You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 3:19pm
Timi Sobowale at Waterford nominated for swai player of the month. Anybody seen anything of him this season?

Danny Grant at Bohs also nominated. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Timi Sobowale at Waterford nominated for swai player of the month. Anybody seen anything of him this season?

That's Timi's older brother Tunmise at Waterford. 
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Is he the kid that played in Spain for a bit? Hercules I think it was
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Is he the kid that played in Spain for a bit? Hercules I think it was

Ya, he was out there for awhile. I've seen a good bit of him this season with the streaming service. He's, big and skillful. Causes wreck from RB going forward. Cannot defend. At all.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 2:30pm
Sean Roughan makes a first competitive start for Lincoln at age 17. Aaron Drinan finally makes a first competitive start for Ipswich. Andrew Omobamidele and William Hondermarck make the bench for Norwich for the first time.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:04pm
Clean sheet for Gavin Bazunu on his debut for League 1 Rochdale away to championship side Huddersfield Town in the league cup. A big Irish contingent at Rochdale and Eoghan o Connell scored the winner. Hat trick for james Collins today as well against Norwich 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Clean sheet for Gavin Bazunu on his debut for League 1 Rochdale away to championship side Huddersfield Town in the league cup. A big Irish contingent at Rochdale and Eoghan o Connell scored the winner. Hat trick for james Collins today as well against Norwich 

Take away penalties and he had 8 goals from open play in 46 league games last season, which equaled a 1 in 5.75 game ratio. I think that statistic is more representative of Collins's strengths at this kind of level of football.

I've rarely seen a player look more lost than he did in Georgia and Switzerland. The timing was right to take a shot on Connolly considering we had two cracks at automatically qualifying with the safety net of a playoff. Connolly would've vindicated selection with the double against Spurs and performances like the ones off the bench against Man City and Newcastle, the latter where he had a shot agonisingly saved on the line at the last second. Instead, he came off the bench for ten minutes and did more in ten minutes than Collins did in eighty, using his pace and anticipation to almost bury a chance on the break.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Take away penalties and he had 8 goals from open play in 46 league games last season, which equaled a 1 in 5.75 game ratio. I think that statistic is more representative of Collins's strengths at this kind of level of football.

I've rarely seen a player look more lost than he did in Georgia and Switzerland. The timing was right to take a shot on Connolly considering we had two cracks at automatically qualifying with the safety net of a playoff. Connolly would've vindicated selection with the double against Spurs and performances like the ones off the bench against Man City and Newcastle, the latter where he had a shot agonisingly saved on the line at the last second. Instead, he came off the bench for ten minutes and did more in ten minutes than Collins did in eighty, using his pace and anticipation to almost bury a chance on the break.
I only mentioned he scored a hat trick . I wasn’t advocating he should be the squad or anything . Bazunu I have great hope for
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:29pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I only mentioned he scored a hat trick . I wasn’t advocating he should be the squad or anything . Bazunu I have great hope for

I know. Just seeing his name gave me flashbacks and compelled me to go on a tangent. Thumbs Up
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:51pm
Rochdale had 7 Irish players starting out of their 11 today- Bazunu, Ryan Mc Laughlin ( NI ), Paul McShane, Eoghan O'Connell ( who scored the only goal ), Jimmy Keohane, Jimmy Ryan and Stephen Dooley. Plus an Irish manager, of course. Match was supposed to be at Spotland but work is still being done on their pitch so they had to play it away at Huddersfield. Impressive start to the season.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Rochdale had 7 Irish players starting out of their 11 today- Bazunu, Ryan Mc Laughlin ( NI ), Paul McShane, Eoghan O'Connell ( who scored the only goal ), Jimmy Keohane, Jimmy Ryan and Stephen Dooley. Plus an Irish manager, of course. Match was supposed to be at Spotland but work is still being done on their pitch so they had to play it away at Huddersfield. Impressive start to the season.

A Ybig day out in Rochdale is on the cards when you are allowed to travel abs go to games.  

Where is the Rochdale meetup.   What's the pickpocket situation BSM in Rochdale 
AKA pedantic kunt
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 6:16pm

Dooley is NI too. Ex coleraine, Derry and cork.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

A Ybig day out in Rochdale is on the cards when you are allowed to travel abs go to games.  

Where is the Rochdale meetup.   What's the pickpocket situation BSM in Rochdale 
14 day average is 22.7. It’s just too risky Baldy
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 3:42pm
In other news 

With Bournemouth seemingly selling off all their best players, I feel it gives Kilkenny a good chance to push for a place next season
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:46am
Conor Masterson has signed a new three year contract with QPR, on his 22nd birthday. Good to see him getting a better break than his former Liverpool pals Alex O'Hanlon, Dan Cleary and Corey Whelan did after leaving Anfield.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 12:41pm

Conor Masterson has signed a new three year contract with QPR, on his 22nd birthday. Good to see him getting a better break than his former Liverpool pals Alex O'Hanlon, Dan Cleary and Corey Whelan did after leaving Anfield.

Really good news, he's very good with the ball to feet, has a bit of pace about him and despite the odd lapse in concentration can read the game well.

If he can sort out the 90mins of focus you require as a defender and bulk up a bit in the gym (hes always been too lightweight in my opinion) he'll have a good year with qpr 
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm
Mipo Odubeko (2) and Conor Coventry with the goals for West Ham u-21s against Southend tonight in EFL Trophy tonight.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:28pm
2 more goals and assist for Ryan Cassidy tonight.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 329>
  Share Topic