You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 330>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:57pm
Last minute winner for Conor McCarthy against Rangers in the League Cup. Jamie McGrath with the other two in a 3-2 win. They're still unbeaten since Jake Doyle-Hayes signed.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:01pm
Absolutely superb Clap
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:19pm
And Dylan Connolly won the penalty.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:43pm
Jim Goodwin starting to build a reputation as a decent manager in Scotland as well. Plenty of young Irish talent at St Mirren. Probably not the big names that get talked about all the time on here but the likes of McCarthy and Doyle Hayes will go on to have solid careers I think.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:45pm
mc carty a very solid defender alright , i think he will be good enough for the english 2nd tier soon
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Last minute winner for Conor McCarthy against Rangers in the League Cup. Jamie McGrath with the other two in a 3-2 win. They're still unbeaten since Jake Doyle-Hayes signed.

Is that 5 goals in 4 games for him now? Been on a very good run lately.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Is that 5 goals in 4 games for him now? Been on a very good run lately.

Yeah. And Doyle-Hayes's signing has coincided with an 8 game unbeaten run. Dylan Connolly was involved in two goals as well; tormented Rangers with his pace.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:33pm
Always rated Jaimie McGrath. Really showing his talent lately. Potentially could be called into a squad in the future if he keeps his form up. Decent player.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:34pm
Great result for the Irish boys at St Mirren. We should definitely keep our eyes on them and not dismiss their prospects because they are playing in the spfl. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 2:23am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Always rated Jaimie McGrath. Really showing his talent lately. Potentially could be called into a squad in the future if he keeps his form up. Decent player.

Very nice goal for the 2nd. Good feet, makes time for
himself. Always thought he was the nearly man in LOI but he’s in a good run of form and definitely has some talent 

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 1:34pm
Crystal Palace have had a bid turned down for Armstrong Okoflex, who is nearing the last six months of his current deal with Celtic. They are reported to be considering a higher bid for the 18 yr old winger.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 4:14pm
I know the Danny Grant talk has been around for a while, with Hull, Peterborough and Huddersfield all possible destinations, but it looks like it’s coming to a head now:

I haven’t seen much of him, but can anyone cast any light on the type of player we have on our hands? In his highlight reel he looks pacey and determined with the ability to get past people, sort of like a young James McClean. Is he more technical than that?
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 4:23pm
I was wondering the same thing. Haven't seen a lot of him but it seems he's a right-footed winger who can play on either flank. The Kenny's Kids  Twitter account (now back up and running) has videos of some of his goals.

Seems he was very keen on a Championship move and backed himself with the move to Huddersfield rather than one of the League One sides that were in for him. Shows belief in himself. 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 4:26pm
looks like he’s going to Huddersfield 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I know the Danny Grant talk has been around for a while, with Hull, Peterborough and Huddersfield all possible destinations, but it looks like it’s coming to a head now:

I haven’t seen much of him, but can anyone cast any light on the type of player we have on our hands? In his highlight reel he looks pacey and determined with the ability to get past people, sort of like a young James McClean. Is he more technical than that?

He's different to McClean. He's got pace and a few tricks as well. Loves to take people on. McClean is really fit and committed grafter. Grant is more skillful. If he can match McCleans drive and resilience then he'll do very well. 
El Puto Amo
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 5:48pm
Andy Lyons leaving bohs too, will be a top player, hodgson at palace has been after him for about a year now.
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 6:16pm
Where has that been confirmed? Im happy to hear as like Grant I think he's ready to make the next step. I just hope Boh's get compensated with a reasonable sum of money as its pointless developing these players if they are then sold for peanuts.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Andy Lyons leaving bohs too, will be a top player, hodgson at palace has been after him for about a year now.

Not my cup of tea to be honest. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 330>
  Share Topic