Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 329>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 10:02pm
Debut Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 1:45pm
Not sure if it's being mentioned but Cristiano Fitzgerald has signed a long-term contract at Boavista.

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:44pm
Should just give him a cap for the name alone.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:48pm
The sublimely named Millenic Alli of Halifax is Irish according to WorldFootball and his club's Twitter account. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:55pm
Jamie Mullins announced by Brighton today. Have to say any Irish lads going to Brighton is a good thing.
Far better than say... Celtic
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/cristiano-fitzgerald-reveals-boavista-ireland-28867949#ICID=Android_IrishMirrorNewsApp_AppShare

Cristiano Fitzgerald is keen on Ireland. 
Yeah, read that.
Comes across as a decent skin.
And he realises he needs to be playing senior club football to aspire to get into our 21's squad, so fair play to him.
Hope he's good enough and we see him in Tallaght over the next year orn two.

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 4:49pm

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/cristiano-fitzgerald-reveals-boavista-ireland-28867949#ICID=Android_IrishMirrorNewsApp_AppShare

Git Fitz is Eire loyal. Eligble for four or five countries?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Git Fitz is Eire loyal. Eligble for four or five countries?

Ireland, France, Singapore, and he's been in Portugal long enough to apply for citizenship I believe.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 7:36pm
Three Irish players on the EFL 21 under 21 list this year - Omobamidele, Cashin and Knight. Not a bad return there. Irish born Dennis Cirkin is also on the list, who knows we may see him switch to us at some point down the line.

The criteria to get in are that players have to be born in 2001 or later, contracted to an EFL club (Championship, League 1 or League 2), they can't be on loan from a Premier League team and they can't have more than 10 Premier League appearances.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:25pm
I see Ed McGinty is starting for Oxford United at home to Arsenal in the FA Cup. His fourth start in a row. Potential?
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:45pm

I see Ed McGinty is starting for Oxford United at home to Arsenal in the FA Cup. His fourth start in a row. Potential?

Wouldn't be surprised if he switches to Scotland, he was born and raised there and they don't seem to have many up-and-coming goalkeepers
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:46pm

Possibly, but it's one position we're flush in. Minimum of 4 keepers ahead of him.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:55pm
Its good to see but i think their main keeper is injured also so he has had a run lately.
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:07pm

Stephan Negru on the bench (more likely to play for Moldova I believe) & McGuane in the middle qualified at one point but that might’ve changed 

Edited by 9fingers - 09 Jan 2023 at 8:09pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if he switches to Scotland, he was born and raised there and they don't seem to have many up-and-coming goalkeepers

Maybe but he's done okay going the Ireland route though, both for international and club. Would be very natural for him to fancy a run at it for Ireland. Is there need to idly speculate because he wasn't born here?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:13pm
Wacko
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Maybe but he's done okay going the Ireland route though, both for international and club. Would be very natural for him to fancy a run at it for Ireland. Is there need to idly speculate because he wasn't born here?

I think it a fair point given he has Bazunu, Kelleher and Travers to compete with for the next 15 years or so. Wouldn't be the outside the realms of possibility if he was approached.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 329>
  Share Topic