Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 93>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:41pm
there were 8 other players who pulled out a bit of perspective lads also Bournemouth pays his wages so they call the tune. I've seen no condemnation from Martin O'Neill of Arter.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

there were 8 other players who pulled out a bit of perspective lads also Bournemouth pays his wages so they call the tune. I've seen no condemnation from Martin O'Neill of Arter.
It's a regular occurrence with arter, what part of that don't you get?
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:14pm
I'm sure he'll be fighting to be fit next June. But as somebody said already in the thread, it's up to the players to give him a frosty reception when he comes back (if he ever comes back). I would be disappointed if he was welcomed back by the team and management. Somebody will miss it on a chance to go to the World Cup because of this spoofer.

All the great teams are player driven. You wouldn't last 5 minutes with the New England Patriots by pretending to be injured, nor the New Zealand rugby team.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 02 Apr 2017 at 4:18pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I'm sure he'll be fighting to be fit next June. But as somebody said already in the thread, it's up to the players to give him a frosty reception when he comes back (if he ever comes back). I would be disappointed if he was welcomed back by the team and management. Somebody will miss it on a chance to go to the World Cup because of this spoofer.

All the great teams are player driven. You wouldn't last 5 minutes with the New England Patriots by pretending to be injured, nor the New Zealand rugby team.

Don't think this is the correct word to use tbh, think he's a talented player just doesn't seem to care less about International Football.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:26pm

I would say the jury is still out on Arter but he would really want to start proving himself by turning up for every qualifier from now on until the end of the campaign. Yet more minor injuries and then he is back playing for his club a week later will begin to look very suspicious.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I would say the jury is still out on Arter but he would really want to start proving himself by turning up for every qualifier from now on until the end of the campaign. Yet more minor injuries and then he is back playing for his club a week later will begin to look very suspicious.

Give us a break! You mean it doesn't look suspicious already!

In this campaign alone he missed Georgia and Moldova through feeling tightness in his groin, despite the scan showing no injury. Of course we haven't seen the scan but it was reported as having a good outlook by rte, in otherwords, no injury, but player says he feels tightness.

To remind you: October 1st 2016: played 90 mins away to Watford.
Ruled out of Georgia and Moldova games, with groin strain.
Returns in next club game, October 15th, plays 90 mins at home to Hull.

Misses Wales game, due to calf strain. Flies to Dubai for training camp. Photographed Go-karting in Dubai two days before the Wales game, while back in the pissing rain in Dublin MON was trying to cobble together a team that could keep Wales at bay, and keep our heads above water.

Returns to club action in the first game after the break.

Maybe if we were away to UAE in a qualifier he'd fancy that.

The way I see it panning out. He's named in squad for Mex/Uru/AUT. He turns up, as Bournemouth don't have a game for 2 months. He does a presser, says his commitment was never in doubt, his calf was at him, he was unlucky but is really hoping to get to the world cup. This thread blows up with ppl slamming those of us who questioned his commitment, telling us how OTT we were and how we've been made to look silly in light of Arter's comments.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:33pm

+1
Well measured post.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Give us a break! You mean it doesn't look suspicious already!

In this campaign alone he missed Georgia and Moldova through feeling tightness in his groin, despite the scan showing no injury. Of course we haven't seen the scan but it was reported as having a good outlook by rte, in otherwords, no injury, but player says he feels tightness.

To remind you: <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">October 1st 2016: played 90 mins away to Watford.</span>
Ruled out of Georgia and Moldova games, with groin strain.
Returns in next club game, October 15th, plays 90 mins at home to Hull.

Misses Wales game, due to calf strain. Flies to Dubai for training camp. Photographed Go-karting in Dubai two days before the Wales game, while back in the pissing rain in Dublin MON was trying to cobble together a team that could keep Wales at bay, and keep our heads above water.

Returns to club action in the first game after the break.

Maybe if we were away to UAE in a qualifier he'd fancy that.

The way I see it panning out. He's named in squad for Mex/Uru/AUT. He turns up, as Bournemouth don't have a game for 2 months. He does a presser, says his commitment was never in doubt, his calf was at him, he was unlucky but is really hoping to get to the world cup. This thread blows up with ppl slamming those of us who questioned his commitment, telling us how OTT we were and how we've been made to look silly in light of Arter's comments.

Tbh Rolo I think you're a good poster but you fly off the handle at times by always seeming to find the need to take sides. Anti-Trap,Pro McCarthy,Pro O'Neill, anti After

We don't really know what the story is with Arter looking in from the outside.

I think you're jumping in with 2 feet first in judging Arter tbh
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:50pm
27 years old . Played 2 and a bit games at senior level and has been in the Irish set up for 11 years ???

He certainly has a lot to prove and if we were to qualify tomorrow he wouldn't and shouldn't be on the plane to Vlads aul stomping ground
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:57pm
He only came under the radar in 2014 after rising up through the ranks with Bournemouth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Arter
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:03am
i'd have to question his decisions too, going go-karting  ?
did the Bournemouth medical team agree with this as well...?
.... and don't let him take the penalties anyway
Come on Irelind
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:34am
To be fair go karting would be good for the calf. All that accelerating and braking.....maybe it was part of the rehabEvil Smile
It's not me it's you:-)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:41am
He has already been well named by someone on here, THE ARTERFUL DODGER
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:06pm
Starts tonight
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:56am
I didn't see the game last night but I noticed that Arter got 3 bonus points on the FPL site. Not sure who the official MoTM was but he must have played pretty well!
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:52pm
 he had assist for the equalizer, he also was involved in the first goal, closing down the defender...didn't look injured obviously the go karting and HEAT is good for injuries
Come on Irelind
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I didn't see the game last night but I noticed that Arter got 3 bonus points on the FPL site. Not sure who the official MoTM was but he must have played pretty well!

Full 90 mins ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:12pm
A strike at goal turned into a lucky assist. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 93>
  Share Topic