You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm
Also Twitter tells me McNulty and Noss are both starting for their clubs in preseason friendlies.
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 5:37pm
Maybe some new options for September's games 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
Wouldn't think so.
This is the time of year thee fringe players get gametime, what with some lads not back in camp because of the Euros etc.
But it's still a positive and hopefully both these lads, and others are closer to the 1st team than last season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 10:40pm
According to kennys kids on twitter. 16 year old midfielder Cian Coleman is training with the Leeds utd first team for pre season. 

So it's looking like this could be the second group of irish lads with exceptional potential coming through that 16 to 19 age group.

Cian Coleman - 16
Andrew Moran - 17
Evan ferguson - 16
Kevin Zefi - 16
Calum Kavenagh -17
Joshua Ireland - 17
Gavin Bazunu - 19
Andrew Omobamideli - 19
Troy Parrott - 19
Bosun Lawal - 18
JJ Finn - 17

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

According to kennys kids on twitter. 16 year old midfielder Cian Coleman is training with the Leeds utd first team for pre season. 

So it's looking like this could be the second group of irish lads with exceptional potential coming through that 16 to 19 age group.

Cian Coleman - 16
Andrew Moran - 17
Evan ferguson - 16
Kevin Zefi - 16
Calum Kavenagh -17
Joshua Ireland - 17
Gavin Bazunu - 19
Andrew Omobamideli - 19
Troy Parrott - 19
Bosun Lawal - 18
JJ Finn - 17

From same u15/16s group as Zefi, Ferguson etc.. you also have

Justin Ferizaj (Zefi's cousin) - 15. Just had trials with Roma.
Sam Curtis - 15. Also just had trials with Roma as well as Leverkusen.
Cathal Heffernan - 15. Had trials with several Serie A clubs.
Caden McLoughlin - 16. At Villareal.
Rocco Vata (Rudi Vata's son) - 15. Just signed a pro contract with Celtic.

Then theres also

Glory Nzingo - 17. Just signed with Reins in Ligue Un from Pats.
Dan Rose - 17. At Schalke.
Festy Ebosele - 18
Sean Roughan - 18
Anselmo MacNulty Garcia - 18. Currently training with first team at Borussia Monchengladback.
Dawson Devoy - 19
Shane Flynn - 19

Probably a couple of others I'm missing.

Whatever the Clubs/ FAI have been doing in recent years really seems to be coming to fruition now.

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 5:32pm
Certainly seems to be a lot of talent coming through. I know we always get over-excited about seeing kids coming through the ranks and the vast majority wont make it to the highest levels, but does seem to be a good crop and fingers crossed we produce a few decent players! Fair play to the clubs, the likes of Rovers, Bohs, Cork, Sligo seem to have no problem throwing in a good 16 yr old and giving them exposure
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 7:16pm
I’d add Zak Gilsenan into this list too. Has ourselves and Australia as an option but every chance he may declare for us surely. Looks an exceptional prospect.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Certainly seems to be a lot of talent coming through. I know we always get over-excited about seeing kids coming through the ranks and the vast majority wont make it to the highest levels, but does seem to be a good crop and fingers crossed we produce a few decent players! Fair play to the clubs, the likes of Rovers, Bohs, Cork, Sligo seem to have no problem throwing in a good 16 yr old and giving them exposure
Yes, the clubs seem to be filling out their squads and giving Pro contracts to young Irish lads rather than journeymen from over the water.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Cian Coleman - 16
Andrew Moran - 17
Evan ferguson - 16
Kevin Zefi - 16
Calum Kavenagh -17
Joshua Ireland - 17
Gavin Bazunu - 19
Andrew Omobamideli - 19
Troy Parrott - 19
Bosun Lawal - 18
JJ Finn - 17

The main positive is the vast majority of these on this list are attacking players and midfielders. Tom Cannon at Everton and Zak Gilsenan at Blackburn are another two that look extremely promising a striker and an attacking midfielder. 

Tayo Adaramola at Palace is another notable omission here. He is thought of very highly at Palace a left back no harm another position we are quite light in. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I’d add Zak Gilsenan into this list too. Has ourselves and Australia as an option but every chance he may declare for us surely. Looks an exceptional prospect.

...I dunno about that

“I was born in Australia and they’re the country I have a really good feeling for,” he explained.

“I was there until the age of nine, growing up and playing junior football at Sorrento (in Perth).

“It would be massive for me to one day play for the Socceroos - and I’m really going to push for that.”

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

...I dunno about that

“I was born in Australia and they’re the country I have a really good feeling for,” he explained.

“I was there until the age of nine, growing up and playing junior football at Sorrento (in Perth).

“It would be massive for me to one day play for the Socceroos - and I’m really going to push for that.”

He was in a training camp with Ireland 2 months ago. Those comments are lobger from 2 years ago. He has since matured and seen error of his ways 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:05pm
Not another will he wont he. Please no
I love beer gardens
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Not another will he wont he. Please no

What do we have if we don't have the seasonal 'will he, won't he' drama as ireland fans.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm
All our players shud be branded with a shamrock at an early age to show they are ours 😂 your ours now booy 

Edited by doherty - 12 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

...I dunno about that

He was in a training camp with Ireland 2 months ago. Those comments are lobger from 2 years ago. He has since matured and seen error of his ways 

This is it joined our training camp two months ago. He has said that about Australia. It does look a 50/50 so who knows. Pointless getting caught up in the will he won’t he as lads have said but when he joined up an Irish training camp 2 months ago there’s a chance he will play for us yet. One to keep in mind. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:35pm
Bosun Lawal has signed for Celtic from Watford. Another young fella gone to Celtic. Hope this works out better then it has done for the previous lads. 👀
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:53pm

Bosun Lawal has signed for Celtic from Watford. Another young fella gone to Celtic. Hope this works out better then it has done for the previous lads. 👀

Disaster, a graveyard for young irish players in recent times. Must be an academy signing as I can't imagine their new manager has gone out of his way to identify this young irish kid who hasn't played a senior game as one of his first signings. Hopefully it goes well for him. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:56pm
Ah well, another young prospect bites the dust then. I'm sure Celtic B will have a decent team in the Lowland League all the same. You'd wonder how lads think they'll develop to the best of their ability playing in the fifth tier of Scottish football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 329>
  Share Topic