Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 330>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:51pm
May as well start playing anybody with a bit of promise. Things can't get too much worse and we may even build a decent team for Qatar
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 6:16pm
Bobby Moseley played left back for Stoke in their preseason against Porto.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:34pm
Dan Cleary got a 32 minute run out v Swindon today
The only way is up
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:44pm
Callum O'Dowda at Cambridge United has a pretty impressive highlight reel:

If he can add a final ball he could be quite a prospect
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 5:54pm
Hes with Oxford certainly seems to be quick and has ability.One to look out for

smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 7:20pm
Saw in the Sunday Indo that 4 top U/16's have signed for Stevenage Town rather than play in the new U/17 league. Can some one please put meat on the bones.
alive and kicking
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 7:31pm
Ha - oh yeah. Oxford it is.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:42pm
Snippet from report on Liverpool under 21 game today

"Up to that point Michael Beale’s charges had been impressive. With Cameron Brannagan leading by example in the middle of the park, Alex O'Hanlon spraying the ball around from left to right with precision and style, and Sergi Canos and Harry Wilson a threat in the wide areas, all that was lacking in the play was a goal."

O'Hanlon doing alright it would seem!
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Snippet from report on Liverpool under 21 game today

"Up to that point Michael Beale’s charges had been impressive. With Cameron Brannagan leading by example in the middle of the park, Alex O'Hanlon spraying the ball around from left to right with precision and style, and Sergi Canos and Harry Wilson a threat in the wide areas, all that was lacking in the play was a goal."

O'Hanlon doing alright it would seem!

Dan Cleary played aswell
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:32pm
O'Hanlon is the best passer of the ball at his level in England, according to his manager http://m.goal.com/s/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2015/07/18/13685362/liverpool-starlet-ohanlon-has-premier-league-quality-says
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:35pm
Samir Carruthers - another midfield prospect- bossed the middle of the park for MK Dons in their first Championship game. 4-1 win against Rotherham. Carruthers cut his forehead open and finished the game in a bandage. Fans love that stuff. I can see him being a bit hit this year.

http://m.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/dons-ratings-vs-rotherham-special-spence-helps-fire-dons-to-the-top-1-6893477
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:36pm
O'Hanlon being praised on twitter aswel about his passing, hope he gets a loan move soon even though hes still 18 he you can see the class he has .
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:37pm
Heres highlights of the Liverpool Chelsea u21 game, O'Hanlon with a few defence splitting pings, he really does have a beautiful left peg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Flnq8gSjo
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:37pm
Brandon Miele of Shamrock Rovers seems to have something about him. Still 21 and hitting a rich run of form in front of goal. Two very different goals here showing a breadth of talent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ystE0F2YDk

Anybody have any insight? Does he have the talent to take the step up to the seniors at some point?

Edited by DeclanDaly - 12 Aug 2015 at 2:38pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Brandon Miele of Shamrock Rovers seems to have something about him. Still 21 and hitting a rich run of form in front of goal. Two very different goals here showing a breadth of talent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ystE0F2YDk

Anybody have any insight? Does he have the talent to take the step up to the seniors at some point?
Spent 4 years at Newcatle.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 6:20pm
Rory Hale at Aston Villa made his debut for the full side during preseason and signed a pro contract. Nice write up here: https://twitter.com/Hazer1879/status/629338894413250561 NI underage international, but looks like he might be interested in playing for us - at least according to his Twitter feed. Not sure if we have approached him.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:48pm
Glen Rea started for brighton, john o sullivan and darragh lenihan started for blackburn last night with alan browne starting for preston tonight. Currently have carruthers, cunningham, williams, kavangh, browne, doherty, lenihan, o sullivan, rea, grego cox all in and around first team squads in the championship. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them can have a good season and push for a place in the irish squad
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 1:24pm
Fella who empties our private waste bins in work is Kevin Toner at Villa's Godfather, was telling me this morning he is captain of the under 21 side, was screaming Joe Cole out of it in a match the other day for not tracking back. Will be heading out on loan soon. He signed a new contract in the summer, a good few teams were in for him at the time. Centre Half, be great to see him get a chance under Tim Sherwood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 330>
  Share Topic