrong in the way Gilroy did if he'd got an interview with him.  Maloney never tackles Dunphy when he comes out with his falsehoods and guesswork and Bill didn't cos Bill didn't have a clue either about football facts (which he always admitted) but Bill was a great presenter and there's a difference.
Maybe he should stick to cycling then? You need to have some air of authority, he has none. He might have chased after Armstrong, but he would be lost presenting with an RTÉ panel.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:32pm
Get Claire O Byrne and Miriam on to mudwrestle instead of Apres match Thumbs Up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:14pm
When is Hope Solo due to start, for the knock out rounds?
The dark side.. And the light
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

When is Hope Solo due to start, for the knock out rounds?

Once we get to the semis stage
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:59pm
Dunphy leaving RTE 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:59pm
Ill miss him.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
He's jumping the fence baby
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:04pm
Hope Kevin Doyle is brought onto the panel on a more regular basis now 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 25 Jul 2018 at 2:04pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 49>
  Share Topic