Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/shamrock-rovers-teenager-kevin-zefi-21640534?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

PSV interested in Kevin Zefi.

Got 20 mins tonight and looked good, Rovers much better with him on, few games in that league will do him good before a move 
ive been involved in his age group the past 8 years. Took a big growth spurt about 4 years ago,and he’s been excellent since then. He’s an absolute handful for defenders his own age group. Hard to believe he’s a 2005 born. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/shamrock-rovers-teenager-kevin-zefi-21640534?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Got 20 mins tonight and looked good, Rovers much better with him on, few games in that league will do him good before a move 
ive been involved in his age group the past 8 years. Took a big growth spurt about 4 years ago,and he’s been excellent since then. He’s an absolute handful for defenders his own age group. Hard to believe he’s a 2005 born. 

Do you think it's his physicality that makes him stand out? Doesn't strike me as being particularly big from what I've seen.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:45pm

The general chat about this lad about this lad would make the chat about Troy Parrott a few years ago seem like silence in comparison and PSV would be a savage move for a kid like him but there’s far bigger clubs than PSV by all accounts looking at him across Europe. 👀👀 I don’t know anything about the kid only he’s 15 so he’s a child leave him develop away but I get the impression if people are getting excited by this crop of 21s they could put themselves into a happiness coma when they see the talent coming up from U19/17/15 etc. 👀
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:24am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Do you think it's his physicality that makes him stand out? Doesn't strike me as being particularly big from what I've seen.
Hes got all the tools to make a living. He’s not a monster but when he plays at his own age group his pace and strength is very difficult to control. Runs at you at pace and Is quite tricky. Not too many weaknesses in his game. Doesn’t look out of place playing 2 years out of his age group but I haven’t seen him play any senior games. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:35am
Didn't look too out of place last night, nmnot sure where he usually plays but kept popping up in the middle, trying to get the ball and pass it on, management screaming at him to play up top. Looked very comfortable working the ball in little space. 

At one stage I looked he was on the half way as Rovers defended a corner, I've no idea how but next thing he was on the edge of the Bray box taking the ball off one of our players, must've only been 3/4 seconds since I'd seen him on half way.

Still, only 15, many at that age don't kick on, Aaron Bolger getting hauled offthe  last night says as much, albeit he would have been a bit older playing senior for first time 

Edited by nvidic - 19 Aug 2020 at 7:38am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 4:54pm
Might of been clarified before, but what is his background. Where are his aul pair from?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 4:55pm
This lad has Albanian parents. I wonder if he'd have any pull towards representing them if they decided to sniff around.

I mean if he was good enough to represent both countries he's eligible for at senior level, would someone like Joe Hodge choose Ireland on the basis of having one grandparent? If so, then surely this boy would have to at least consider an Albanian approach.

They looked a decent side at Euro 2016 and Zefi would've been in his formative years watching that.

If there is any genuine interest from Inter, it may become more of a pressing issue seeing as Albanians are a massive diaspora in Italy.

Anyways, all hypothetical at the moment.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

This lad has Albanian parents. I wonder if he'd have any pull towards representing them if they decided to sniff around.

I mean if he was good enough to represent both countries he's eligible for at senior level, would someone like Joe Hodge choose Ireland on the basis of having one grandparent? If so, then surely this boy would have to at least consider an Albanian approach.

They looked a decent side at Euro 2016 and Zefi would've been in his formative years watching that.

If there is any genuine interest from Inter, it may become more of a pressing issue seeing as Albanians are a massive diaspora in Italy.

To be fair I’d be quite happy to take it that he wants to stick with us considering surely the Albanian FA would have at least looked at him and it’s not like an English situation that lads are declaring for us because they aren’t good enough to be looked at by Albania. Oddly enough Kennys Kids shared a video of like the President of Albania talking up Rocco Vata another Albanian descent youth international playing underage for us. Going by that Zefi would surely been at least approached. If he does go to Italy then it does obviously do Albania’s chances of getting him to declare no harm that would make sense but look what will be will be In quite happy to take it he wants to declare for us until it’s suggested otherwise.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 5:13pm
Another lad with Albanian heritage, Leo Gaxha, signed his first professional contract with Sheffield United a fortnight ago. He'll be with their U-23s next season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 5:51pm
Gaxha and Zefi... Albanians have awesome last names...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:03pm
There’s another Albanian lad in the Rovers 2005 group who is going to be a very good player also. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

To be fair I’d be quite happy to take it that he wants to stick with us considering surely the Albanian FA would have at least looked at him and it’s not like an English situation that lads are declaring for us because they aren’t good enough to be looked at by Albania. Oddly enough Kennys Kids shared a video of like the President of Albania talking up Rocco Vata another Albanian descent youth international playing underage for us. Going by that Zefi would surely been at least approached. If he does go to Italy then it does obviously do Albania’s chances of getting him to declare no harm that would make sense but look what will be will be In quite happy to take it he wants to declare for us until it’s suggested otherwise.
The President of Albania is very good friends with Rudi Vata, Rocco's dad. That is the reason he is a Celtic supporter and also likely to be the reason he is talking about Rudi's son. His massive support for Israel is probably a bit less obvious...
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 9:26pm
A senior goal for 15 year old child Kevin Zefi against Athlone Town tonight.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 10:15pm
Erroneously accredited to him it looks like now unfortunately 
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 11:33pm
What's the connection with Rudi Vata and Ireland as his son is playing for us
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm
The maternal grandmother is Irish.
We're decent enough..
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 11:44pm
Cheers 
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:49am
Dan McDonnell reporting that Bazunu is set to go on loan to Rochdale and also getting a new deal at Man City.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 329>
  Share Topic