You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 7:24pm
Odubeko, Oko-Flex and Coventry all playing for WH U23's here v Arsenal.
And Mazeed Ogungbo playing for Arsenal.

Stream:

Shuld add, WH one up and you know who scored...

Edited by Fozz - 16 Aug 2021 at 7:26pm
Sponsored Links

gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 7:33pm
Watching the game and impressed by all 3 so far, never seen Okoflex play this well, Coventry very tidy, oozes a bit of class, which I haven't noticed before, very calm under pressure.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:17pm
Lovely goal by oko-Flex.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:18pm
And the 3rd from Coventry!

Gowan the Irish boyz Tongue

Edited by Fozz - 16 Aug 2021 at 8:21pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:27pm
And Oko-Flex gets another.
The three lads having v good games.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:27pm
The kicking and screaming through gritted teeth ah well I suppose it beats not playing any international football I'm well Irish I am Irish boys.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:35pm
It is really true what they say about u-23 football. Zero intensity in the game. Arsenal trying to play out and just getting picked off. West Ham walking the ball in. Yarmolenko taking the piss, flicking the ball round players at will because he knows it's a joke. I wouldn't attach any significance to anything the 3 Irish lads are doing out there. Okoflex was linked to a loan move to Shamrock Rovers last year. He would've been 100 times better off.

Edited by Dr. Pat - 16 Aug 2021 at 8:35pm
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The kicking and screaming through gritted teeth ah well I suppose it beats not playing any international football I'm well Irish I am Irish boys.

He’s ours at least will no doubt put his head down for us. Watching it here now he looks a very tricky skilful winger god forbid when’s the last time we had one of them. 

With Europe too hopefully himself and Coventry will get some nice gametime. Of West Ham’s youngsters and they have some nice ones they look well placed to do so of them all. 

23s football is a bit meh Yarmolenko Lanzini Coventry Johnson and a few others are embarrassingly too good for it.  
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

It is really true what they say about u-23 football. Zero intensity in the game. Arsenal trying to play out and just getting picked off. West Ham walking the ball in. Yarmolenko taking the piss, flicking the ball round players at will because he knows it's a joke. I wouldn't attach any significance to anything the 3 Irish lads are doing out there. Okoflex was linked to a loan move to Shamrock Rovers last year. He would've been 100 times better off.

It’s a huge general problem isn’t it our young players rotting in 23s football in their late teens early 20s as opposed to getting out playing men’s football. 

I’d be optimistic Coventry and Oko Flex will see Cup/Europa League gametime this season Coventry in particular is only waiting for his chance and there’s an opportunity for him to not only establish himself but start taking Nobles minutes who must be 55 now and can’t go on forever. 

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Jake O'Brien has now signed a professional contract with Crystal Palace.
And scores for palace in PL2
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It’s a huge general problem isn’t it our young players rotting in 23s football in their late teens early 20s as opposed to getting out playing men’s football. 

I’d be optimistic Coventry and Oko Flex will see Cup/Europa League gametime this season Coventry in particular is only waiting for his chance and there’s an opportunity for him to not only establish himself but start taking Nobles minutes who must be 55 now and can’t go on forever. 

More reason to heap praise on Parrott for getting men's football as soon as he could. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Jake O'Brien has now signed a professional contract with Crystal Palace.
And scores for palace in PL2

Evan Ferguson scored for Brighton too. Plenty of other Irish on show there with Molumby, Furlong and Moran also featuring.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

More reason to heap praise on Parrott for getting men's football as soon as he could. 

Exactly it was blatantly a case of a boy in a mans sport with Parrott last year the baptism of fire was huge for him but long term he could look back on being out of his depth in the 20/21 season as the making of him. 

Now Kilkenny is an example of a player that has bided his time and now he’s getting his chance in a real decent side that have a chance of going up and Coventry may well end up in the same boat. I don’t know do the odds favour this mind.  
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
Looks like Brighton and West ham have a large chunk of the best young irish players at the moment.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Looks like Brighton and West ham have a large chunk of the best young irish players at the moment.
U23 ain’t much good though.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 10:33pm
It's a shame Under 23 football isn't remotely competitive or any kind of indicator as to who is going to go on and make it as a top level pro, because our lads have been putting in some incredible performances at that level in the last few years.

But, as already pointed out, it's largely meaningless. Most of these lads need to get out on loan and play games at senior level, even if it's League 2 or whatever. One season of Under 23s is fine maybe, but after that get out and play real football.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:43pm
U18s  on YouTube today 17.0/ ko v Hungary.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:10pm
anyone got info on the players in this U18 group, who are the stand out lads?

From posts on here etc I recognise a few of them but most are unknowns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 329>
  Share Topic