You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Jesus Duff is hard to listen to Dead

Moany out.

For a man in his 30's he doesn't half come across as a stroppy moody teenager, still even looks like one.......which I suppose is a backhanded compliment
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:00pm
"The Premier League is a fraud"

"English players should light a candle at night, because if they were Icelandic, French, German or Dutch they would be lucky to get a quarter of what they are on"

Didi telling it like it is.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:05pm
Enjoying listening to Dunphy for once
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:05pm
Rash ford should have been on much earlier, cracking player
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:06pm
If we kept our heads for the second half against France we'd be playing Iceland in the quarters.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by kopkid kopkid wrote:

Rash ford should have been on much earlier, cracking player

Rash Ford?  Who's he?  Some lad from the Liberties?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:54pm
Is Jacqui Hurley up the pole or just very fond of the biscuits??
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Is Jacqui Hurley up the pole or just very fond of the biscuits??

LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:03am
Dunphy is a revisionist boll*x. Goes on about the lack of quality there is in world football today in comparison to 15 years ago, despite the fact he was saying exactly the same thing 15 years ago... Saying that there are only 5 players in the world capable of changing a match really made me chuckle, not to mention trying to argue that Iceland beating England wasn't a huge shock.
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 4:00am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Dunphy is a revisionist boll*x. Goes on about the lack of quality there is in world football today in comparison to 15 years ago, despite the fact he was saying exactly the same thing 15 years ago... Saying that there are only 5 players in the world capable of changing a match really made me chuckle, not to mention trying to argue that Iceland beating England wasn't a huge shock.

He's a complete spoofer. Iceland were the lowest ranked team in the last 16 and England were the 5th highest.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:13am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah I'd have to agree that Kerr is difficult to listen to, perhaps the biggest butcher of surnames I've ever heard. I'm surprised he can pronounce his own name tbh.

He's a superbly astute and brilliantly informed analyst. That's probably why you don't like him chief - he's the diametrical opposite of yourself. Remember that scene in the Simpsons where Homer's long lost brother asks the car design engineers to come on the phone and tell Homer's kids the exact opposite of everything they actually think about him?

'' 'The O'Shea' is a footballing sage who has a rich knowledge of the game and who consistently contributes clever, brilliantly informed insights from which the rest of the posters on the YBIG forum are privileged to learn from. He's a scarily accurate judge of a player and the last thing you could ever justifiably say about him is that he is a complete f*cking empty head and spoofer.''
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

"The Premier League is a fraud"

"English players should light a candle at night, because if they were Icelandic, French, German or Dutch they would be lucky to get a quarter of what they are on"

Didi telling it like it is.

Brilliant from Didi.

I love Duffer but his prediction before the game (that England would win 3 or 4 nil) was comical. Iceland are unbeaten in the tournament and knocked out a highly rated Austrian team by beating them last week. They came out of a tough qualifying group without needing a playoff with wins over Holland (home and away), Turkey and the Czech Republic. The way Duffer and the BBC pundits were talking about them you'd swear they were a f*cking a pub team.

The myth of the almighty premier league was exposed, yet again, last night for the fraud that it is. Yes, it was a surprise that Iceland beat England but not nearly as much of a seismic shock as is now being made out. England have been fielding teams comprised of the premier league's finest in tournaments for a long time now without making any real impact.  Their record in tournaments historically (before and after 1966) is pretty awful for a country that considers themselves a major footballing nation. Excluding the two tournaments (1966 and 1996) where they had home advantage they have made it to a grand total of two semi finals in their entire history. If you put this record alongside those that they would consider to be their peers (Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Holland, Brazil, Argentina...etc) it's nothing short of laughable. They have been, and continue to be, serial under achievers and last night was just another addition to their litany of failures at European championships and World cups.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:50am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Excluding the two tournaments (1966 and 1996) where they had home advantage they have made it to a grand total of two semi finals in their entire history.
Two ?
Thought it was only one - 1990 ?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Excluding the two tournaments (1966 and 1996) where they had home advantage they have made it to a grand total of two semi finals in their entire history.

Two ?

Euro 68 (Also in Italy funnily enough)
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:54am

Two ?

They made the semis in Portugal
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Two ?

QF's

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Two ?

Euro 68 (Also in Italy funnily enough)
Ah jaysus that piddly little thing.
The Home Internationlas were the qualifiers !!!
Then one win and they were in the semis.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Two ?

They did not.Smile

Portugal beat them on penalties in the quarter final.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 49>
  Share Topic