FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nothing would make me prouder than to see us boycott this pathetic excuse for a football tournament. 

Couldn't agree more. Qatar (and their neighbours in the UAE) are a morally reprehensible state with a veneer of modernity and respectability who literally use slave labour. They won't see a penny of my money. 
Whats your thoughts on corruption and cover ups, if your moral compass is so finely tuned you would would not even leave your bed in this fckin country ffs

Wonder how many would have gone to Russia without batting an eyelid LOL

Or the same who will go to the USA or UK without any complaints LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:59pm
Qatar can go f**k itself. 

Only way I'm going to the World Cup in 2022 is if it's taken off them and given to a country like Germany.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Butch....is he still in the same gaff?
The one just over the rainbow, within walking distance of the Emerald City and the south facing garden that backs onto the Chiswick High Road?

FFS ... that lad is a spoofer . Obviously you have been there Hornet and he told me he didn't trust anyone on the Ybig site
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:47am
The Mascot for Cat Are 2022 has been unveiled

His name is Pick Axe

Image result for qatar slave

Edited by Trap junior - 18 May 2018 at 11:48am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:27am
Butch....is he still in the same gaff?
The one just over the rainbow, within walking distance of the Emerald City and the south facing garden that backs onto the Chiswick High Road?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to have to give this an unwelcome bump. 

It's hard to stomach people in work who mean well  in fairness but make out that it was a good thing that Ireland didn't qualify the morning after the Denmark defeat as Russia is very dodgy anyway to go over to. Had another dose of that today when one of my colleagues said to think how much money you'll save by not going. 

Given the hype is slowly starting to build up for this world cup and EURO 2020 with it's 13 countries (non-tournament feel) as hosts , it'll be the guts of 5 years before we potentially qualify for the next and most attractive tournament in Germany (probably) hopefully.

I wonder for those on here (that travel regularly to Ireland games) that have posted they wouldn't go near Qatar for a world cup even if Ireland qualify, would they probably end up going despite any logistical/financial/political/moral qualms they may have with Qatar given how we haven't been at a world cup since 02?

I would go myself (should we qualify) just to go to see Ireland at a world cup but it has to be the least attractive world cup host country there ever was. 

I think we'd get a surprisingly decent enough support out there given the ex-pat community in the gulf states. Any more than 10K would be a bonus I'd imagine. 

Im booked up for Qatar 2022 already . SByrne is piloting out of the kip and said I could crash in his place
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:28am

Nothing would make me prouder than to see us boycott this pathetic excuse for a football tournament. 

If the past few world cups are anything to go by then we’ll be boycotting for ‘footballing reasons’. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:17am

Couldn't agree more. Qatar (and their neighbours in the UAE) are a morally reprehensible state with a veneer of modernity and respectability who literally use slave labour. They won't see a penny of my money. 
Whats your thoughts on corruption and cover ups, if your moral compass is so finely tuned you would would not even leave your bed in this fckin country ffs

Good man Doc, I'm clearly in favour of corruption and cover ups. Grow up there like a good lad. There is clearly lots and lots of things in this world that are morally wrong but as you say, you wouldn't be able to get out of bed or do anything with your life if you didn't accept some morally unacceptable as being inevitable and part of society, no matter how much you disapproved of them. In my view, however, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Qatar is a country that literally uses slavery, where the punishment for adultery can range from flogging to death, where people can be executed for leaving Islam, where being gay can range from a prison sentence to death, where stoning is a punishment on the statute books, where if a woman is raped and she reports it, she is liable to be prosecuted for adultery and can only prove her "innocence" if 4 Muslim men testify that the witnessed the rape. Now if you don't feel that any of that stuff is beyond the pale and is completely comparable to corruption and cover ups in Ireland, then more power to ya and enjoy your trip to the World Cup.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:08am

Wonder how many would have gone to Russia without batting an eyelid LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

cant see myself going TBH, no interest in Qatar as a country to visit which could justify the expenditure
Personally I think that is the more honest answer, a lot of good folk would find this stretching their budget way beyond their means who would normally travel to follow our country, but sure let’s get the moral outrage out there early (just in case we do qualify LOL) it’s as good an excuse as any
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:00am

There might not be a Qatar in 4 years time if that gobsh*te in the White House starts a war with Iran. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:52am
cant see myself going TBH, no interest in Qatar as a country to visit which could justify the expenditure
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:38am

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:28am

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:15pm

Clap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:08pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It's hard to stomach people in work who mean well  in fairness but make out that it was a good thing that Ireland didn't qualify the morning after the Denmark defeat as Russia is very dodgy anyway to go over to. Had another dose of that today when one of my colleagues said to think how much money you'll save by not going. 

Given the hype is slowly starting to build up for this world cup and EURO 2020 with it's 13 countries (non-tournament feel) as hosts , it'll be the guts of 3 years before we potentially qualify for a major tournament. 

I wonder for those on here (that travel regularly to Ireland games) that have posted they wouldn't go near Qatar for a world cup even if Ireland qualify, would they probably end up going despite any logistical/financial/political/moral qualms they may have with Qatar given how we haven't been at a world cup since 02. 

I would go myself (should we qualify) just to go to see Ireland at a world cup but it has to be the least attractive world cup host country there ever was. 

I think we'd get a surprisingly decent enough support out there given the ex-pat community in the gulf states.

Yeah I’d go, probably take herself and take in a few other spots whilst in that part of the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:43pm

Given the hype is slowly starting to build up for this world cup and EURO 2020 with it's 13 countries (non-tournament feel) as hosts , it'll be the guts of 5 years before we potentially qualify for the next and most attractive tournament in Germany (probably) hopefully.

I wonder for those on here (that travel regularly to Ireland games) that have posted they wouldn't go near Qatar for a world cup even if Ireland qualify, would they probably end up going despite any logistical/financial/political/moral qualms they may have with Qatar given how we haven't been at a world cup since 02?

I think we'd get a surprisingly decent enough support out there given the ex-pat community in the gulf states. Any more than 10K would be a bonus I'd imagine. 

Edited by irishmufc - 17 May 2018 at 10:53pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic