Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 93>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:39pm
Well Rolo, you've changed your tune. I questioned Arter's commitment when he last pulled out of a squad and you had a go at me. It was beyond disagreeing with me. It seemed personal.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Well Rolo, you've changed your tune. I questioned Arter's commitment when he last pulled out of a squad and you had a go at me. It was beyond disagreeing with me. It seemed personal.

I've changed my mind on Arter. Not happy with this carry on now, has happened too many times. 

So is it ok that I change my mind.

You seem to think I was taking a different stance on Arter the last time to have an argument with you?

Actually there was nothing personal, I don't know you. But I stood up for Arter the last time, now I'm fed up. We needed him last week when we had players with genuine injuries.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

You're normally a good poster but this is rubbish and pure conjecture. A bit of empathy is required here. We've had problems with Everton but clubs are generally as they've always been reluctant to release their players until it became mandatory under FIFA.

We've had issues with Everton under a previous manager but Eddie Howe hasn't been that much uncooperating of an obstacle IMO so far.

Believe it or not muff I'm a very empathic person. But I'm struggling to empathise with Arter here, if he is ok to train in Dubai, he's ok to train in Dublin.  
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 9:06pm
Some amount of sh*te posted on here . The lad was injured that doesn't stop Him going on a pre arranged club trip where he could work with club staff on his injury .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Some amount of sh*te posted on here . The lad was injured that doesn't stop Him going on a pre arranged club trip where he could work with club staff on his injury .
its not even that he went on the trip for me but it seems a regular occurance with him now. Any little niggle and hes not too bothered it seems.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've changed my mind on Arter. Not happy with this carry on now, has happened too many times. 

So is it ok that I change my mind.

You seem to think I was taking a different stance on Arter the last time to have an argument with you?

Actually there was nothing personal, I don't know you. But I stood up for Arter the last time, now I'm fed up. We needed him last week when we had players with genuine injuries.
Fair enough Rolo and of course it's ok to change your mind. At least you have the balls to.

I've long had reservations about Arter. I don't think he'll ever be fully committed.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 11:34pm

I think what might have raised one or two eyebrows is that he just flew straight off to Dubai with his club on the Sunday. Didn't present himself for assessment by FAI medical staff in Dublin and just emails or phones them or whatever and says "I'm not fit to play in five days' time".
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 11:35pm
Im with rolo on this- fed up of arters antics. How many squads has he pulled out of. Its verging on a disgrace. We really needed him last week and he didnt even come to get assesed- I wouldnt even add him to future squads.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 11:43pm
He'll be doing well to dodge the games in June tbf but won't be surprised if himself and Howe say he's injured again
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:18am

You're the one talking sh*te in fairness.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:38am
The fact it took him nearly 18 months to get him competitively capped for Ireland after he came on against England even the most gullible of people should know his heart really isn't in it by now.

Had a bad injury over the EURO's which everyone can say was legitimate but it seems to be a too much a regular occurrence now that he gets a slight knock for an International game and plays the next club game

This certain case where he's flown off to Dubai when he was badly needed has left a sour taste in everyone's mouths.

Edited by coyne - 02 Apr 2017 at 12:39am
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:47am
Wud he have mixed up dubai with dublin...?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Wud he have mixed up dubai with dublin...?

Very different types of sh*thole.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:05am
Delighted for him Approve
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:49am
Is there something about the Irish set up/management/training camps/dressing room that puts off some players?
In school out of a class of 30 kids there'll always be one kid who doesn't fit in or mix for no particular reason.
So is Harry Arter that kid?
Was Stephen Ireland that kid?

Do they just not give a fuch, or are they just misunderstood?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
Maybe Arter's nose was put a bit out of joint by all that sh1t he took from morons on Twitter last year when Paul Merson said he should be in the England squad.

Or maybe he had a niggle the club wanted to manage during the international break. Players play while carrying injuries all the time. You'd swear he was the only player this ever happened with the way people are going on about it on here.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

I remember reading an interview with Arter about a year ago and he said in the past he had played with niggleey injuries and that he had decided NOT to do it anymore. So basically he will always put himself first now and won't risk it. I would imagine Mon is pissed with him now. Not worth having banished from the squad just yet mind.

It's one thing doing that on a cold monday night away to Stoke. This was a vital match in the world cup. It comes around every four years. About three times in the average players career. We had the biggest injury crisis for years. We've gone from being in absolute poll position to win the group, to the whole thing now being on a knife edge, with a play off against a team who are better than us a likely outcome. 

Edited by TonyNotJack - 02 Apr 2017 at 11:28am
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

I remember reading an interview with Arter about a year ago and he said in the past he had played with niggleey injuries and that he had decided NOT to do it anymore. So basically he will always put himself first now and won't risk it. I would imagine Mon is pissed with him now. Not worth having banished from the squad just yet mind.

It's one thing doing that on a cold monday night away to Stoke. This was a vital match in the world cup. It comes around every four years. About three times in the average players career. We had the biggest injury crisis for years. We've gone from being in absolute poll position to win the group, to the whole thing now being on a knife edge, with a play off against a team who are better than us a likely outcome. 

Thanks for telling us how important the game was, how often a world cup takes place, and your assessment of the group. All good stuff in the Harry Arter thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 93>
  Share Topic