You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 329>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 5:45pm
Out in Dubai anyhow at present is Justin. A very promising player and his younger brother was on trial with Atletico before Young Matt Doc was over there even. 
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 12:55pm
At 15 years, 9 months & 8 days old Mason Melia becomes the youngest goal scorer in LOI history.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

At 15 years, 9 months & 8 days old Mason Melia becomes the youngest goal scorer in LOI history.

Ive seen this posted everywhere today including the official LOI social media pages, but as far as I can tell Kevin Zefi is still the youngest by 75 days. Confused

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Jul 2023 at 1:34pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Ive seen this posted everywhere today including the official LOI social media pages, but as far as I can tell Kevin Zefi is still the youngest by 75 days. Confused

Zefi wasn't in the top division tho...maybe that's it?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:52pm
Yeah Zefi scored in the first division for the B team. Should have thrown Premier Division into the post.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Zefi wasn't in the top division tho...maybe that's it?

Maybe. None of them said Premier Division though, just "youngest ever League of Ireland goalscorer". Pats themselves were only saying he was their youngest scorer.

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Jul 2023 at 1:54pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:59pm

Pats themselves were only saying he was their youngest scorer.

This morning though Pats had up he was the youngest in LOI history but didn't mention anything about it being the PD. That's where I got the 15 years, 9 months & 8 days from.

https://twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/1675050138396504065
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 2:44pm

Pats themselves were only saying he was their youngest scorer.

This morning though Pats had up he was the youngest in LOI history but didn't mention anything about it being the PD. That's where I got the 15 years, 9 months & 8 days from.

Probably taking it from the official LOI accounts who said he was. Last night they were just saying he was their youngest.

http://twitter.com/LeagueofIreland/status/1674885883613310976

Wasnt having a go at you btw or trying to take anything away from the kid, just pointing out that the LOI socials are incorrect with their stat.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iโ€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 6:08pm
Goalkeeper Matt Boylan has joined St.Pats from Lincoln.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:44am
Square profile picture
Blackburn Rovers
@Rovers
ยท
๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช #Rovers youngster Rory Finneran has been named the Republic of Ireland Menโ€™s U15 International Player of the Year, to cap a fantastic season for both club and country. Congratulations, Rory! ๐Ÿ‘
Idah Dream!
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 10:55am
what's the latest with Justin Ferizaj at Shamrock Rovers? Blackburn were rumoured to be in for him a few weeks ago. Seemed like a top talent but is hardly getting a look in at Rovers this year. Has he fallen out with Stephen Bradley?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:20am

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Glen McAuley signs for Pats. 

This lad now playing for Bluebell. From Liverpool youth stardom to playing LSL. What happened?

Failed to make the step up to mens football and ultimately found his level. Struggled in the first division with Shels and Athlone before ending up at Bluebell.

Glen has now branched into trying his hand at Drill music 

El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:37am
Amazing that he didn't make it at Liverpool...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:49am
I suppose it's all Liverpool's fault?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 10:10am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I suppose it's all Liverpool's fault?

Yeap its in the club heritage. John Barnes and Ryan Babel come to mind Smile
El Puto Amo
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:38pm
James Abankwah training with Mason Greenwood and Anthony Elanga, according to a piece in the Daily Mail. No idea what the link is there
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:56pm
Odd one alright - do they share an agent or a private fitness coach or something maybe?

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

James Abankwah training with Mason Greenwood and Anthony Elanga, according to a piece in the Daily Mail. No idea what the link is there

I see Udinese are back in pre season training? Has he an injury which has delayed his return or is he moving on? Strange one. 

Iโ€™m guessing a possible agent link? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 329>
  Share Topic