You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 226>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 1:54pm
No-one has got them closer than John Maughan - they should give him another ding at it!
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Shane Curran might go for it.
LOL

First senior management job and he has the club into the county final.Be no f**kin listening to him if they win it.
If he wins it he will job ship first chance he gets.He will definitely try to get involved in the Ros county set up.
Did the ref send him away from the sideline on Sunday?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 2:01pm
We were a better team under Horan. And Horan has got them at least as close as Maughan (1 point!). Both did huge things for Mayo football but not the ultimate. Horan really transformed football here. 5 semi finals in a row as well as Connacht titles in the last 5 years. The 5 years previous:

2010 - Lost to Sligo in Connacht, lost to Longford 2 weeks later in qualifier
2009 - Connacht title, feeble loss to Meath in last 8
2008 - Beaten by Galway in Castlebar, lost to eventual champs Tyrone in qualifiers in Croker by a point
2007 - Hammered by Galway, lost in qualifiers to Derry, another hammering
2006 - Won Connacht, battered out the gate by Kerry

It has to be said, that is some swing. If any Mayo fan was told leaving Pearse Park in Longford that day that we wouldn't lose a game in Connacht until 2016 at the earliest, they'd have a good laugh.

In fairness to Maughan, he took over a similarly shambolic setup!!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Shane Curran might go for it.
LOL

First senior management job and he has the club into the county final.Be no f**kin listening to him if they win it.
If he wins it he will job ship first chance he gets.He will definitely try to get involved in the Ros county set up.
Did the ref send him away from the sideline on Sunday?

Yup, in the first few minutes of the second half.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

We were a better team under Horan. And Horan has got them at least as close as Maughan (1 point!). Both did huge things for Mayo football but not the ultimate. Horan really transformed football here. 5 semi finals in a row as well as Connacht titles in the last 5 years. The 5 years previous:

2008 - Beaten by Galway in Castlebar, lost to eventual champs Tyrone in qualifiers in Croker by a point

It has to be said, that is some swing. If any Mayo fan was told leaving Pearse Park in Longford that day that we wouldn't lose a game in Connacht until 2016 at the earliest, they'd have a good laugh.

Forgive my ignorance but what has Maughan done since leaving in 05? A third stint is rare enough in management terms (all sports) anyways but not sure what Maughan could do bring Mayo on further?
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:48pm
He has been dipping in and out of underage football, Bo. I wouldn't be overly keen on his return.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:51pm
Bar the odd spot on radio, I've heard nothing about him. Its a different style of game from the one he was over 10 years ago too so you'd want him to be up to date in that regard. He might be alright with underage teams but the step up is huge to the Senior game even from U-21.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 4:00pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:16am
Jack McCaffrey nominated for POTY but not YPOTY

No Brian Fenton in the YPOTY category either which is U-23 AFAIK
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Jack McCaffrey nominated for POTY but not YPOTY

No Brian Fenton in the YPOTY category either which is U-23 AFAIK
I'm pretty sure it's under-21 which would rule out both McCaffrey and Fenton. A quick look at the winners list would certainly suggest so.

However the fact that there has long running widespread confusion over the eligibility rules for the award does not say much for the GAA's PR department. I went looking for the actual eligibility rule some weeks back and couldn't find anything. The best information I found was that the award is given to "a young player".  
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:04pm
Kieran Martin got an allstar nomination first one in Wetmeath for a while Clap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 3:18pm
Diarmuid O'Connor has been outstanding this year. He has some future ahead of him.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:39pm
Donegals darrach "jigger" oconnor has had a bad year with injuries and the news tonight has made it alot worse. He's damaged his cruciate and will be out for 9 months

Very unfortunate for the young lad as he was being touted as potential captain for the u21s and to have a bigger part to play with the seniors next year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 9:27pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 9:32pm
Hope some of ye got on that bet I posted last week. 4 from 4, all very comfortable wins
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:56am
Just heard Ger Breenan has retired from inter county football. Thought he might of gave it another year. Looking good for Vinnies this year. Fair play to him though. Good servant.
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 4:34pm
Mitchels are champions again a lovely football team, serious challenge to Corofin and further afield

Well done boys
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but what has Maughan done since leaving in 05? A third stint is rare enough in management terms (all sports) anyways but not sure what Maughan could do bring Mayo on further?

He managed Achill to intermediate final last year , but to answer your question he could do nothing to bring mayo further, a great servant whose time is gone
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 226>
  Share Topic