You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 12:56pm
I'd say the posts in the OWC forum have been interesting.
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The comments in the BelTel are certainly interesting.

Examples?

Sean and the FAI are bigots, sectarian and stealing players etc..

They have multiple articles on Sean Moore - they keep pedaling the same article looking to stir the pot.

The idea to have a truly inclusive team is completely lost on them

Plays in to our hands so I wont complain 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 2:55pm

the comments from o’Niell are worse… something along the lines of “he can play for the ‘country’ he was born in or choose the ROI”… just basically denying the lads Irishness
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

the comments from o’Niell are worse… something along the lines of “he can play for the ‘country’ he was born in or choose the ROI”… just basically denying the lads Irishness

O'Neill knows who's buttering his bread, he's pandered to that demographic since day 1.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 3:51pm
It was funny seeing O'Neill having to walk back his comments on the anthem, that he made in that documentary last year, when he came back into the NI job. 

“Possibly I maybe didn’t articulate myself well enough to say what I meant to say.

“For me, I don’t necessarily think it should be changed. What I said was that I felt we were a little bit disadvantaged at times, just for that brief moment before a game when you’re playing against a nation — and I think you’ve seen that at the World Cup with the anthems.

“I’ve said what I need to say on that, it’s not important for me going forward. I fully respect the anthem that we have and I don’t envisage any change there.”

Truly a man without principles. He's completely compromised now as a result of his pandering to the more bigoted wing of their support, basically.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Feb 2023 at 3:54pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 4:25pm
The IFA should have exclusive rights to players who are also eligible to another association while no other association in world, approx.180, has that privilege? MON has been coming out with absolute sh*te like this for years. The last time he made accusations against the FAI of being sectarian in its approach towards Catholic players, he had all the well known scrotes from the PUL community praising him on social media.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 5:40pm
Kian Leavy joins Shels on loan from Reading 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It was funny seeing O'Neill having to walk back his comments on the anthem, that he made in that documentary last year, when he came back into the NI job. 

“Possibly I maybe didn’t articulate myself well enough to say what I meant to say.

“For me, I don’t necessarily think it should be changed. What I said was that I felt we were a little bit disadvantaged at times, just for that brief moment before a game when you’re playing against a nation — and I think you’ve seen that at the World Cup with the anthems.

“I’ve said what I need to say on that, it’s not important for me going forward. I fully respect the anthem that we have and I don’t envisage any change there.”

Truly a man without principles. He's completely compromised now as a result of his pandering to the more bigoted wing of their support, basically.

That makes cringey reading alright Dead.  

Scarlah for the fella. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That makes cringey reading alright Dead.  

Scarlah for the fella. 

That catch 22 will never change. Any attempt at compromise up there by unionists is seen as a mortal defeat. They've made there bed and they need to lie in it 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 2:43pm
Under 16 squad for a two games against the Swiss in Spain next week. Decent spread among the LOI teams & looks like the FAI have dug up another Spanish kid: 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 2:48pm
A second Sean Moore is going to be confusing. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the Sean O'Brien thing in the rugby where there were about four of them.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Under 16 squad for a two games against the Swiss in Spain next week. Decent spread among the LOI teams & looks like the FAI have dug up another Spanish kid: 

Interestingly another from the Malaga academy after Caden McLoughlin whos now with Villareal.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Interestingly another from the Malaga academy after Caden McLoughlin whos now with Villareal.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 3:34pm
Wonder if he's the same lad that was called up last year. Not sure if it was U15s or U16s but their was another kid from Spain in one of the squads last year.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Ochoa-Maloney Clap
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He's on loan there, they're Villareal's associate club
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 11:39pm
U17s got a 1-0 win against Hungary today. 

Quality assist from young winger Ike Orazi beating a few lads.

Can see here:

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

U17s got a 1-0 win against Hungary today. 

Quality assist from young winger Ike Orazi beating a few lads.

Can see here:

Jaysus, cracking goal Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 329>
  Share Topic