You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:19pm
Tough today but we were very sloppy. Huge improvement needed but conditions were very tough and I thought the ref was absolutely cat. But that's from seeing it live

We score some amount of goals, another 3 today. We walked Mayo and today was the toughest test but in reality should have won more comfortably

Anyways, onto Tuam in a fortnight and hopefully we get our trophy back
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:57pm
I can't see Mitchels troubling Corofin, made very hard work of Clann.I was expecting Mitchels to be a lot better than they showed today.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 8:46pm
I was at the game today and I don't think i've seen a worse reffing performance.He was bad for both sides but very bad for Mitchells.He lost the plot and really was a liability.In a closer game this wold have been a much bigger issue.

Corofin would be favourites for the final and being played in Tuam is probably a bit of an advantage to them.Mitchells are a very good club side though and have some great standout players in Feeney,Durcan and Barry Moran.I would expect Paddy Durcan to be a big player for Mayo come the summer.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tough today but we were very sloppy. Huge improvement needed but conditions were very tough and I thought the ref was absolutely cat. But that's from seeing it live

We score some amount of goals, another 3 today. We walked Mayo and today was the toughest test but in reality should have won more comfortably

Anyways, onto Tuam in a fortnight and hopefully we get our trophy back

LOL

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 9:37pm
Anyone have an idea of the attendance today in Hyde Park? I thought it was very small for provincial semi final,maybe 2500.It's often been mentioned but Hyde park is a terrible sh1thole of a ground.The toilet situation is embarrassing,the ground itself is obviously falling apart but in fairness how hard would it have been for them to cut the grass?

Looking forward to heading back to Tuam stadium,I don't think ive been there since 99.I heard it had fallen into disrepair,I know they had a plan to build a new stand there but don't think it happened.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 9:48pm
Good win for Portlaoise today over Sarsfield.

Reckon they will be very hard beaten in Leinster this year if they can click.

Pity for Portlaoise that Zach Touhy isn't available, he would be one of the top footballers in Leinster if available for Laois. He is exceptional. 

Edited by Green Devil - 08 Nov 2015 at 9:49pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Anyone have an idea of the attendance today in Hyde Park? I thought it was very small for provincial semi final,maybe 2500.It's often been mentioned but Hyde park is a terrible sh1thole of a ground.The toilet situation is embarrassing,the ground itself is obviously falling apart but in fairness how hard would it have been for them to cut the grass?
There's a terrible bang of famine and poverty about it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:51pm
I see the cute hoor Kirry animals have attempted to pull the wool over everybody's eyes yet again by nominating Killarney Legion to play in the Munster club SFC. 

This is squarely against the GAA's rules - see Rule 6.24.

https://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/official_guides/2015%20Official%20Guide%20-%20Part%201.pdf

"In the event of a County or Provincial Championship not being completed, the respective Provincial or All-Ireland Championship shall continue without a representative of the County or Province concerned."  

God, but you couldn't be up to them.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:53pm
Kerry have one convoluted club championship
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kerry have one convoluted club championship
There's no greater day in the GAA than the day of the final of the East Kerry championship (Mid-West Division), played on a rainy and windswept hilltop in Knocknapiseog on the first Sunday of January each year.
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 4:57pm
Lads.. Anyone hear the rumour of a certain Dublin player and certain Mayo player involved in an altercation at the All Star awards on Friday night?
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by RazorMac RazorMac wrote:

Lads.. Anyone hear the rumour of a certain Dublin player and certain Mayo player involved in an altercation at the All Star awards on Friday night?

FFS

Heard nothing but am interested now Would these certain players have had an altercation in the past?
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 6:29pm

FFS

Heard nothing but am interested now Would these certain players have had an altercation in the past?
Not sure if there's any truth. Was just wondering if any Mayo or dubs lads here heard anything. Though my source is normally spot on. Your right about the Mayo player. Dubs player is not the 1 you are thinking but take a second guess and you'll be right.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:37pm

FFS

Not sure if there's any truth. Was just wondering if any Mayo or dubs lads here heard anything. Though my source is normally spot on. Your right about the Mayo player. Dubs player is not the 1 you are thinking but take a second guess and you'll be right.
Keegan and McMahon?
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

FFS

Keegan and McMahon?
Apparently so Sid. I'm waiting on more info. As soon as I get it I'll let yis know. Just got a text today saying there was digs thrown. It's second hand information so could be nothing. I was just wondering if the Mayo lads had heard anything?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 10:25pm
Its a farce that Legion will be representing Kerry on the basis they are the last remaining club in the county championship. Its possible they will win nothing and get the honour of this. Dingle have every right to feel aggrieved over it. And that's not even mentioning the injury time debacle that seen the ref play 4 and a half minutes of injury time after indicating 2 to give Legion the draw.  
Dev View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 10:50pm
Where do dingle come in to this panteira? what is the system in kerry it seems very complicated?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 10:51pm
Yeah I couldn't figure out the Dingle thing either today. Feckin mind boggling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226>
  Share Topic