You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but Sinclair Armstrong is at QPR now: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/sinclair-armstrong-joins-under-18s-231020/
Are you getting your info by pigeon?
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:58pm
Gavin Kilkenny an unused sub for Bournemouth in a 5-0 win. 16 year old brought off the bench ahead of him. It's pretty clear his prospects are limited there. Hopefully he can get a loan move in January. He turns 21 soon....

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Dec 2020 at 4:58pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:25pm
 he should just retire , it is clear i think
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:06pm
Zack Elbouzedi didn't get on for Lincoln despite his heroics midweek. Sean Roughan hasn't started a game in six weeks, either.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:39pm
Bohemians have rejected a bid from Huddersfield for Danny Grant.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:20pm

Gavin Kilkenny an unused sub for Bournemouth in a 5-0 win. 16 year old brought off the bench ahead of him. It's pretty clear his prospects are limited there. Hopefully he can get a loan move in January. He turns 21 soon....

I agree he should be looking for first team football now, he's a slight lad and hasnt bulked up like others his age. He is getting selected for the bench more and more so definite progress made

Wouldn't read into a 3 minute cameo from a 16 year old too much. Bournemouth look a good prospect for promotion i think a loan move for kilkenny would be a good shout.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:39pm
All in all its been another poor weekend for a lot of irish prospects 

Parrott - another game without sight of goal.
Masterson - stuck to the bench 
Kilkenny and Travers - again bench players.

Positives 
Dara oshea, knight and Nathan Collins. 

Also Southampton players will Ferry and smallbone playing for the u23s. Ferry getting 2 assists and smallbone coming back from a thigh injury 

Edited by Left foot - 12 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:41pm

Bohemians have rejected a bid from Huddersfield for Danny Grant.

How much? 5 grand take it or leave it deal?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Positives 

Also Southampton players will Ferry and smallbone playing for the u23s. Ferry getting 2 assists and smallbone coming back from a thigh injury 

Knight and Collins starting to do it week after week now, you just take it for granted after a while. O'Shea not being selected as consistently but playing at a higher level obviously.

Mark McGuinness another young Irish player having a tough time of it, getting a lot of stick from the Ipswich support these days.

Hopefully Smallbone can get back into the Southampton first team soon. Would have more hope for him there than I would for Obafemi.

Joshua Kayode doing really well for Carlisle. Playing in League 2 so not a high standard but doing well and he's underage for the Under 21s next year as well. Has probably moved ahead of Ryan Cassidy who can't get a game for Accrington Stanley.

Jake Doyle Hayes doing really well in Scotland also, the standout player in a St Mirren team with a lot of Irish players in it. He's only on a 1 year contract so will probably move next summer. Hibs tend to sign any half decent player that St Mirren have so that might be his next destination or he might go back to England. Looks too good a player to be at St Mirren anyway.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:09pm

Positives 

In September I was hopeful and optimistic that this would be a big year for our young players but it really hasn't been so far, although plenty of time for things to change. For different reasons, Parrott, Idah, Obafemi, Molumby, Connell, Smallbone and I'm sure others haven't had the impact we would have hoped for yet.

As you said yourself, some positives with the likes of O'Shea, Collins, Kelleher but I'm not as optimistic about the future of the national team as I was a few months ago, bearing in mind the start Kenny has had also. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:20pm
Yeah, still feel that it'll be 2 years before the ireland team see an upside from the potential at underage.

Cant help being impatient though.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Positives 

In September I was hopeful and optimistic that this would be a big year for our young players but it really hasn't been so far, although plenty of time for things to change. For different reasons, Parrott, Idah, Obafemi, Molumby, Connell, Smallbone and I'm sure others haven't had the impact we would have hoped for yet.

As you said yourself, some positives with the likes of O'Shea, Collins, Kelleher but I'm not as optimistic about the future of the national team as I was a few months ago, bearing in mind the start Kenny has had also. 

Travers Kilkenny Coventry so many of them not playing games/men’s football and they at a really important age in their careers to be getting rolling. 

Of all the above Luca Connell stands out even if he does play men’s football next year at 20 years of age like his first season playing men’s football again starting from scratch.

Bazunu Stokes Sean Roughan (only turned 17) both at Lincoln all getting loads of game time Elbouzedi as well played really well during the week. As for Cassidy played 45 minutes yesterday and has played EFL games so he’s not completely in the cold/struggling for game time. Jack Taylor too an obvious stand out.

We have plenty positives for sure. The notion they were all going to take things by storm was far fetched. 

I often say as a Man Utd fan where I feel the club throws in young players too deep too soon to their first team instead of loaning them out to develop it takes 3 full seasons if not 4 of regular men’s football before you can even begin to make an accurate judgement on a players ceiling. 

For a lot of the above it’s their first year so realistically your talking 2 if not 3 more years before we get a real idea of where that group of young players are going individually and collectively. 

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Dec 2020 at 11:48am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
We have a good few lads on the books of Spanish teams this year, I wonder will we have more in the next few years, with the new rule that Irish lads cant sign for British teams until there 18 coming in with Brexit.

JJ Finn - Getafe 
Ryan Nolan - Getafe
Kevin Toner - La nucia 
Sean Flaherty - Tenerife
Caden McLoughlin - Villareal
Marcus Rowley - Malaga (playing for there reserve's Atletico Malagueno)

*Anselmo McNulty (Was with Betis last year now with Wolfsburg)
*Ryan Johansen - Seville (Not sure if still eligible)

Id imagine we will, the weather is great, and the fact English is spoken a good  bit in parts of Spain and big Irish community also over there. Suprised there hasnt been more tbh.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 16 Dec 2020 at 1:18pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

We have a good few lads on the books of Spanish teams this year, I wonder will we have more in the next few years, with the new rule that Irish lads cant sign for British teams until there 18 coming in with Brexit.

JJ Finn - Getafe 
Ryan Nolan - Getafe
Kevin Toner - La nucia 
Sean Flaherty - Tenerife

Anselmo McNulty (Was with Betis last year now with Wolfsburg

Hopefully! I’d not heard of Sean Flaherty before. Do you know much about him?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:21pm
McNulty is probably the most likely of those mentioned above to really crack it. Still a youngster but something of a prodigy who is being monitored by many major clubs. Level headed kid too by all accounts from a good family background.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

JJ Finn - Getafe 
Ryan Nolan - Getafe
Kevin Toner - La nucia 
Sean Flaherty - Tenerife

Anselmo McNulty (Was with Betis last year now with Wolfsburg

Hopefully! I’d not heard of Sean Flaherty before. Do you know much about him?

19 yo midfielder, as far as I know grew up in Tenerife. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 5:41pm
Brandon Kavanagh to train with Crystal Palace, Killian Cahill linked with a move to Brighton and Thomas Oluwa also interesting teams in the UK.

Daniel Mandroiu has signed for Shamrock Rovers, which is pretty disappointing considering he was linked with a move to Twente a few months ago.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 16 Dec 2020 at 5:41pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:50pm
mandroiu to replace byrne i think, makes sense for all and good environment for him to kick on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 329>
  Share Topic